Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 10, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #2,986 of 5,933
I suppose I've been an "LH Labs supporter", in that I've not been kvetching/bellyaching here regularly, and try to stay positive. Am into them for as much or more than most (Wave, Vi DAC TUBE Special Edition/Ultimate (o rwhatever they called it), base for Wave, have already received Geek Out 1K and Geek Out Special Edition). Seems it doesn't really help bellyaching, did get into this as a risk. Do I wish I hadn't jumped in the way I did? You Betcha! For what I spent, I could have gotten really nice stuff that has come out since the campaigns, and have it to USE NOW! I just try to keep positive, and hope when the stuff comes, it sounds so good that it won't feel like it has been for naught.
My $0.02.
(forgot the Source, oops)

You certainly don't need to feel bad for being an LH Labs supporter...  We're all in this together and I still believe we will eventually get a Geek Wave of some sort.  Audio is our hobby, and I do find it frustrating that LH Labs has performed so badly (in my opinion) with production of the Geek Wave; but on the other side, audio is LH Labs BUSINESS, so any continued discontent from the general population with LH Labs will certainly affect their bottom line at some point.  Jeez, I was feeling bad about investing in a GW X128 with dual DACs and the X-IEMs, but after seeing your list of perked purchases, I must admit to feeling a little better...(just kidding!).   Sincerely, I do hope we all eventually receive all we have "perked" for and I can only hope that the quality is outstanding....I just wish that Larry and the Gang would cut the unrealistic, floridly deceptive BS, finish up the D#MN products, and deliver them to us...

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #2,988 of 5,933
There is no way LH Labs could win on this or any product. If we had the Wave in our hands by now we would start complaining how outdated it is. The wait has been long, but from what I can tell, the Wave is a better concept today than when it was first proposed. After reviewing my perks with LH Labs I didn't realize how much I had forked over. Ultimately, I have no one to blame, but myself. No one forced me (or anyone else for that matter) to buy the perks. Regardless of what was promised during the campaigns, it's clear there are no guarantees for any crowdfunded project. Much of what I see on Kickstarter/Indiegogo is recycled from something else and not original in any way. LH Labs was smart with the campaigning and enticing us to constantly upsize our perks, but I/we were the ones that pulled the trigger. I don't know what it's like to run my own business, but I'm sure there's a lot more going on in the background at LH Labs than I know. Either way, it looks like the Wave is slowly moving forward.

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #2,989 of 5,933
Can anyone please explain why it seems like Gavin and Larry belong to 2 different worlds? One says something, the other shows something else.

1 month ago
from Gavin: "The three PCB's you see in the video will shortly become one very densely populated PCB which will then be paired with the battery and amp/DAC of Geek Out V2+. That EP3 will be printed and assembled in just a couple more weeks. At the same time, we're expecting the next EP chassis to arrive any day. We'll show you that chassis shortly after we get it."

7 days ago
from Larry (the update with tables he posted which got deleted by indiegogo):

"Chassis Design EP3 ---> Designing"
"Designing PCB EP3 ---> Designing"

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #2,990 of 5,933
Maybe it's their version of the "good cop/bad cop" routine. My advice: don't pay any attention to what Gavin says - he's not building anything.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #2,993 of 5,933
LHL just made a a new level of unbearable and unacceptable business conduct.

Just take a look at the Geek Pulse thread - LHL have now increased Shipping costs for the Pulse Blue by another 20 USD because they (themselves) had chosen to increase the chassis size which made shipping more expensive they say  and sent out invoices to the backers.
F...ing unbelivable!

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #2,994 of 5,933

Just take a look at the Geek Pulse thread - LHL have now increased Shipping costs for the Pulse Blue by another 20 USD because they (themselves) had chosen to increase the chassis size which made shipping more expensive they say  and sent out invoices to the backers.
F...ing unbelivable!

I'm surprised that's all they demanded...did they ever mention the size and weight measurements at the beginning of the campaign?

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #2,995 of 5,933

F...ing unbelivable!
I'm not surprised...

They tried to do the same thing with the infinity.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,997 of 5,933

I paid $60 extra for my Infinity to ship. That was 6 months ago and it still hasn't shipped. So sick of this company. 

Many of us are. It's just moving way too slowly to give them any kind of pass. I don't even want their damn "product" anymore.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #2,998 of 5,933
I know that they officially do not offer refunds, but after such a long time and looking at the way they act, is there any way for backers to get their money? Can at least the backers that are based in the US have some legal action against them and get their money back? I have to admit that I am also getting sick and tired of them. I backed an expensive Wave a long time ago. For the money I've spent I could now get a decent DAP that does pretty much the same as the Wave that was announced. I am not in the US so my options are very limited. Really regret giving LH Labs so much money and believing their announcements and promises :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back