Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jul 24, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #5,401 of 5,933
To offer refunds to those who want them would be the only decent thing to do at this point even if meant taking out a loan to cover any shortfall.

The slate would be cleaned and Larry could go forward with his other ventures with a clear conscience and perhaps even some goodwill from the community.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #5,402 of 5,933
My impression is adding to refund waiting list, refund only possible when your unit sold via retail or another channel like Drop, LH sold your unit on behalf of you. But this only possible if the production actually realized and ships.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #5,404 of 5,933
Are they doing this??

No, nope, nay. Only possible if the product finally into production. It’s very common way to treat crowdfunding that delay too long, but finally into production, early stage refund will kill the project and unfair to people still have faith to campaigner and decide to support and wait, while keep backers happy, good for company going to have further campaigns to keep the reputation good. While the product into production, campaigner will start taking pre-order , if 50 pre-order received, move the money to 50 backers in waiting list and ship their products to pre-order, to keep lower price for bigger production quantity and least financial impact , it’s how the deal works.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #5,411 of 5,933
The most important takeaway from the new update on delivery:

“We don’t have a formal release time line for that.”

Thanks but no thanks. I still want a refund.

“Gavin took normal sales bonus with his marketing and sales team member from the campaigns.”

How much did he take across all campaigns? What about salary?

"There is no clear information we could find through IGG that indicated when Gavin resigned the job at LH Labs, he still was or was not owner of the campaigns. This is something IGG will need to clarify."

So you've been asking IGG? What did you specifically ask? If he wasn't the owner when he left who would have been? You didn't notice when he stopped showing up? This is a bizarre answer.

"Last year, we have EP6 (prototype 6) which finally reached near the function requirements. But it didn’t enter as the “release candidate” because Bluetooth functions and a few features didn’t perform as expected."

Sept 17/2017 had a release candidate...what happened to it? This was 2 yrs ago.

"We believe this model is very competitive in current market even this project started long time ago."

What evidence do you have to make such a bold statement? What research have to done to support this statement?

[merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 30, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #5,412 of 5,933
The latest update claims there was "only" about $650K for Wave. This is over a million dollars less than is shown at the Indiegogo page.

The update claims there are "less than 10" remaining configurations; the last chart I saw from LHL showed either 3 or 4 as I recall.

There is a claim that there is a new PCB without some problems of the old PCB, but also that there is yet another "much better" one.

So neither the configurations nor even the PCB appear to be finalized after a claim of many years of work by a substantial but unspecified number of people, and over a million dollars seems to have gone missing somewhere in the meantime.

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #5,413 of 5,933
The latest update claims there was "only" about $650K for Wave. This is over a million dollars less than is shown at the Indiegogo page.

The update claims there are "less than 10" remaining configurations; the last chart I saw from LHL showed either 3 or 4 as I recall.

There is a claim that there is a new PCB without some problems of the old PCB, but also that there is yet another "much better" one.

So neither the configurations nor even the PCB appear to be finalized after a claim of many years of work by a substantial but unspecified number of people, and over a million dollars seems to have gone missing somewhere in the meantime.

They state $650k because they co-mingled the Wave and Source IGG projects to share funds, a practice no longer permitted by IGG (surprise, surprise). Yes, millions have been lost across all LHL campaigns. With LHL out of business and no openness about funding from Light Harmonic, the plans stated in the last "update" mean nothing. We have been told before that any Waves will be made on a best effort basis based on funding from Light Harmonic. In effect, there is no timeline for anything because of this. You are right about the configurations as well....they have no clue what's going on.

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #5,414 of 5,933
OK we have an update on the Wave, and whether it actually amounts to anything is open to debate, but what about the other things people are still waiting on? The remaining Pulses, the Sources, the Vi Dacs, the analog components and anything else I may have forgotten. What's going on with these?

Jul 30, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #5,415 of 5,933
With LHL out of business...

Is LHL out of business? Wouldn't they be legally required to file for bankruptcy and list all the backers as creditors? I ordered a product from an online store that went under before the order shipped. I was listed as a creditor in the court filing. I got something like 25 cents per dollar owed.

Edit: I'm not a lawyer, but I'm fairly sure LH Labs is in violation of the law. The corporate entity is dissolved due to not filing their taxes. That might mean they are in violation of tax law. Further, you can't simply just walk away if the company has creditors, which is what those with unfilled orders are.

https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/C...&SearchCriteria=LH+Labs&SearchSubType=Keyword

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back