Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Nov 6, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #3,676 of 5,933
I hope they abandon this fire engine red. It looks HIDEOUS. And as for gold...well it looks cheap when its not real. So can we have plain black on unvarnished aluminium silver. Originally we paid for titamium or carbon fibre....hm are we supposed to forget and write that off. I certainly did not pay for fire engine red.
I also wonder what has happened to the charging station we paid for...it should match the chassis of the Wave and be the same colour surely they have to be designed as ONE unit.

Nov 6, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #3,677 of 5,933
I just got the GO2A Infinity, and it is the fire engine red colour. It looks nice in person, but has a problem, it makes white LEDs look red by reflection, and the DAC uses both white and red LEDs. A nice metallic black colour would have been a better plan.

After having a couple implementation problems, I'm pretty convinced that LH Labs doesn't do any beta testing worth talking about.

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #3,678 of 5,933
  I hope they abandon this fire engine red. It looks HIDEOUS. And as for gold...well it looks cheap when its not real. So can we have plain black on unvarnished aluminium silver. Originally we paid for titamium or carbon fibre....hm are we supposed to forget and write that off. I certainly did not pay for fire engine red.
I also wonder what has happened to the charging station we paid for...it should match the chassis of the Wave and be the same colour surely they have to be designed as ONE unit.

I'm guessing the CF and Ti options will be the back plate, as shown in the exploded version in the Wave update. Never thought the whole body would be CF or Ti, although see how some could have translated it that way. As for the red, not my cup-of-tea either. Would like the black or silver, although the gold might be okay also. Cheers 

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #3,679 of 5,933
Agree, but at least his last post set out a timeline for putting all the pieces together. Cheers

Yes, you are correct.  Larry sent out another timeline for the Wave in his latest update; based on this timeline, he should have a functioning prototype by the end of this month.  And this will be great for everyone who invested in this campaign.  But he did leave himself one more "out" when he mentioned potential R&D issues, so we'll just have to see...  I am hoping for the best for both LH labs and investors.

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #3,681 of 5,933
Yes, you are correct.  Larry sent out another timeline for the Wave in his latest update; based on this timeline, he should have a functioning prototype by the end of this month.  And this will be great for everyone who invested in this campaign.  But he did leave himself one more "out" when he mentioned potential R&D issues, so we'll just have to see...  I am hoping for the best for both LH labs and investors.

To be fair, from a non-engineering background, it feels like we're way past "potential R&D issues". Anything now is due to something being missed. To have a working prototype by month end. I would expect that they have loaded up the whole thing off the bare board by now. So unless there is some unforeseen issue when they actually place the components in the casing, i wouldn't even understand.

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #3,682 of 5,933
new leadership?

My bad. New guidance.

I'm not even saying that everything will be lollipops and rainbows in the end. Many here will continue to be salty after all this, and I don't blame them.

We'll see how it goes to see if things start working out better.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #3,683 of 5,933
A reliable and bug free Wave with great reviews will definetly help with their reputation- let's hope it all works out- Ive been happy with my Xfi but at this point with all the issues people had I can't recommend somebody to buy a pulse.

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #3,684 of 5,933
I would love for the Wave to be reliable. Bug free does not exist, particularly in the software world. We can hope that the existing bugs are small and that the worst of the bugs discovered by users after general release are squashed quickly. Unfortunately, LH Labs does not seem to have a particularly strong software department, so this may be an unfulfilled hope.

J.P.

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #3,685 of 5,933
I would love for the Wave to be reliable. Bug free does not exist, particularly in the software world. We can hope that the existing bugs are small and that the worst of the bugs discovered by users after general release are squashed quickly. Unfortunately, LH Labs does not seem to have a particularly strong software department, so this may be an unfulfilled hope.

J.P.

Have to agree with you JP. And I sure hope that the sins of the Pulse, with the issues of SW/HW compatibility varying by version, do not reappear with the Wave. Fingers crossed. Cheers 

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #3,687 of 5,933
I guess I'll add a few pictures of my own of said event. 

I spoke with the new..."guidance" and it seems like a step in the right direction. Larry seems focused and open to listening.
He asked me what I thought of the UI video. I told him my thoughts about intuitiveness compared to common cellphone UIs which he received well. 

The chassis is ******** strong. In the pictures it seems like a good squeeze in the middle would bend it. I squeezed the hell out of it with two hands. Lets just say that it's sturdy. I really like the rounding cuts/style on the side. I'm in for the 64 and feel like I'll be getting a better product than I had been anticipating this past year. 
Larry mentioned that I'd have the choice between that silver and the red color with the 64 chassis. Both look nice in person. Sure, a black would have been ideal, but I'd be happy with just about anything.

Listening to the GO2A gave me good insight into how the WAVE will perform. I'm actually pretty excited. 

Overall, I feel like they've finally got a leveled headed professional with real experience to provide guidance and keep Larry's brilliant mind on track. Hopefully, he takes that council and stays focused. It seems like that is happening. I'm now 99% sure that I'll be receiving a worthwhile product. 

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #3,688 of 5,933

I spoke with the new..."guidance" and it seems like a step in the right direction. Larry seems focused and open to listening.
He asked me what I thought of the UI video. I told him my thoughts about intuitiveness compared to common cellphone UIs which he received well. 

The chassis is ******** strong. In the pictures it seems like a good squeeze in the middle would bend it. I squeezed the hell out of it with two hands. Lets just say that it's sturdy. I really like the rounding cuts/style on the side. I'm in for the 64 and feel like I'll be getting a better product than I had been anticipating this past year. 
Larry mentioned that I'd have the choice between that silver and the red color with the 64 chassis. Both look nice in person. Sure, a black would have been ideal, but I'd be happy with just about anything.

Listening to the GO2A gave me good insight into how the WAVE will perform. I'm actually pretty excited. 

Overall, I feel like they've finally got a leveled headed professional with real experience to provide guidance and keep Larry's brilliant mind on track. Hopefully, he takes that council and stays focused. It seems like that is happening. I'm now 99% sure that I'll be receiving a worthwhile product. 

Promising, promising :wink:

Will you also test one of the prototypes, Kamakahah?

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #3,689 of 5,933

Promising, promising :wink:

Will you also test one of the prototypes, Kamakahah?

While I'd be game to test one, I'm positive that won't happen.

I also forgot to mention that Larry spoke about that back slot on the upper model chassis being for the perk plates, (IE carbon fiber, etc). 

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #3,690 of 5,933
"I feel like they've finally got a leveled headed professional with real experience to provide guidance"

Who might this individual be that's mentioned above?  If not a name they maybe some background?

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back