Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Aug 1, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #5,431 of 5,933
This is a very good post. However, LHL did announce a release candidate in Sept of 2017....so they had something....unless it was not true. If what you assert is true that they chose this continue instead of refunding, then this is also on IGG as well...no oversight and no caring about backers. Obviously they had no internal controls as it is evident they have no idea where the money went....including to "normal" sales bonuses and salaries.

It could also be the case the everyone and every transaction was paid in cash, thus the planning and cash issues....if there are no records there can be no planning.

[merged]

LHL originally marketed Wave to as being ready for prodction in the IGG campaign, only needing money for production. I have zero trust in their campaign updates, which have been nothing but lies from the beginning.

I have zero background in electrical engineering, but give me 6 million dollars and I will sure as schiit produce something from scratch in two-to-three years.

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #5,432 of 5,933
If they truly had something in a condition we would normally think of as a "release candidate" in September 2017 (fully operational, a few last bugs to be worked out) and couldn't get it into production in the intervening two years, that tells you (1) how close it really was to a working model, (2) a lot about an organization that can't get a fully operational release candidate into production in 2 years, or (3) both.

Remember also:

- This was 2 years after the first projected ship date, if I remember correctly.

- For at least one other failed LHL crowdfunding project, backers were asked to pay for imminent shipment of products that never shipped (or, apparently, were even produced).

This implies that most, if not all, updates on RCs and/or production or ability to produce were just wishful thinking or just plain made up. I can see that being the case. They should have refunded years ago when they were able, but perhaps "normal" sales bonuses got in the way.

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #5,435 of 5,933
Wait, BONUSES were paid to LHL staff!? For what exactly?

It was an internal sales competition to see who could sign up the most suckers to the various Indiegogo perks, I imagine.

Or perhaps it was who could come up with the most custom configurations and push the actual production schedule of all the customized units beyond the realm of being realized.

#TongueRemovedFromCheek

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #5,436 of 5,933
It was an internal sales competition to see who could sign up the most suckers to the various Indiegogo perks, I imagine.

Or perhaps it was who could come up with the most custom configurations and push the actual production schedule of all the customized units beyond the realm of being realized.

#TongueRemovedFromCheek
On a sidenote: How do you like your T+a? I was thinking about maybe looking into one, since I have a fair amount of DSD.
Or is there a thread I should go to?

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #5,437 of 5,933
Aug 7, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #5,438 of 5,933
AptX-HD is being worked towards on the Wave to ensure higher quality bluetooth transmissions and market competitiveness. It's not there yet but now that AptX is working, they can start building on that. No plans for LDAC at this time but it's not written out.

Aug 7, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #5,439 of 5,933
What evidence do you have to make such a bold statement? What research have to done to support this statement?

The Wave should have features and function like most other dedicated local music source DAPs on the market: great sound, high grade internal components (especially for those who got all the perks), SD card, good battery life, AptX (hopefully AptX-HD in the future), smooth operation, etc. If you've heard a Geek Out or Go2Pro (especially the higher end type) vs other high end DAPs, you know how it sounds in comparison to other products.

Aug 7, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #5,440 of 5,933
The Wave should have features and function like most other dedicated local music source DAPs on the market: great sound, high grade internal components (especially for those who got all the perks), SD card, good battery life, AptX (hopefully AptX-HD in the future), smooth operation, etc. If you've heard a Geek Out or Go2Pro (especially the higher end type) vs other high end DAPs, you know how it sounds in comparison to other products.

These are just assertions....there is no Wave now and the competition keeps moving forward.

The part "should have features" doesn't say much either....is it fully designed or not? I'm guessing not since the final specs of the now reduced model set has not been made public.

How about posting in full detail the specs of the now 10 wave models so we can all compare to other models?

I'll say it again in case you forgot....I don't think there will be a Wave...if there is in 3 to 4 years I'm not interested....I want my money back!

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #5,444 of 5,933
There is an improved filter on the Wave too, so sound should be even better than the current state of (example) Go2Pro.

I'll try again:

"How about posting in full detail the specs of the now 10 wave models so we can all compare to other models?"

Filter this and filter that...it really doesn't mean a thing because there currently isn't a Wave and we do not know the specs of the models that may be produced in the next few years....if ever.

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #5,445 of 5,933
Damn, I just wish they would get the core models out... and simplify if they have to. Have three models, base, mid and high... and get them out to people. Heck, just start rolling the base 64gb stock model out to people and start finding bugs and getting feedback. Though I'm sure that people will be all over them if they don't deliver all the 10x combinations of configurations. In my mind, let's see some waves in the wild. 80% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back