Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Dec 9, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #5,791 of 5,933
"Light Harmonic is the type of company who makes a product, and stands behind it."

George-
As someone who literally threw away an LH DAC that was less than six months old because I could not get support for a driver issue, I find this really insulting. You just quoted the manufacturer on a statement like this? If you are going to be more that a PR copyist, please do some fact checking before taking any companies word for anything.

Dec 9, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #5,792 of 5,933
George-
As someone who literally threw away an LH DAC that was less than six months old because I could not get support for a driver issue, I find this really insulting. You just quoted the manufacturer on a statement like this? If you are going to be more that a PR copyist, please do some fact checking before taking any companies word for anything.

That part does not longer appears on my website or Head-Fi

Usually, if a problem like this appears, people comment on Youtube, so I have some buffer time to do research if needed

Also, I receive tens of mails daily from you guys, so I generally know what's up, my best guess is that this IEM was not known enough for anyone to mention it to me before

I also never reviewed a product from LH or LHL before, so I simply didn't have contact with them before

I will keep a reminder about this thread and let guys know of the input I receive

The IEM should be fully supported by LH, so there's no reason to not receive any input.

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #5,793 of 5,933
Interesting enough, I actually do now know much about this story, can anyone let me in on what is going on? :)

Searching through the thread reveals pieces, but I can't seem to put the pieces together

I'm asking especially because when I spoke to LH, they have been extremely open and talkative, so I would have assumed, like with most companies, that this is how they generally are with their customers (?)
Have you been living under a rock? This is incredible! Your "naivete" is simply appalling, if naïve you were! I will call you on that one though! For a reviewer, that is not excusable nor acceptable! Many of us have lost thousands of $$ on Larry and Ho!

Dec 10, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #5,795 of 5,933
Really? You see you use the word "should" and that doesn't really inspire confidence on your part! Trying to push a company which has lost its reputation long ago for shady business practices otherwise known as theft! Larry and Ho, no go man!

I was quite confident before reading this thread

BTW, I always document about a product, but when searching just about the Mera Signature, the results were those:

https://www.amazon.com/Light-Harmonic-Mera-Performance-Headphones/dp/B07VWGRVV6?th=1

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-bgvp-artmagic-est8-light-harmonic-mera-signature.949146/

https://majorhifi.com/light-harmonic-mera-review/

https://nerdtechy.com/light-harmonic-mera-review

https://unreasonablereviews.com/review-light-harmonic-mera/

those are all what comes in the first searches about the light harmonic mera signature for me when I google search it

With none of those search results indicating anything neative, and with Amazon page being positive, and since I know someone in romania who has a pair, and who bought it and is happy, and who also confimed a nice overall interaction with the company, I could assume that the company was safe

My friend even told me that he asked about the warranty conditions and that the company was open and supportive about it

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #5,797 of 5,933
I just got my confirmation e-mail about being in the exchange program. I may finally almost be out of this thing. I feel really bad for those that put money in for a really expensive one. I keep kicking myself. I was literally deciding between this and a Pono back in the day. I was concerned that Pono wasn't by a real company... If I had known that Pono Dac was by Ayre I may have done that.

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #5,798 of 5,933
Have you been living under a rock? This is incredible! Your "naivete" is simply appalling, if naïve you were! I will call you on that one though! For a reviewer, that is not excusable nor acceptable! Many of us have lost thousands of $$ on Larry and Ho!
George-
That part does not longer appears on my website or Head-Fi

Usually, if a problem like this appears, people comment on Youtube, so I have some buffer time to do research if needed

Also, I receive tens of mails daily from you guys, so I generally know what's up, my best guess is that this IEM was not known enough for anyone to mention it to me before

I also never reviewed a product from LH or LHL before, so I simply didn't have contact with them before

I will keep a reminder about this thread and let guys know of the input I receive

The IEM should be fully supported by LH, so there's no reason to not receive any input.

Googling "LH LABS: Never received your crowd funded product?" or similar will find more background.
One of the biggest crowdfunding failures around.
Really changed enthusiasm for the IGG and other platforms.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #5,799 of 5,933
I was quite confident before reading this thread

Well you really stepped into a mine field on this one! :wink: While it is good to hear you did do some research, I think there is a lesson here for all reviewers: Don't treat statements by any company as fact. If you can't verify them, don't "print" them. The best reviewers even verify specs using their own measurements.

That said, you made an honest mistake and I'm glad you have taken actions to correct it. Thanks for that.

Dec 10, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #5,800 of 5,933
Well you really stepped into a mine field on this one! :wink: While it is good to hear you did do some research, I think there is a lesson here for all reviewers: Don't treat statements by any company as fact. If you can't verify them, don't "print" them. The best reviewers even verify specs using their own measurements.

That said, you made an honest mistake and I'm glad you have taken actions to correct it. Thanks for that.

I actually don't trust companies on their word about their status either :)

I try to quantify it with the data I can find. This time, searching just the name of the product and reading into it didn't reveal everything.

I will leave that bit in my review, so those who read it know that there is something they should investigate about the company

Good example example about my statement above, when it comes to FiiO, they are an oustanding company, but I had a dozen people reply to me in comments on Youtube that FiiO does not service items directly, so in every review I recommend people to not purchase from them directly, but instead go through local sellers who usually offer exchanges for deffective units. I have first hand experience with that since I used to purchase fiiO DAPs in the past, and had trouble twice, and the local agent exchanged it twice no questions asked with a full boxed new unit.

Dec 10, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #5,801 of 5,933
Googling "LH LABS: Never received your crowd funded product?" or similar will find more background.
One of the biggest crowdfunding failures around.
Really changed enthusiasm for that IGG and other platforms.

Really sorry about it. To be honest, I haven't seen any photos about that Geek Wave for so many years that I guess I simply forgot it ever existed.

At that time I was a broke student who relied only on his FiiO X5 and some old Ie8...

Dec 12, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #5,803 of 5,933
@Brubacca, I joined the IEM exchange very early on and I have not heard anything from LH Labs or Light Harmonic or whoever is sending out emails. The latest "update" claims that 50 people have made the first round of the exchange, so I would guess that some others have been notified of something.. Hard to believe I missed the first round of 50, but hey, this is Larry and LH Labs we're talking about. Punctuality, Competence, Honesty and Integrity are clearly words that I would never use to describe LH Labs.. Maybe I'll make the "second or third or fourth or fifth... round of exchange, but it looks like I'll have to wait until at least January to find out... I really just want out of this nightmare, and I'm sure many others do too...

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #5,804 of 5,933
@Dobrescu George

If I was you, I'd sever all ties with LH. If they sent you a freebie, I'd send it back and delete all reviews.

We all know how Companies like to pick up positive snippets from reviews "So and so said this" etc. It's only a matter of time before someone buys on the strength of something positive you've said about something that LH has produced. They could end up in the same predicament as many of the Members in this thread.

I wouldn't want to be attached in any way to a company that has a questionable (that was diplomatic!) track record.

Nothing personal at all against you, I just think you could eliminate any potential future headaches for yourself.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to the members are still fighting the good fight, I hope you at least get something out of this.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #5,805 of 5,933
Well tracking information says I should be getting 2 pairs of Iems tomorrow then I'm out (unless they fail quickly).

I haven't even tried to figure out if there Mera's are decent or not. They sell on amazon for $250 a pair and I can walk away from this whole thing... Maybe.. We'll see.

I hope all the rest of you here get whole with Light Harmonic. I will let the community know if I get them tomorrow. I intend to use one pair. probably try to sell the others, you never know. If my wife sees them and likes them Maybe she will get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back