Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jul 24, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #4,576 of 5,933
I think that the Hiby R3 is a much better example. The R6 is simply tuned Android, so it can just use the Android tidal app.

The R3 could be a sibling to the wave. Custom Linux os only to be used as a data.

It actually has quite a few issues with tidal.

Jul 24, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #4,578 of 5,933
This might be a naive question as I’m not fully conversant with credit card (CC) companies chargeback policies, but on other failed/failing crowdfunding campaigns that I’ve had the misfortune to support, a few backers have mentioned successfully instructing their CC companies to reclaim monies pledged over a year ago. I’ve an Amex CC and will enquire with them later today whether a chargeback against LH Labs is possible under the U.K. Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014) for non-delivery of goods.

Admittedly this is a long shot, but I’ll report back with my findings.

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #4,579 of 5,933
Fair point. I talked to Larry and apparently it's still a hotly requested feature, so that's being worked on.

It's hotly requested by whom? Who is Larry talking to? Certainly he's not talking to the backers on various forums....

And next time you manage to talk to him then please push him to a computer and make him post an update about his projects.

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #4,581 of 5,933
Jul 24, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #4,582 of 5,933
Tidal was not a feature that was offered in the indiegogo campaigns. Holding back production to add new features is stupid, especially for a product that is already YEARS behind schedule.

Close the books on this chapter, lock the feature set down for Wave 1 (the indiegogo version) finish development and beta and SHIP THE G@DD@MN THINGS! I don't care if Wave 2 comes out in 6 months (or more likely 36 months at Larry's development rate). If the features are just firmware then that is even MORE reason to lock it down today and ship. You can add all the features you want through firmware updates later.

Holding back production and shipping because of feature creep can kill the product and the company. This is the height of management incompetence.

Like others, I do wonder who is begging Larry for these features - it shure as hell isn't those of us who backed the Wave in the indiegogo campaigns over FOUR YEARS ago.

Jeez!!! Larry Ho could not just try, but BREAK the patience of Job. I know that he has finally broken me, and I am a pretty patient individual.

J.P.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #4,583 of 5,933
It's hotly requested by whom?

I'd say Tidal support is a feature almost anyone buying an audiophile level music player is looking for. But I agree that at this point I'd rather have them ship the player if it's otherwise in working condition.

I've pretty much lost hope on ever seeing my money or the Wave, so I don't even have the anger anymore. First and last time using IGG or buying anything from LHL.

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #4,584 of 5,933
It's hotly requested by whom? Who is Larry talking to? Certainly he's not talking to the backers on various forums....

And next time you manage to talk to him then please push him to a computer and make him post an update about his projects.

We/I get messages from people. We've already had positive response for Tidal support from those people.

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #4,585 of 5,933
Tidal was not a feature that was offered in the indiegogo campaigns. Holding back production to add new features is stupid, especially for a product that is already YEARS behind schedule.

Close the books on this chapter, lock the feature set down for Wave 1 (the indiegogo version) finish development and beta and SHIP THE G@DD@MN THINGS! I don't care if Wave 2 comes out in 6 months (or more likely 36 months at Larry's development rate). If the features are just firmware then that is even MORE reason to lock it down today and ship. You can add all the features you want through firmware updates later.

Holding back production and shipping because of feature creep can kill the product and the company. This is the height of management incompetence.

Like others, I do wonder who is begging Larry for these features - it shure as hell isn't those of us who backed the Wave in the indiegogo campaigns over FOUR YEARS ago.

Jeez!!! Larry Ho could not just try, but BREAK the patience of Job. I know that he has finally broken me, and I am a pretty patient individual.

J.P.

Fully 100% understand your position. I'll relay that to Larry.

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #4,586 of 5,933
We/I get messages from people. We've already had positive response for Tidal support from those people.

"Those people" being the Asian retail channel. Or maybe just a figment of Larry's imagination and nothing more. I'd bet the former actually.

Fully 100% understand your position. I'll relay that to Larry.

Thanks so much Jarek, but thats accomplished exactly nothing now since your joining LHL over 1 year ago. Or is it 2 years ago? No one knows, or much cares.

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #4,587 of 5,933
"Those people" being the Asian retail channel. Or maybe just a figment of Larry's imagination and nothing more. I'd bet the former actually.

No, actual backers.

Also, just because they're working on Tidal support doesn't necessarily mean the beta units are delayed. They may be working on Tidal independently. But I don't have confirmation either way. When I do get that, I'll post it.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #4,588 of 5,933
No, actual backers.

Also, just because they're working on Tidal support doesn't necessarily mean the beta units are delayed. They may be working on Tidal independently. But I don't have confirmation either way. When I do get that, I'll post it.

Thank you Jarek for offering help. I wonder if you'll ever get that confirmation or much other usable information. Larry and his company won't even share with you how many Source units were shipped. Do you think you can get a timeline for the Wave?

I would like to ask for a feature that is maybe also hotly requested. It's called "shipping out the Wave". I've seen more backers request that in various forums than I have seen backers requesting Tidal.

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #4,589 of 5,933

Users who are viewing this thread

Back