Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Nov 3, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #5,761 of 5,933
I'm thinking about the exchange program, since something is better than nothing, I guess. However, LH labs has not clarified when they will start sending out earphones if you do decide to exchange. My big worry is this process may take several months, so it would be nice if stucklimo could offer up a reasonable time frame for us, so we have a better idea what to expect with this offer.

Nov 3, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #5,762 of 5,933
So, I got the following email and am trying to figure out if I should go for the offer or hold off. What are others planning to do?

Wave Exchange Program 10.30.2020

Hello all,
We are fully aware of the long delays in the Wave campaign design process and full production delivery. LH Labs have been working hard for a solution.
We are opening up an Exchange program for those who are tired of waiting for the Wave to ship and who have moved on to other gear. We will be offering to exchange your LH Labs Wave for high-end Light Harmonic earphones. These will consist of the Stella ($1,299.00 MSRP) and Mera ($299.99 MSRP) earphones, both of which have received very positive reviews from the listening community. The similar Pulse/Analog Exchange programs helped to resolve some of the few remaining deliveries for those campaigns.

The specs and details of each earphone are listed below in the links:
Stella
Mera

To participate in the exchange program, simply email cs@lightharmonic.com with the following information:
Title/Subject of Ticket: LH Labs Wave Exchange
-your full name
-full address(es) [billing/shipping] (Updated and valid)
-phone number
-email address [used for campaign]
-total amount spent on the campaign (attached the Paypal receipt if available)
-verify the shipping address we need to use.
- STELLA or MERA exchange [quantity and color you pick]

We will be giving backers a special 30% off the MSRP towards store credit. For example:

Amount Spent by Backer: $2,000
Stella MSRP: $1,299.99
Backer takes Stella: Only 900 in credit was spent, leaving $1,100 in credit

Mera credit will be $210. Example:

Amount Spent by Backer: $500
Mera MSRP: $299.99
Backer takes Mera: Only $210 in credit was spent, leaving $290 in credit

Color inventory on Mera [Scarlet and Black] may vary; please indicate your color choice and we will make every attempt to send you that color. Stella is blue.

If we need other information or documents, we definitely will let you know.

Thanks for your long term support of this campaign.

LH Labs Team
Did not get this. I may jump on it.

Nov 3, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #5,763 of 5,933
I'm thinking about the exchange program, since something is better than nothing, I guess. However, LH labs has not clarified when they will start sending out earphones if you do decide to exchange. My big worry is this process may take several months, so it would be nice if stucklimo could offer up a reasonable time frame for us, so we have a better idea what to expect with this offer.

I'm not involved so I can't help you.

Also, the one or two $500 Stella on Amazon that people online are touting off as being sold by LH is actually from a backer who has created a seller account. This is easily seen and verifiable by just looking at the seller listed.

Nov 3, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #5,764 of 5,933
So, I got the following email and am trying to figure out if I should go for the offer or hold off. What are others planning to do?

Wave Exchange Program 10.30.2020

Hello all,
We are fully aware of the long delays in the Wave campaign design process and full production delivery. LH Labs have been working hard for a solution.
We are opening up an Exchange program for those who are tired of waiting for the Wave to ship and who have moved on to other gear. We will be offering to exchange your LH Labs Wave for high-end Light Harmonic earphones. These will consist of the Stella ($1,299.00 MSRP) and Mera ($299.99 MSRP) earphones, both of which have received very positive reviews from the listening community. The similar Pulse/Analog Exchange programs helped to resolve some of the few remaining deliveries for those campaigns.

The specs and details of each earphone are listed below in the links:
Stella
Mera

To participate in the exchange program, simply email cs@lightharmonic.com with the following information:
Title/Subject of Ticket: LH Labs Wave Exchange
-your full name
-full address(es) [billing/shipping] (Updated and valid)
-phone number
-email address [used for campaign]
-total amount spent on the campaign (attached the Paypal receipt if available)
-verify the shipping address we need to use.
- STELLA or MERA exchange [quantity and color you pick]

We will be giving backers a special 30% off the MSRP towards store credit. For example:

Amount Spent by Backer: $2,000
Stella MSRP: $1,299.99
Backer takes Stella: Only 900 in credit was spent, leaving $1,100 in credit

Mera credit will be $210. Example:

Amount Spent by Backer: $500
Mera MSRP: $299.99
Backer takes Mera: Only $210 in credit was spent, leaving $290 in credit

Color inventory on Mera [Scarlet and Black] may vary; please indicate your color choice and we will make every attempt to send you that color. Stella is blue.

If we need other information or documents, we definitely will let you know.

Thanks for your long term support of this campaign.

LH Labs Team

Hope you were not messing with me because I just sent the e-mail. I couldn't take it if this was a Halloween prank. I asked for (2) Mera which would make me whole (actually I'd owe them $12). I don't trust the wave and have a need for a pair of iems.

Nov 3, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #5,765 of 5,933
I’m debating jumping on the exchange as well. Already exchanged enough for the Oscar’s and have enough probably for two Stella’s and a Mera. I don’t ever see myself using the Wave over my Max. It’s been way too long and too late to want or need it now.
Besides don’t forget there is NO support, none at all. So when it doesn’t work that’s it. You’re now SOL. My Souce SE is useless to me since it has USB issues connecting to a DAC, so I can’t use it. I’ll never be able to get it fixed since there’s no one.
@stuck limo doesn’t work there so we have literally no one.
Take the exchange even if you don’t need them.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #5,766 of 5,933
Nov 4, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #5,768 of 5,933
I'm not involved so I can't help you.

Also, the one or two $500 Stella on Amazon that people online are touting off as being sold by LH is actually from a backer who has created a seller account. This is easily seen and verifiable by just looking at the seller listed.
This is basically why I want to end my involvement with Light Harmonic. I want something for the $416 I spent other than some DSD files for education that I can't even find anymore.

Give me my one or two pair of Stella IEMs and let me go on my way. When they break I'll replace them. I was going to dive into IEM territory anyway but wasn't going to spend much. So this gets me going in that world. Plus with the expanding foam tips I may be able to use these on my mower.

Currawong- if you happen to read this thanks for your video reviews. I rather enjoy them.

Nov 4, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #5,769 of 5,933
I never got an email about this exchange.

Nov 10, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #5,772 of 5,933
Nov 30, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #5,775 of 5,933
1606768447339.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back