Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 7, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #3,961 of 5,933
I believe I backed it too... :frowning2:

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #3,963 of 5,933

Thanks for digging up that information. When was the last mention of the station from LHL though? Anyone here backed it? I wonder how they want to connect the station to a Wave when it's inside the station. USB C works for that?

It is listed on their Marketplace and so in theory something that will eventually see the light of day:

Station X

I think Larry Ho did confirm at some point recently in IGG comments or elsewhere that the Station was still planned for eventual release, but no further details.

Miraculously I did not back the Station, but I sincerely hope those that did back it receive more information, and ultimate delivery sooner than later.

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #3,964 of 5,933
Yes can Confirm it is called Station X
I am down for one of those on my order page in marketplace.
So it does exist.
Happy anticipations
gs1000.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #3,966 of 5,933
I'm in the same boad (GW32 -> GW64), but nothing showed up at marketplace-lhlabs.com
So I opened up a ticket, and lo and behold!  Gina answered my ticket in less than 24hrs and entered my GW64 into marketplace-lhlabs.com

Standard (LH Labs) disclaimers apply...

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #3,967 of 5,933

Yes defo not there I've send them an email not that I expect much anything to come out of it.

I'm in for three, One Titanium DAD Signature and two GW64's with all the available options, except the IEM Package,  for (A) Single DAC board even though I got dual DAC's.  I guess there's no longer any value to the Stand Alone DAC and Upgrade to the 2QM DAC chip perks.  A credit, since they're no longer relevant, would have been nice.  If that were the case, I would have gotten the IEM Package.

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #3,968 of 5,933
Geek Station - one more thing that there is little evidence of progress on.
When I think about it, how is one engineer supposed to design amps, daps, dacs, stations, sources, etc.. Not to mention various versions of those and individual Signature versions too. And then there's other campaigns for Tesla speakers, house speakers, and what else? .... And then I remember that Larry apparently takes on purchasing (including international travel), assembly, warranty work, electrical and software testing, listening tests, and even marketing and customer service (for days/weeks/months at a time, here and there). Software too? I don't know. I just pray they don't run out of money. Years is a long time to pay yourself and others and still purchase all the parts needed. Add it all up and it's no wonder people are asking for a plan.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #3,970 of 5,933
My experiences with crowd funding are very similar, with one exception. I have had good luck with the 6-8 Kickstarter projects I have backed. All have delivered pretty much on time.

IGG is another matter. I will not find another IGG project, based on my experiences with my Geek Wave project. I to am skeptical about ever receiving my wave, but for the moment it does seem like LH labs is getting ready to deliver.

I do notice that most crowd funding projects now ask for on average about 2x the price for a product. I don't know whether it is greed, insurance, or what, but in the electronics world prices go down, so 2X prices are ridiculous...

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #3,971 of 5,933
My experiences with crowd funding are very similar, with one exception. I have had good luck with the 6-8 Kickstarter projects I have backed. All have delivered pretty much on time.

IGG is another matter. I will not find another IGG project, based on my experiences with my Geek Wave project. I to am skeptical about ever receiving my wave, but for the moment it does seem like LH labs is getting ready to deliver.

I do notice that most crowd funding projects now ask for on average about 2x the price for a product. I don't know whether it is greed, insurance, or what, but in the electronics world prices go down, so 2X prices are ridiculous...

I would agree though I'm soured on crowd funding in general, thats really too bad for the likes of Kickstarter who seem to have far fewer disaster stories as compared to IGG. 

Funny how with the Kickstarter terms of service with the Geek Out campaign went relatively smoothly, little or no delay on that one and by all accounts a nice product was delivered for a great price. Most everyone seemed happy.

Compare and contrast that with the greedy IGG train wrecks, where no one is happy with those ongoing LH Labs/IGG debacles (plural), and IGG is the common thread/enabler there, they suck.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #3,972 of 5,933
I've also had better luck with Kickstarter, but not worth it overall. I think KS has a more involved process to start a project so maybe that helps weed out campaigns and helps ensure that more of the posted campaigns "succeed".  For me on KS all products delivered sooner or later except one that refunded. But most delivered later than estimated and most products did not live up to their promises (examples: having B-stock appearance or did not work as intended).  Out of 9 projects I backed on KS and out of the 8 that delivered, five ended up delivering a product that was more or less worth the investment (not just my opinion but also based on much of the feedback for those products). So overall, KS has been more trustworthy. As of now I will never use Gogo again and would think it over long and hard before investing in another KS campaign (plus I don't follow KS anymore to reduce temptation and wastes of time).

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #3,973 of 5,933
I also concur that this is my first and last time dealing with both Indiegogo and LH Labs. I've backed a couple of games on Kickstarter which are still on their way, but I think I'll buy technology products from a store from now on.

Feb 9, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #3,974 of 5,933
Compare and contrast that with the greedy IGG train wrecks, where no one is happy with those ongoing LH Labs/IGG debacles (plural), and IGG is the common thread/enabler there, they suck.

I completely agree. But I am also torn. I really like the innovation that crowdgunfing brings .. In theory, if these projects delivered on time, they bring new stuff we are just not seeing from the Sony's and others.

With that said, IGG has turned off so many .. I really wish a state consumer protection agency would review their business practices. For now, till that happens, I vote with my wallet!

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #3,975 of 5,933
The previously premium perks now being handed out for free is a big slap in the face to every backer. LH Labs, in those instances, has literally just flat out taken money from people for no reason whatsoever and the right thing to do would be to hand out refunds for all of that stuff. Hell, I only backed a GW 64, but I'm still getting stiffed $20 on the chip upgrade. 

Of course, there's surely those who backed the bare minimum. Got a sweet deal on the bare bones 32 and begrudgingly upgraded to the 64 and I'm sure they'll just stay silent about this because they're the only ones actually getting great value out of all of this. It would not surprise me if the ~$400 I paid for my model ends up being significantly more than the retail list price (or at most the same as the list price). All that waiting for absolutely nothing as Geek Wave basically took people's money, did next to nothing for about a year, and ultimately will have used it to figure out what the retail models will be - selling for significantly less to the rest of the public. 

Biggest evil omen and mistake of the campaign was to try and deliver so many unique models and it's clear they're now giving up more and more and announcing fewer future models with practically every update where they say, "this perk is now free too!". There should have just been a big mega-daddy at the top for like $1500 without any extra aesthetic perks, maybe a middle one around $800 and something akin to the GW 64 at about $400. You can't tell me months and months of delays have not occurred simply because every time LH Labs thought about all of the different configurations that they probably just went into a stupor and decided to work on something else instead. 

And still nothing about the color schemes for the devices. They said we should get to choose our own color for the case, so why aren't we able to do that right now? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back