Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 28, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #4,021 of 5,933
So, they don't need up peons.

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #4,023 of 5,933

This really only matters if the numbers are non-trivial. If one sells two per month and you can only make one a month, there is a waiting list.....but does such a list even matter?

Yes, if it provides liquidity (cash) for ongoing operations across both LHL and Light Harmonic. Some people seem to think that all Larry and co. do are the IGG stuff, but remember that he was a successful developer and seller of high-end gear before he did anything with the Wave/Pulse/Source/Vi/etc. That's actually one of the only reasons I backed them, was due to their status as a proven company.

Now did I expect to still be waiting for my Wave and Source? Nope - not for this long. However, I do have a Pulse Inifinity, LPS4 and GO V2+ Inf that all work well. So unlike many IGG companies LHL has actually produced and delivered good products (not always perfect in operation, but they've always sounded good to me for their pricepoints).

Cheers

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #4,024 of 5,933
Last I heard they had a waiting list...

Last I heard they had a Geek Wave waiting list too... :p

Must be up to their eyeballs in that. It's a vicious cycle.

Mar 6, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #4,026 of 5,933
Does anyone know if LHLabs will be at any of the upcoming audio / headphone exhibitions? I wonder if they still want to show their face to the public by now.

They were at another groups meet not that long ago to show the wave frames and a few products.

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up at Canjam. Guess it depends if they feel like paying for a table.

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #4,027 of 5,933
They didn't make it to CanJam NY (but they are Left Coasters).
Be curious if they do come.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #4,028 of 5,933
They were at another groups meet not that long ago to show the wave frames and a few products.

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up at Canjam. Guess it depends if they feel like paying for a table.

Thanks for the information. It would give me some more confidence if they show up at one or more show. It seems like they have stopped to show up in their own forum again and I'm happy about any sign of life from LH Labs.

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #4,029 of 5,933

Thanks for the information. It would give me some more confidence if they show up at one or more show. It seems like they have stopped to show up in their own forum again and I'm happy about any sign of life from LH Labs.

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath to be honest. I've asked them about their presence at a few shows and it feels like they've de-prioritized this recently. If that's because they want to spend the time getting products finished and out the door then great. If they want to duck and cover, well, that's a different story. Cheers 

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #4,030 of 5,933
It does seem they've gone under ground...

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #4,031 of 5,933
Well, maybe Larry was reading this thread before his last update. He mentions that his dealers will be at various audio shows but doesn't say which ones. I wonder now if Larry will show up in person and talk to backers directly.

Does anyone here know about a show in Shanghai that will happen in the next months? I only found one in October and wonder if LHL will go there. Would be reassuring to see a Wave or Source at a show.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #4,033 of 5,933
It's good to know Larry is still alive ... and yet it's a limited comfort. Still no update on Vi. It is already designed and yet no word on production much less shipping.

It's getting harder and harder to find comfort anymore. I guess it's good to know he's still alive. Maybe we might actually get our stuff...... 

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #4,034 of 5,933
Larry made a bunch of posts!

http://lhlabs.com/forum/users/larryho/replies/

I'm no longer afraid I won't recieve the product (Wave DAD). Now I'm just afraid that it will take another year, and/or be awful.

BUT, no regrets!

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #4,035 of 5,933
All I see is empty words from Larry. While increasingly rare to hear from him, hearing measly words are no longer satisfying to me. No data. No concrete answers. No shipping. Just words. "We are waiting for parts" ... "we are working hard to..." ... "total amount shipped...not much" ..."update soon" ... "sorry".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back