Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Aug 14, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #5,461 of 5,933
The crowdfunded phone of the future was a multimillion-dollar scam - The Verge
Aug 13, 2019
https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/13/...-indiegogo-crowdfunding-phone-scam-fraud-case

Five years later, Tschiltsch still wouldn’t have a Futurefön.
Instead, he’d be sitting in an Illinois courthouse testifying at the behest of the FBI, which claimed the device was the last step in a decade-long fraud operation that cost victims nearly $6 million.
“I always thought it was ambitious,” Tschiltsch says now.
“It didn’t occur to me that the guy had just taken the money.”

Tschiltsch is just one of many angry Indiegogo backers who say Futurefön creator Jeff Batio strung them along with lies, excuses, and faked product updates.
But the backers aren’t just angry with Batio.
They’re frustrated by how easily a scammer could flourish in the high-risk world of gadget crowdfunding — and how poorly Indiegogo was equipped to deal with it.

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #5,462 of 5,933
The crowdfunded phone of the future was a multimillion-dollar scam - The Verge
Aug 13, 2019
https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/13/...-indiegogo-crowdfunding-phone-scam-fraud-case

Five years later, Tschiltsch still wouldn’t have a Futurefön.
Instead, he’d be sitting in an Illinois courthouse testifying at the behest of the FBI, which claimed the device was the last step in a decade-long fraud operation that cost victims nearly $6 million.
“I always thought it was ambitious,” Tschiltsch says now.
“It didn’t occur to me that the guy had just taken the money.”

Tschiltsch is just one of many angry Indiegogo backers who say Futurefön creator Jeff Batio strung them along with lies, excuses, and faked product updates.
But the backers aren’t just angry with Batio.
They’re frustrated by how easily a scammer could flourish in the high-risk world of gadget crowdfunding — and how poorly Indiegogo was equipped to deal with it.

Everything on Indiegogo is a scam. Where’s the news article on how much we were scammed?

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #5,463 of 5,933
Everything on Indiegogo is a scam. Where’s the news article on how much we were scammed?

Easily solved, contact 'the verge'. Tell them what you know and let them do the leg work on piecing things together.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #5,464 of 5,933
So looks like we have more or less the same toys.
This is my setup for extended trips...

I own a Go2Pro with the latest firmware/filters, and Larry informed me the Wave has an improved, updated filter. You can think of a Wave as a portable Pulse or Go2Pro.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #5,465 of 5,933
So looks like we have more or less the same toys.
This is my setup for extended trips...

Essentially, yeah :), but my portable setup is: LG V20 > Audioquest Dragontail (Carbon) > iFi iSilencer > Furutech OTG > Go2Pro. I have the Revive but I leave it at home.

What's the ID on the bag? I really like that thing. (mine below, ID on album is Cirith Ungol - 'Paradise Lost', 1991)

Go2Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #5,466 of 5,933
That’s a good idea. Getting another company who did the same thing like LH would only give this article more credence and make the article even more poignant. They could contact the writer and just point them to this very long thread and he could pull so many quotes and promises, it’s not funny.
edit: I just emailed the author of that Verge article and pointed her to this thread. Maybe you all should do the same, maybe something might come out of it.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #5,468 of 5,933
Its a case for 2.5 HDDs made by TaylorHE. Try searching on Amazon "2.5 hdd eva case".
@stuck limo You should try Revive in your portable setup!

Edit: Found it

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #5,469 of 5,933
Its a case for 2.5 HDDs made by TaylorHE. Try searching on Amazon "2.5 hdd eva case".

Edit: Found it

This is what I use to cart everything around: https://imgur.com/a/JJBKaSL

Edit: Fiio A5 shown in there that I bring sometimes, depending on setup. But usually the back compartment area is full of V20 batteries.

the one I have shuts off randomly if not plugged in on the charger, so that's on desktop speakers. The other one I have is going to be stationed on a new headphone system at home. If I somehow got a third one, I may consider carrying it around. But for now, the iSilencer works really well for sound quality and avoiding bulk.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #5,471 of 5,933
But the Light Harmonic site is still up and running... If Larry Ho was a real great guy, he would give each and every one who perked on the Geek Wave one of his new Mera IEMs, you know just as a sign of gratitude to all those who backed him... But, I don't really believe that Larry is a real great guy, so no one should expect to get a Mera IEM from him unless, of course, you pay for it....

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #5,472 of 5,933
But, I don't really believe that Larry is a real great guy, so no one should expect to get a Mera IEM from him unless, of course, you pay for it....

Even if I paid for it, I still wouldn't expect to receive it given the track record involved. Warranty and technical support as well as customer service would likely also be non-existent, in the event one needs it (i.e. if you've actually received any product to begin with).

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #5,473 of 5,933
Wave team is working on finalizing the beta candidate PCB configuration right now. When that's finalized, they'll work on the final release candidate board. Per Larry:

"The first photo is the board modified to test software related features (Bluetooth tuning and the rest).. not the final board design. The second photo is focused on internal storage access speed optimization and jitter removal for digital audio transmission."

upload_2019-9-17_13-36-15.png upload_2019-9-17_13-36-36.png

Sep 17, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #5,474 of 5,933
Wave team is working on finalizing the beta candidate PCB configuration right now. When that's finalized, they'll work on the final release candidate board. Per Larry:

"The first photo is the board modified to test software related features (Bluetooth tuning and the rest).. not the final board design. The second photo is focused on internal storage access speed optimization and jitter removal for digital audio transmission."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back