Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Dec 2, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #3,752 of 5,933

I just looked at their forum & noticed there are still people waiting for their Pulse units, and being completely ignored by LHL. Unbelievable.

It´s more "interesting" to read the comments on the IGG campaigns.....unbelievable...

Hi mate. Crikey, that is depressing reading. I couldn't help but add a comment myself, not that it makes any difference. Anyway, best of luck to backers of the Wave/Source/Vi/Blue/amp/pre-amp/blah/blah/blah. Those LH guys were sure good at taking money....

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #3,753 of 5,933
Guess Gavin's little rant didn't have much effect? Cheers 

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #3,754 of 5,933
  Ask and ye shall receive. Cheers 

***Note that this is still a prototype version***

Need to come back to the two power inputs.

On their market store it´s said:

"Unique Dual Power Design

Larry designed a complex power supply star system for the whole Geek Source board. From the beginning of power input, we have TWO separated 12V DC input sockets. One dedicated to audio related circuit, if you have Pulse LPS4 or LPS8, that is the place you should plug-in. It will use its Super Quiet Linear Power to power up the master audio clocks (Femto clocks), USB 3.0 output part, and digital clocks transmission IC.

The other socket provide the power for the rest, including CPU, WiFi, Hard drive, and our 5'' touch screen.

For your convenience, if you want to plug-in one power only. That is no problem. The main power socket will automatic power up the audio power socket if there is no audio power plug-in."

Honestly this two inputs are puzzling me.
If I have a GEEK LPS with its "Super Quiet Linear Power" and plug it in the "Main" input i would assume the same "Super Quiet Linear Power" would also be used for powering the Femtos etc.
So why the other dedicated "LPS" power input?

Or will the "Super Quiet Linear Power", on its way from the Main input to the Femtos etc.,  not be anymore a "Super Quiet Linear Power"? Will it be kind it been kind of degraded?

Maybe someone more technical experienced can elobarate it to me.

Thx in advance.

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #3,755 of 5,933

Hi mate. Crikey, that is depressing reading. I couldn't help but add a comment myself, not that it makes any difference. Anyway, best of luck to backers of the Wave/Source/Vi/Blue/amp/pre-amp/blah/blah/blah. Those LH guys were sure good at taking money....

You still can´t move on w/o LHL, Mark, right? Admit..you miss it? :wink:

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #3,756 of 5,933

You still can´t move on w/o LHL, Mark, right? Admit..you miss it? :wink:

lol you & me both mate :wink:

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #3,758 of 5,933

Need to come back to the two power inputs.

On their market store it´s said:

"Unique Dual Power Design

Larry designed a complex power supply star system for the whole Geek Source board. From the beginning of power input, we have TWO separated 12V DC input sockets. One dedicated to audio related circuit, if you have Pulse LPS4 or LPS8, that is the place you should plug-in. It will use its Super Quiet Linear Power to power up the master audio clocks (Femto clocks), USB 3.0 output part, and digital clocks transmission IC.

The other socket provide the power for the rest, including CPU, WiFi, Hard drive, and our 5'' touch screen.

For your convenience, if you want to plug-in one power only. That is no problem. The main power socket will automatic power up the audio power socket if there is no audio power plug-in."

Honestly this two inputs are puzzling me.
If I have a GEEK LPS with its "Super Quiet Linear Power" and plug it in the "Main" input i would assume the same "Super Quiet Linear Power" would also be used for powering the Femtos etc.
So why the other dedicated "LPS" power input?

Or will the "Super Quiet Linear Power", on its way from the Main input to the Femtos etc.,  not be anymore a "Super Quiet Linear Power"? Will it be kind it been kind of degraded?

Maybe someone more technical experienced can elobarate it to me.

Thx in advance.

I'd assume this was due to the need for more power/amperage to run the rest (non-audio portions) of the Source. The LPS and LPS4 max out at 1.2 amps and/or might need a different voltage. Just an educated guess however. Cheers 

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #3,759 of 5,933
  I'd assume this was due to the need for more power/amperage to run the rest (non-audio portions) of the Source. The LPS and LPS4 max out at 1.2 amps and/or might need a different voltage. Just an educated guess however. Cheers 

OK..different amperage might be the reason; shouldn´t be the voltage accordingly to the specs given on the IGG page (Two 12V inputs).

But yes..if the included power supply is something like 12V/3A than the Geek LPS won´t be able to be used alone via the MAIN input.

Let´s see...

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #3,761 of 5,933
The dual power supplies in the Source allow for one to power the whole unit (current requirements unknown) or one supply of your choice to power the computer side of the Source (hard drives, processor, Ethernet and USB inputs) and (preferably) an LPS to power the audio side of the Source (buffer, USB, I²S and S/PDIF outputs). The intent is to isolate the outputs from the computer noise.

J.P.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #3,762 of 5,933
*SIGH*
Why a frantic sending note to Wave campaigners to create a new log in in yet another enw LH Labs sales systems. It came from Gavin but I was given to understand that he had left LH Labs?????????????????????//
Now I created the login etc on their new webpage and looked for signs of my G02A supposed o be sent in November, Nary a sign.
Of course I didn't expect Wave to show up and it didn't
I did not dob myself in for Source.
So WHY was I asked to create a new account and reassure them yet again of my unchanged address although nothing is mailed to it.

I really don't understand how LH Labs thinks business wise. They lay false trails all over the internet it seems. I feel as if I back in a boarding school paper chase cross country run in a nihtmare fomr which I cannot wake up.

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #3,763 of 5,933
So mid Q1 2017 according to the new update.
I don't need it earlier. Just make it happen anytime first quarter 2017 and I'll be a happy camper.

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #3,764 of 5,933
So mid Q1 2017 according to the new update.
I don't need it earlier. Just make it happen anytime first quarter 2017 and I'll be a happy camper.

Yea.... but that's just an estimate for the first batch and there's how many configurations/batches now? As one batch finally starts shipping I imagine people from other campaigns will be screaming and LHL'S focus is bound to change again. Sorry, I just can't get my hopes up for anything LHL anymore.

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #3,765 of 5,933
Yea.... but that's just an estimate for the first batch and there's how many configurations/batches now? As one batch finally starts shipping I imagine people from other campaigns will be screaming and LHL'S focus is bound to change again. Sorry, I just can't get my hopes up for anything LHL anymore.

True. It'll probably take time to get them all out but if they finally keep to a schedule, that'll be a pretty significant change from past behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back