Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Mar 30, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #4,036 of 5,933
I just came back to check this thread and the forums at LH Labs main site and the Indiegogo page. Seems like the raging continues. Very, very strange this company. Seems like they have some cool and useful technology, but have just buggered their backers for no reason. Their forums are a mess and even their about page is weird.

It still says that Gavin Fish is the Chief Innovation Officer. What gives with that? I thought he left ages ago. When a company cannot even update their about page one has to wonder if the doors are closed.

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #4,037 of 5,933
Well, at least Larry Ho still appears to be alive... He has posted a new update this evening with info on the Source and the Wave.  He has included a Gantt chart on the Wave, but it is a bit difficult to read due to size of the print..  Maybe he can enlarge the chart for us.  He has also announced a free upgrade on the CPU for the Wave...  Also sounds like they may only be a few months away from the beta Wave units.  Like all previous updates, I guess we'll have to sit back and see how accurate this new update turns out to be....  

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #4,038 of 5,933
Soooo.... an update, finally. A Gantt chart too. The chart image is too small to read. I don't believe it matters.
Here's what matters. Larry is still adding upgrades for "free". Not good. Why? We will never receive the Wave unless
  1. Chassis is complete and in house.
  2. Boards are complete and in house.
  3. All parts purchased and in house. (no evidence especially when free upgrades are offered)
  4. Software and Firmware complete and tested and ready to load.
  5. Skilled people ready with solder to complete these one at a time (and don't forget they need proper management to keep track of which configuration they are building and for who).
Color me (still) unimpressed/depressed.

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #4,039 of 5,933
At least they're using a real project plan put together using Microsoft Project!  Could they actually have a real, honest to goodness, Project Manager?

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #4,040 of 5,933
Indeed good to see some activity. I am curious if Larry or one of the others will now address the concerns and questions of the backers. I'm not getting my hopes up for the Wave based on this update. Just more testing and ignoring the problems.

Maybe their Customer Happiness Team had training from United?
eek.gif

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #4,041 of 5,933
Apr 12, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #4,042 of 5,933
Apr 12, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #4,043 of 5,933
Just doing my fingers do the walkin! 
biggrin.gif

Happy Easter Bud!

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #4,044 of 5,933
Same to you Michael!

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #4,046 of 5,933
No, the Gantt chart just shows recent project management. What use is there including ancient history on the chart? Yes, we are curious as to just how close they were with their project timelines. That is just history, and most of us are concerned about the future of the project - we already know that the project itself has been poorly managed.

The upside of their scrapping and redesigning the Wave several times is that we will eventually receive a much better product than their first or second design attempt. Yes, it has meant that delivery has been delayed 16~24 months. Frustrating indeed, but hopefully the end result will be satisfying. It will almost certainly be the last DAP that I buy for many years. Heck! I am still surviving on a SanDisk Fuze - good, but nothing compared to the likes of a Wave or similar products.

J.P.

Apr 16, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #4,047 of 5,933
No, the Gantt chart just shows recent project management. What use is there including ancient history on the chart? Yes, we are curious as to just how close they were with their project timelines. That is just history, and most of us are concerned about the future of the project - we already know that the project itself has been poorly managed.

The upside of their scrapping and redesigning the Wave several times is that we will eventually receive a much better product than their first or second design attempt. Yes, it has meant that delivery has been delayed 16~24 months. Frustrating indeed, but hopefully the end result will be satisfying. It will almost certainly be the last DAP that I buy for many years. Heck! I am still surviving on a SanDisk Fuze - good, but nothing compared to the likes of a Wave or similar products.

J.P.

My thoughts too... I'll hopeful the finished product will be very nice. It certainly matches my needs better than some of the early prototypes.

Apr 16, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #4,048 of 5,933

J.P.

Yes, thanks for the mindful response. I've been scammed on IGG and I'm just hypersensitive i think.

LH has yet to vanish and I think Larry and co deserve the benefit of the doubt. I'll try to remember that as I get impatient :grinning:

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #4,049 of 5,933
Just had a look at my order and it looks like a ton of perks did NOT get included including dual DAC!!

How can you spend so many months setting up and re-setting up your ordering system Larry Ho and still get it so wrong?!

It does not bode well for a company's technical competence or commitment to quality to constantly allow itself to screw up like this.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #4,050 of 5,933
Where do you check your order? I had contacted them and my order was correct, but that was ages ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back