Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Apr 18, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #5,251 of 5,933
The first design didn't have the hole on the top, and that design was rejected due to air flow tube health/longevity.

So an engineer with design experience didn't know that a vacuum tube design needs ventilation holes? That discovery/finding is "recent" despite the fact the original "too difficult to produce" design actually had the tubes fully protruding from the top so that they could breath air freely?

You know, the design that we all pledged money to have built? The "Kayla" design. Or was Kayla actually just a pretty face employed by Gavin to induce IGG pledges in the overall scheme to defraud?

Apr 18, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #5,252 of 5,933
So an engineer with design experience didn't know that a vacuum tube design needs ventilation holes? That discovery/finding is "recent" despite the fact the original "too difficult to produce" design actually had the tubes fully protruding from the top so that they could breath air freely?

You know, the design that we all pledged money to have built? The "Kayla" design. Or was Kayla actually just a pretty face employed by Gavin to induce IGG pledges in the overall scheme to defraud?

The way it was described to me [at least how I read it] (again, broken English, hard to interpret) is the factory didn't do it properly, not LH Labs, so they rejected it. Not sure. I seem to remember there were two designs at first - one for solid state, and one for tubes that specifically had the holes.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #5,254 of 5,933
made a correction to original post, since I misidentified the Geek Pulse.

Geek Pulse = no $$ left for now. Still awaiting additional funding
Vi DAC = most people should have the solid state by now. Any additional will be supplied but I'm unsure when
Vi DAC Tube = manufacturer issues with the chassis. Still being worked on currently.

So yes, funding + mfg issues are the main driving issues.

How many Pulse actually shipped? There was a lot of fan fare at one point with this friendly face:

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #5,255 of 5,933
Vi DAC Tube = manufacturer issues with the chassis. Still being worked on currently.

Vi DAC Tube update: Due to when we confirmed the ME design is OK. The factory told us there is something else that needed changed, so that delayed the chassis. The design is near 100% complete though. They are making the new one fit all the PCBs of Tube versions next week. The supporting structure needed adjusting, and the Tube chassis was needing to have more air flow to cool it down (passive air cooling). The first design didn't have the hole on the top, and that design was rejected due to air flow tube health/longevity.

Jarek, if the above Vi Dac Tube update is current (that is, just a day or so old) is it reasonable to assume that if next week's version of the chassis proves to be ok, then chassis production will start straight away followed by component assembly, testing and shipping all within the next two or three weeks? I'm not, of course, asking if all Vi Dac Tubes will be shipped within that time-frame, but whether it is reasonable to assume the process will commence in earnest and continue without further delay?

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #5,256 of 5,933
Jarek, if the above Vi Dac Tube update is current (that is, just a day or so old) is it reasonable to assume that if next week's version of the chassis proves to be ok, then chassis production will start straight away followed by component assembly, testing and shipping all within the next two or three weeks? I'm not, of course, asking if all Vi Dac Tubes will be shipped within that time-frame, but whether it is reasonable to assume the process will commence in earnest and continue without further delay?

This is LH Labs. I would not hold your breath over anything happening that fast, assuming the information IS true.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #5,257 of 5,933
This is LH Labs. I would not hold your breath over anything happening that fast, assuming the information IS true.

Wise words (though I might have said something like "if" the information is true, rather than "assuming").

Apr 19, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #5,259 of 5,933
CCX is still on-going and will be delivered after the Vi DAC Tube.

All other Analog products are on-going except for the Pulse Tube Preamp. Larry believes that the backers for the PTP were already contacted or should have been contacted by the previous Customer Service team and/or Gavin.

This is a lie. No one was contacted.

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #5,260 of 5,933
CCX is still on-going and will be delivered after the Vi DAC Tube.

All other Analog products are on-going except for the Pulse Tube Preamp. Larry believes that the backers for the PTP were already contacted or should have been contacted by the previous Customer Service team and/or Gavin.

This is a lie. No one was contacted.

seconded - the only contact has been to ask for shipping money for VI

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #5,261 of 5,933
So Jarek, you have some doubt about the veracity of the update?

He walks a tightrope between his employer and backers. He has given out the information that LHL has run out of money. They could have every design done and tested today, but we won't get a thing because there is no money for production. Light Harmonic will, at its discretion, fund as it is able to. Simply put, nobody knows if there will ever be a shipped product; the wave has been nearly 5 years already.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #5,262 of 5,933
It's the quarterly LH labs criticism already? People, this is a farce, nothing will ever ship, everything is a stalling tactic to keep us quiet. I'll eat my shoes if any of the campaigns will ship. Anyone who still thinks there's hope is a fool and if you think otherwise you deserved to be ripped off. I knew it was a scam 3.5 years ago when I meet Gavin in person and every time I see these post I'm reminded how stupid and gullible I was.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #5,263 of 5,933
It's the quarterly LH labs criticism already? People, this is a farce, nothing will ever ship, everything is a stalling tactic to keep us quiet. I'll eat my shoes if any of the campaigns will ship. Anyone who still thinks there's hope is a fool and if you think otherwise you deserved to be ripped off. I knew it was a scam 3.5 years ago when I meet Gavin in person and every time I see these post I'm reminded how stupid and gullible I was.

You met him in person??? Do tell...after all he says he is a "master of crowdfunding"

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #5,265 of 5,933
It was in 2015 at a meet in the bay area and I managed to get the their booth just before finishing. When I asked when is the Pulse going to ship as it was already over schedule Gavin hastily replied...soon just before setting off in a rush. Front his body language I could tell something was off. I didn't get the confidence he believed in his product the way Dan from mr. Speakers did when I spoke to him.
I wasn't proven wrong. Hopefully we can do obscenities on their graves someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back