Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Apr 10, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #5,149 of 5,933
@Bill2112, what's more interesting (or maybe just much sadder), is that we all could have gone away for work for FOUR YEARS and come to the same old thing...NOTHING!

In the very early days of the Pulse campaign I recommended becoming a backer to a friend. He was a very cautious type and after much toing and froing decided not to. I'm very glad he didn't because he's now deceased.

I wonder whether any backers have died waiting?

Apr 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #5,150 of 5,933
It's a Western Digital drive as confirmed by the other guy who did remove the top and look inside. If I get a picture from him of the inside of his unit, I'll post it for everyone. Confirmed: femto clocks are in his Source.

Thanks for the pictures.
I knew that would get a response. Glad to see it's as advertised. Any word on a firmware update to fix some of the issues?

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #5,152 of 5,933
Ah, folks, the drive in these pics is a WD 10TB "mechanical", spinning disk, hard drive, not an SSD. Not sure what this backer "perked" for, HDD or SSD, but that not an SSD!

So these are Source photos from the other guy who received his. Note: this is actually a slightly modded Source now because the guy is an engineer and decided to "improve" or tweak certain things. As far as he can tell, everything that is supposed to be there is there.

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #5,153 of 5,933
Ah, folks, the drive in these pics is a WD 10TB "mechanical", spinning disk, hard drive, not an SSD. Not sure what this backer "perked" for, HDD or SSD, but that not an SSD!

Correct. It's an HDD, not an SSD, per the picture. The backer perked for an HDD, which is clearly shown in the picture, as confirmed by the backer. Per the pictures, and per my previous comment:
As far as he can tell, everything that is supposed to be there is there.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #5,155 of 5,933
Why are we discussing what ONE backer received? So many more of us haven't gotten a damn thing! What about the freakin' Wave backers?

Fellow backers from the Source campaigns keep bringing up the topic and there are no devoted Source threads.

There are some on this forum who would like ALL of the topics and discussion over LH Labs to disappear completely from the forum.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #5,156 of 5,933
@stuck limo What ever happened to the Larry Q&A? It too just quietly died on the vine?

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #5,157 of 5,933
@stuck limo What ever happened to the Larry Q&A? It too just quietly died on the vine?

What would be the point when you can't trust a word he says? You can't trust anything with this company. It's sad it's come to this but the mistrust is well deserved. So any Q&A or updates are pointless cause you can't tell the lies from the truth if there even is any truth. So all of it's pointless and a waste of time.

Why are we discussing what ONE backer received? So many more of us haven't gotten a damn thing! What about the freakin' Wave backers?

The fact that I received something should give you hope that you might one day get something as well, be it a Wave or anything else. This shows it's not all smoke and mirrors and shows it's real..... Well 2 at least.

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #5,158 of 5,933
Fellow backers from the Source campaigns keep bringing up the topic and there are no devoted Source threads.

There are some on this forum who would like ALL of the topics and discussion over LH Labs to disappear completely from the forum.

I'm sure threads disappearing is exactly what Larry wants....to disappear quietly into the ether without any responsibility for the millions lost.

The whole Q&A thing was just one of the many distractions (like the team photos and other release candidate pictures in the past) to placate backers with fake updates. He never had any intention of answering questions that would incriminate himself or hurt Light Harmonic.

It is very important.....it shows the total incompetence of LHL by showing us that there is NO production schedule of any kind. Anything shipped will be on a piecemeal basis as there is no money left to do anything of substance. If Larry wins Powerball then maybe we will get our stuff...the quality is another issue of course.

[merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 13, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #5,159 of 5,933

I had an interesting conversation with Larry tonight over the status of LH Labs, the Wave, Light Harmonic and the video update. The video update is still (according to Larry) being planned to happen, but it will be after the next Wave update. The latest I've heard is the team is still working on the bluetooth/wifi aspect and it's, as usual, taking a long time and there's no shareable updates yet from the team. Other things were discussed but I can't really get into them. He did say that the dealers across the world are pushing Larry to dump LH Labs (shut it down) and abandon the projects. He doesn't want to do it though and wants the backers to get what they paid for. So he's incredibly aware of the negativity and discussion over the slow campaigns. Regardless, LH Labs will continue on production and there's some discussion he had with me over the best way (re: Wave/Source) to handle that. That's all I can say about that right now/maybe ever. But some ideas are being at least looked at/acknowledged, which I know doesn't really mean much/anything in the real world, but I do report (what I can) and try to assist backers in getting their merchandise any way I can, so that attempt happened tonight. If I hear anything else, I'll report what I can.

Also, the Source issues mentioned by Shawn and the other backer are being examined by LH Lab's man in Singapore and actively being worked on for fixing and improvement. I am unsure why this wasn't done BEFORE they shipped these out, but no one asked me. :weary:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #5,160 of 5,933
Thanks. And yes I agree with you that is doesn't mean much in the "real world" as it is the same as always: problems, no shareable updates....same stupidity (no offence to you intended).

Curious....dealers want LHL shut down? How many dealers? What counties? Do these people realize that LHL is bankrupt and can no longer stand on it's own? LHL is effectively shutdown anyway.

Saying LHL is in "production" really isn't true. The Wave is not a product and the Source is here and there only. It is just piecemeal shipping.

Given your foreshadowing of "maybe ever" it does seem even more unlikely these campaigns will ever pay out.

I'd suggest just refunding what you can (I think even you, Jarek, realize he's stalling). If Larry is only now "acknowledging" the problems then he has been totally out of touch for years.

I don't want my Wave....I'd settle for a certain percentage back. Face it....nothing will ever ship. There's no cash to do so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back