Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Dec 15, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #4,307 of 5,933
8C6882F9-5114-44C3-86F1-5FAC1EEC85FF.png

LH Labs just got gold award with campfire

News updates:

1. The Wave beta boards have NOT arrived yet to my information.
2. Larry is in Japan this weekend at an audio show
3. The BigCommerce tickets that are "open" (ie: not waiting for a customer to respond) are down to 100 from about 400.
4. The new LH building paperwork got sent over late. When it gets signed, LH/L can be moved in.

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #4,310 of 5,933
On a serious note, if I tell you: 600 Femto upgrades, 234 THD upgrades, 100 XD128s, 36 Dual DACs.....what are you going to do with that information? What does it do for you? How does it help you? How does it help LH get the units out?

Touché. I thought of posting something similar to other demands for details that no crowdfunding campaign is obligated to post. Part of me understands though...after this much history of incompetence, backers feel they need to push extra hard to make sure Larry is on track to actually finish this thing. But let's not carried away with the questioning, guys.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #4,311 of 5,933
Touché. I thought of posting something similar to other demands for details that no crowdfunding campaign is obligated to post. Part of me understands though...after this much history of incompetence, backers feel they need to push extra hard to make sure Larry is on track to actually finish this thing. But let's not carried away with the questioning, guys.

Right. I'm not above giving you guys information, but let's keep the requests reasonable and practical.

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #4,312 of 5,933
How does it help you? How does it help LH get the units out?

It doesn't, but then seemingly nothing else does either.

Is it my imagination, or does there appear to at least be additional focus and progress on the Wave campaign, as opposed to the Vi DAC which has been in a state of suspended animation for over 2 years now?

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #4,313 of 5,933
I

Is it my imagination, or does there appear to at least be additional focus and progress on the Wave campaign, as opposed to the Vi DAC which has been in a state of suspended animation for over 2 years now?

I don't think that's really the case. LHL have been working on the design of the Vi DAC new chassis. As far as I know, everything else on the Vi DAC is moving at roughly the same pace it was. I'll double check again and make any updates necessary.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #4,314 of 5,933
I haven't been informed of one.

That's where the estimate for the Wave numbers came from

What other database would we be going through to identify what our customers ordered?

On a serious note, if I tell you: 600 Femto upgrades, 234 THD upgrades, 100 XD128s, 36 Dual DACs.....what are you going to do with that information? What does it do for you? How does it help you? How does it help LH get the units out?

Another update: we have an update for the Waves coming. I just got the information this afternoon. It's written, it's just waiting for approval to publish from Larry who wants to make some minor tweaks.

All I'm trying to understand is how you guys identify the required numbers for the future ordering.

I thought you would go through all the 400 tickets and receive 100% valid proven data.... which shouldn't be estimates because you aligned the order status with the backer, or?

Hence e. g. Ticket #1 for John Doe would result in one Wave 64 with Dual Dac and one Wave 128 w Femto. Now my expectation would be that this info is covered either in a xls sheet or any other database like software.
Hence at the end of those 400 tickets you have all the data in the xls sheet and can see at a glance what/how many devices are required.

If I'm mistaken here pls let me know.

From what you're saying above I get the understanding that you "just" correct the order status. Or is the software behind that clever that it filters it correctly and shows you all combinations at a glance?

Jarek, again, nothing against you personally. I just hope that nobody has to go through the order status again to get all the required data.

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #4,316 of 5,933
All I'm trying to understand is how you guys identify the required numbers for the future ordering.

I thought you would go through all the 400 tickets and receive 100% valid proven data.... which shouldn't be estimates because you aligned the order status with the backer, or?

Hence e. g. Ticket #1 for John Doe would result in one Wave 64 with Dual Dac and one Wave 128 w Femto. Now my expectation would be that this info is covered either in a xls sheet or any other database like software.
Hence at the end of those 400 tickets you have all the data in the xls sheet and can see at a glance what/how many devices are required.

If I'm mistaken here pls let me know.

From what you're saying above I get the understanding that you "just" correct the order status. Or is the software behind that clever that it filters it correctly and shows you all combinations at a glance?

Now I understand, and yes, we have that ability to export the invoices into an Excel or CSV. I assume that's what they'll do but I haven't been informed on what format it will be.

Dec 17, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #4,318 of 5,933
@stuck limo, I'm sorry to ask you this question, but I am somewhat confused about our (the backers of the Wave) role going forward... I understand that you are clearing up the tickets that people have submitted and you have made very good progress... But from here, are you all going to send out an e-mail to each of us sometime in the future to confirm which Wave and what added extras we have perked for? Honestly, this campaign has dragged on so long that a final confirmation on individual orders would seem to be required... For example, my order on the LH Labs product page just lists a Geek Wave X128, but it does not list dual DACS or the DAC upgrade that I perked for... So, if one more email from you all to confirm Wave versions with added perks is not in your plans, do we need to open a ticket to report what we have perked for, so you are aware of what each donor is expecting? Thanks.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #4,319 of 5,933
@stuck limo, I'm sorry to ask you this question, but I am somewhat confused about our (the backers of the Wave) role going forward... I understand that you are clearing up the tickets that people have submitted and you have made very good progress... But from here, are you all going to send out an e-mail to each of us sometime in the future to confirm which Wave and what added extras we have perked for? Honestly, this campaign has dragged on so long that a final confirmation on individual orders would seem to be required... For example, my order on the LH Labs product page just lists a Geek Wave X128, but it does not list dual DACS or the DAC upgrade that I perked for... So, if one more email from you all to confirm Wave versions with added perks is not in your plans, do we need to open a ticket to report what we have perked for, so you are aware of what each donor is expecting? Thanks.

If you're not seeing your perks in your BigCommerce account, you should open a ticket right now and label it as "BigCommerce Wave" or something clearly identifying the issue. Then include whatever you're missing in the email with screenshots/receipts if you have them, and we can fix that.

I imagine we would send out another email asking everyone to confirm, but that's not something we've discussed yet. I am probably going to send out an email to all the people with "Pending" BigCommerce tickets (meaning: I've responded to them asking for more information or clarification, and they haven't responded back) and ask them to either reply or their ticket will be considered resolved.

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #4,320 of 5,933
I don't think that's really the case. LHL have been working on the design of the Vi DAC new chassis. As far as I know, everything else on the Vi DAC is moving at roughly the same pace it was. I'll double check again and make any updates necessary.

Turns out that is the case, the old "switch the subject and rotate frequently" to give the appearance of recent progress (on only one thing at a time), with spacing to allow for less overall on each. So the Vi DAC goes on the back burner again, while we pretend to be addressing something on the Wave.

Why are Wave64 backers being asked to submit a ticket detailing their purchase, complete with "proof" via what you call IGG or LH Labs receipts?

Haven't they already provided that information at least twice already? So you still don't know how many Wave 64 backers there are, or are you about to announce that version won't be produced and so (conveniently) you'll need additional money from those backers to "upgrade" them to Wave128?

Do I see a repeat of what was pulled on the Wave32 backers ("oh sorry we won't produce that model, so just send us more money to resolve") but this time on Wave64?

Whats the story?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back