Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jun 20, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #4,501 of 5,933
There are enough Chinese members here. Stop fooling people by making screen shot in Chinese? Your screen shot is Dunu falcon C, 达音科 隼,which is totally irrelevant with what we discuss here.

I apologize, I am unsure what you mean. That picture directly relates to this paragraph:

We also have another solid reason that we have zero intention and didn’t use this Asteria’s design. Dealers in Asia found a lot of similar enclosures that has been commonly used by Campfire and other manufacturers. They had strong doubt on that and suggested Light Harmonic don’t get involved. Here are some quick screen captures of these products we got from them. (see attached)

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #4,502 of 5,933
I apologize, I am unsure what you mean. That picture directly relates to this paragraph:

We also have another solid reason that we have zero intention and didn’t use this Asteria’s design. Dealers in Asia found a lot of similar enclosures that has been commonly used by Campfire and other manufacturers. They had strong doubt on that and suggested Light Harmonic don’t get involved. Here are some quick screen captures of these products we got from them. (see attached)
What a truly smelly excuse....
Dunu Falcon C released in summer 2017.
Campfire Lyra release in summer 2015.
Can you find any sound and valid excuse please?
With your logic, a thing release in 2015 copied the design of a thing released in 2017. Do you think it's valid?

I know your intention of fully buck-passing, but..please do some research before doing so...As I said, a lot of people here can read Chinese and search for the contents you used to defend yourself, in Chinese.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #4,503 of 5,933
@stuck limo We LH labs faithful supporters are delighted about the new product.

When will it be available? And is it going to be Kickstarter or indiegogo?

And for this project, will you add some perks in the campaign, please? You know we LH labs faithful supporters love perks. Maybe something like SUPER DUPER LOW THD perk and DOUBLE THE DRIVER COUNT perk? Gavin Fish was pretty good at coming up with these things; too bad he's out (or was it LH himself who came up with all these... hmmm...).

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #4,504 of 5,933
By using one terminated project to hint or suggest Light Harmonic “stole” any of Campfire’s design or technology is really not acceptable. We urge Campfire to stop this kind of behavior and if they are unhappy that any other vendor including Light Harmonic is entering the earphone market, please compete fairly and reasonably.

So sue them - but you won't will you (you know you'd lose). Because everyone with any sense knows that Ken Ball is right, and you blatantly ripped off their design. And don't try to muddy the waters. This isn't discussion about the Asteria - its about a different sample which Ken sent separately, has asked repeatedly for its return, and suddenly you come up with a very similar match in driver config and the internal chamber.

Further to that, you try and cast him as the villain? Do you think you are dealing with pre-schoolers here? The one IEM you originally made flopped - it was terrible. Then all of a sudden you've graduated from that to an extremely good design, and its all been your expertise. Pull the other one.

We know Ken. Trustworthy, extremely good reputation backed by years of stellar service and solid design.

We also know LH Labs. Con artists, who haven't delivered the products promised (yet still went on making more and more sales even though they knew they couldn't deliver), consistent liars, and now copyright breakers.

I hope Jude and the Moderators do the right thing. You have no business being on this website IMO. You should issue an apology to Ken - if you were honourable that is. I hope Ken goes after you legally. I for one would be willing to chip in some money to give him a fighting fund to do so.

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #4,506 of 5,933
And for the record, Light Harmonic didn’t open any of Asteria samples and we don’t need to. Asteria was simply an upgraded version of Dorado which we were trying to improve more.

So you didn't need to crack open the Asteria because you already opened the Dorado... excellent R&D work.

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #4,507 of 5,933
The sample Ken was talking about wasn't an Asteria sample (AFAIK) - it was a different hybrid, which they still haven't returned after being asked repeatedly to do so.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #4,508 of 5,933
The sample Ken was talking about wasn't an Asteria sample (AFAIK) - it was a different hybrid, which they still haven't returned after being asked repeatedly to do so.

