Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Dec 30, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #5,821 of 5,933
@Shawnb, good luck. It has taken me several weeks and constant dogging to get LH Labs to acknowledge that I opted for the exchange. I finally received an e-mail a few days ago letting me know that I have officially made the exchange list, but I have not yet been notified when IEM's will be sent. I opted for 2 of the Mera's. Watch out, though, because they increased the price on the Mera's from $210 to $230, and they added on shipping to this. Anyway, the Mera's are not really discounted 30% as they stated in their "update" whether you paid $210 or $230 because Light Harmonic and Amazon are both listing them for $249, and Amazon is including free shipping. Good ol' Larry Ho and his special offers/discounts.....

Jan 5, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #5,822 of 5,933
Well, I know you all will be surprised by LH Labs most recent trick. For all you folks that exchanged for the Mera in lieu of the non-existant Wave, the conman from Light Harmonic or LH Labs or whatever he/she represents now claims the exchange rate for the Mera is $230 for everyone, and not the previously quoted $210. In addition, LH Labs told us the exchange would give us a 30% discount on the list price for the Mera. Well, Light Harmonic is now selling the Mera from its own store for $249... So it is clear that LH Labs is again being dishonest... There is no 30% discount, and the exchange price has reportedly been increased... the b@st@rds at LH Labs can't keep a story straight or a promise for 2-3 months (since 10/30/20 when they announced the IEM exchange program), so anyone who is still counting on getting a Wave after 6 yrs....

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #5,825 of 5,933
Not defending the company but just adding that I entered the exchange program and received my set of mera signature. Money back would have been preferable though because I assume these are worthless on the trade market.

Jan 15, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #5,827 of 5,933
@Shawnb, if you are really wanting to get some IEMs in the exchange option, my best advice is to go to the Indiegogo site and post a comment everyday about wanting to exchange. Someone from LH Labs or Light Harmonic or somewhere checks in on occ and leaves an occ response. I had to leave comments almost daily (Twiort Maisce) for weeks before I finally got a response, but they ultimately sent out 2 Mera to me... I'm not sure what the exchange rate is for the Stella, but they have increased the exchange cost of the Mera to $230 apiece, whether this really matters or not to you... I was not aware that we could opt for the Mera Signature version, but kdestremps28 claims he/she received one. In my case, I literally had to bug the sh@t out of them to get IEM's, so you may have to do this also to get a real response. Good luck.

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #5,828 of 5,933
I asked about exchange program on Jan 19, 2020 and got a confirmation email said I had been added to the program on Feb 27, 2020.
Then nothing received in 5 month. I asked again in July and finally got one Stella on July 30, 2020.
Had no interest listening to it, so directly sold it online at the price around half of they set on exchange program.

Just want to share the timeline, it really took long time to get anything from them.

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #5,829 of 5,933
@Shawnb, if you are really wanting to get some IEMs in the exchange option, my best advice is to go to the Indiegogo site and post a comment everyday about wanting to exchange. Someone from LH Labs or Light Harmonic or somewhere checks in on occ and leaves an occ response. I had to leave comments almost daily (Twiort Maisce) for weeks before I finally got a response, but they ultimately sent out 2 Mera to me... I'm not sure what the exchange rate is for the Stella, but they have increased the exchange cost of the Mera to $230 apiece, whether this really matters or not to you... I was not aware that we could opt for the Mera Signature version, but kdestremps28 claims he/she received one. In my case, I literally had to bug the sh@t out of them to get IEM's, so you may have to do this also to get a real response. Good luck.

I had enough credit to do two mera so I said that. They suggested a mera signature instead.
Timeline was this:
10/31 initial email
12/8 response. confirmed mera sig was fine and entered into program

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #5,830 of 5,933
Unfortunately, the LH Labs teamed turned their own IEM exchange into a bit of fiasco. Surprising, I know...It is looking more and more that this was not well thought out by them and I bet they did not count on so many people opting to exchange. I received 2 of the basic Mera, but despite actually having the exchange funds to "pay" for them, the LH Labs team acted like they were doing me a big favor by owning up to there own offering. I have often wondered how the Mera Signature compares to the standard Mera, given that it retails for about 3 times the cost of the Mera... Anyway, I'm still hoping that all those who entered the exchange program eventually receive IEMs, but you may need to continue to bug them until they respond.

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #5,832 of 5,933
Hi guys, I am no longer with LH Labs/Light Harmonic. There's no drama involved; I am simply too busy with my own projects/businesses to continue. I don't know any further information over the crowdfunded projects other than what I have shared. Best of luck and wishes to everyone.

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #5,833 of 5,933
Now that your no longer with them. Can you tell us what is really going on? I mean I can guess whats going on. We most definitley got the hose job. We will never ever see any type of wave. It is pure vaporware. I feel bad for folks that spent a lot of money back in the day and never got anything.

Lesson learned. Never backed any crowd funding since and never will.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #5,834 of 5,933
Now that your no longer with them. Can you tell us what is really going on?
Literally I've told everyone literally all I know. If I had any information of substance at any point, I'd let you know (and did). The last I heard on Wave was that the bluetooth was still being worked on but it was very slow going and the software developers were taking their time with the Wave due to bigger projects from bigger clients. I asked the office staff to keep me informed as I'm probably still owed a Wave for all the work I did, but yeah, I've heard nothing.

If I do get a Wave or something, I'll let you know. But at this time, I wouldn't expect for that to be done by summer.

As far as exchanges, I took a major backseat in that area and the office staff was taking care of those and supposedly handling the emails from customers re: LH Labs. I don't know what's going on with the ordering system or the website (or IGG), as I bowed out of that division due to other priorities.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #5,835 of 5,933
So while Larry can't figure out Blue tooth in a year, Fiio is launching 2 new players (one with a contingency plan for lack of AKM chips planned in - so really 3 players.
1. M11Plus: this model is a replacement for the M11Pro whose chip and display screen were discontinued. To make it brief, it is to upgrade the processor and display screen of the M11Pro. Three models of the M11Plus are planned in the future, the regular edition with the AK4497, the stainless steel edition, and the M11Plus E with ESS DAC that may be released at the end of the year (this is a plan). Due to the small number of the AK4497, and the sales requirement for the global market, the quantity that can be supplied in May is not much. In addition, the cost of the M11Plus has increased a lot, so the retail price will be increased significantly compared to the M11Pro. It is still under consideration.
2. M17: the M17 is a new product for FiiO trying to extend upward its player product line, so there is no substitute relationship between the existing players and it. It is also our attempt at the ultimate form of portable desktop players, especially the ports and driven capacity leaning to desktop systems. It is destined to be a product unsuitable for most people due to its size, weight, heat and price.
1617925995630.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back