Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Dec 1, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #5,881 of 5,933
I am sorry but sounds like your first rodeo in crowdfunding.

There are targets that are always missed, mostly due to the nature of the beast. The backers want more features and the manufactures tries to incorporate as many as

possible.

Mind you I have backed everything from LHLabs so far but I have also backed different earphones, amps and other stuff from Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Deadlines are

missed but the end result so far has been very satisfying considering the quality of goods received. Currently backing a 3D Printer, Pono Clear Edition, Decibullz, Earcandi

and Geek Wave/Pulse/Out.

With the Geek Pulse, I got a DAC with Femto/Balanced in/out, Headphone amp, top notch opamps and mu metal shielding for the price of $600. Its a mind boggling piece of

kit for the price but also has the catch of waiting a few more months. Would I like it yesterday? Yes but for $600 you cant get it cheap, fast and well built so I will take cheap

and well built but forgo the "fast" bit.

The thrill of participating and suggesting solutions was also very satisfying as it made me feel that they actually gave a damn about what I said. I was the first to raise an

objection that the Wave should have mp3 support as there were murmurs of no mp3 support and Larry Ho replied that yes, there will be mp3 support since it didn't make

sense to not include it.

You prefer a quicker solution so maybe crowdfunding is not the best solution for you and that's fine since its not a one size fits all business model.
So funny. Now knowing what happened this poster, who clearly was rebutting the previous thread poster who warned people not to get scammed, couldn't have been more wrong. I have been following this thread since 2014 off and on and I just felt like starting to read it from the beginning. A very sad time capsule to be sure.

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #5,883 of 5,933
So funny. Now knowing what happened this poster, who clearly was rebutting the previous thread poster who warned people not to get scammed, couldn't have been more wrong. I have been following this thread since 2014 off and on and I just felt like starting to read it from the beginning. A very sad time capsule to be sure.

I managed to get three IEMs in exchange for the Wave. Nature of the beast with crowdfunding that you don't always get what you want.

Just backed the Harmonicdyne Poseidon.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #5,884 of 5,933
I managed to get three IEMs in exchange for the Wave. Nature of the beast with crowdfunding that you don't always get what you want.

Just backed the Harmonicdyne Poseidon.
Sounds like an interesting headphone. The tuning aspect is crucial, IMO and hopefully is guided not simply by ear. I am not saying that it will be, but when it comes to speakers (headphones are of course small speakers) proper design needs an artful balance between tuning with the ear, but even more importantly robust measurement and design. I look forward to reading about this headphone when it is released.

Dec 27, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #5,885 of 5,933
Jan 6, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #5,888 of 5,933
Pretty amazing how it has been over a year since a Wave "update". IGG, Larry silent. I guess it is all over for sure now. How many millions disappeared?

Hopefully a lot cashed in for the various IEMS instead. Be happy you didn't get the Wave cause it would of been a POS. Just like my Pulse Infinity and Source SE that collect dust. The only good thing I've ever had from them was the Oscar's and that was under the Light Harmonic name. Finally after a year I'll be be exchanging the remaining $2,659 owned into a Stella and a few Mera's. Likely won't ever use them but at least it cost LH something to make and ship them so anyway I can cost them something is worth it

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #5,891 of 5,933
Hopefully a lot cashed in for the various IEMS instead. Be happy you didn't get the Wave cause it would of been a POS. Just like my Pulse Infinity and Source SE that collect dust. The only good thing I've ever had from them was the Oscar's and that was under the Light Harmonic name. Finally after a year I'll be be exchanging the remaining $2,659 owned into a Stella and a few Mera's. Likely won't ever use them but at least it cost LH something to make and ship them so anyway I can cost them something is worth it

Yup....I ended up with a FiiO M11 Plus LTD and it is so far ahead of what the Wave would have ever been. The whole name change thing is entertaining though!

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #5,892 of 5,933
You know I think it is a good idea to keep this thread running as long as possible. Wish we could change the thread header to Light Harmonic. Money we lost thread.

If only for folks to know what happend. The legacy of Larry Ho and Gavin Fish. Let the truth be told about modern day thievery.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #5,895 of 5,933
I contacted them also back in the day about the IEM exchange and never heard back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back