That is literally the Asteria Ken is talking about, and has talked about the Asteria project and the unreturned Asteria prototype on other forums.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #4,509 of 5,933
I hope Jude and the Moderators do the right thing. You have no business being on this website IMO.

I'm glad you brought that up. LH Labs/LH isn't on this site, "officially". We don't sponsor or pay money to Head-Fi and we have never discussed doing so. I was already here as an individual for many years. My "Member of the Trade" badge was applied much much later, since I was hired by LH and we had many Head-Fi customers demanding a conversation with the company. In fact, we actually "left" the forum a brief period of time due to negativity. (I continued to post and read as an individual)

Any LH related threads are Head-Fi customer driven and built, not by us. But that's definitely a topic of discussion you can have with your fellow forum members, regarding whether we should or should not be on the site. Healthy discussion is always good and helps to build a strong community.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #4,510 of 5,933
With your logic, a thing release in 2015 copied the design of a thing released in 2017.

That was never stated by LH. LH has stated the design was in the marketplace commonly. We never stated CA copied anyone. If you have a direct quote stating that, please do post it.

So you didn't need to crack open the Asteria because you already opened the Dorado... excellent R&D work.

LH never opened the Dorado or saw any blueprints for Dorado. LH does not own a Dorado. That information regarding an upgrade was passed to LH by Ken.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #4,511 of 5,933
That was never stated by LH. LH has stated the design was in the marketplace commonly. We never stated CA copied anyone. If you have a direct quote stating that, please do post it.

LH never opened the Dorado or saw any blueprints for Dorado. LH does not own a Dorado. That information regarding an upgrade was passed to LH by Ken.
It’s about your extended meaning. You didn’t stated that but you meant that.

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #4,512 of 5,933
Keep up the great work, stuck limo. I don't know what kind of weird smear this is but it's bad form.

If Ken has proof of illegal activity, he should file a suit. I don't know him or his company, and I don't know Larry, and none of it matters. There's a way we handle things like adults in our civilization, and people are supposed to play by the rules.

Broadcasting allegations to forums isn't the civil way to settle anything.

Whoever thought that LH should sue in RESPONSE to the allegations is hilarious. That's called victim blaming. Until charges are pressed and a court things LH guilty, or at LEAST sufficient evidence has been presented to show that there was bad behavior, they've done nothing wrong.

None of the posts so far have proven anything. If there's proof, show it. Evidence speaks for itself.

I'm still looking forward to news about Wave development, so can we take the witch hunt elsewhere ?

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #4,513 of 5,933
In fact, we actually "left" the forum a brief period of time due to negativity.

You mean when you guys were totally overwhelmed by the bazillion products and variants you knew you could never fulfill in a lifetime? Shutting down dialog was a smart move.

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #4,514 of 5,933
1) Whining on a forum will not help produce a DAP.

2) Stress is bad for your general health and well-being, and being emotionally invested in the production delays is just adding to the overall cost of this music player. How much is your time worth? How many hours will you spend consumed with frustration about this?

3) There was never a guarantee that this product would ship, ever. Crowdfunding is a gamble, always. Sometimes it's smooth, sometimes it's not. Now, that isn't how they SELL it to you. They like to make it seem like it's a quick and easy process... But you can't blame LHLabs for the state of all business in the world. We live in a world full of marketing. Buyer beware.

Keep up the great work, stuck limo. I don't know what kind of weird smear this is but it's bad form.

If Ken has proof of illegal activity, he should file a suit. I don't know him or his company, and I don't know Larry, and none of it matters. There's a way we handle things like adults in our civilization, and people are supposed to play by the rules.

Broadcasting allegations to forums isn't the civil way to settle anything.

Whoever thought that LH should sue in RESPONSE to the allegations is hilarious. That's called victim blaming. Until charges are pressed and a court things LH guilty, or at LEAST sufficient evidence has been presented to show that there was bad behavior, they've done nothing wrong.

None of the posts so far have proven anything. If there's proof, show it. Evidence speaks for itself.

I'm still looking forward to news about Wave development, so can we take the witch hunt elsewhere ?

Very consistent that @rmp604

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back