Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 8, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #2,956 of 5,933
I wonder how many wrong products people will receive after all the upgrades and whatnots.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #2,957 of 5,933
  I still use my old AK100 (the very first one) and it still works.

I also funded the Echobox Explorer Dap plus X1 Finder IEMs on Indiegogo (in November 2015) - and guess what?
I received my X1 Finder shortly after Christmas - and they sound great. I do wonder if LHL can provide a balanced Geek IEM that performs anywhere close to the X1 (and the X1 was 79 USD on IGG and is 199 USD MSRP)

Echobox explained that they would deliver the Explorer in April / May 2016 and that the explorer was  STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT !
It will be very funny to see that I will very probably receive my Explorer before the Wave even though I funded the Wave in 07/2014 !! 
THEN I will have every reason to kick the Wave out - maybe with out even listening to it.

+1 , exact same situation - Wave will just be on the sale ads when it arrives especially if it comes after the Explorer, which is more than likely to be the case.

Feb 8, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #2,958 of 5,933
Sounds appealing, but already have a Pono and a DX90, covered in the "reasonable" DAP department, interested to hear the assault on the state of the art Wave (whenever that'll be...)

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,959 of 5,933
:confused_face(1):

Do you already have a DAP?

Yes I do. I got a DX 50 and rockboxed it for what i thought woukd be a short term stopgap ...a

But not a fully balanced, dual mono, DSD capable DAP that is specifically designed for pairing with IEMs and with a custom designed OS for an introductory price of $309 (shipping to US or Canada included), and which has real chassis, real circuit boards, and already about to actually go on sale in China.

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #2,960 of 5,933
My Pono is holding me, also balanced, handles high resolution files well, and can be had for as low as $249 on sale (Frys).

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #2,962 of 5,933
I hope the perks we purchased like dual dacs and femto clocks really up the ante on the Sabre sound. V2+ was just ok for me. I guess I'm not much of a Sabre fan. I slightly prefer the herus by memory. Don't get me wrong, V2+ was good, but like I said, just not a Sabre fan.

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #2,963 of 5,933
Yes I do. I got a DX 50 and rockboxed it for what i thought woukd be a short term stopgap ...a

But not a fully balanced, dual mono, DSD capable DAP that is specifically designed for pairing with IEMs and with a custom designed OS for an introductory price of $309 (shipping to US or Canada included), and which has real chassis, real circuit boards, and already about to actually go on sale in China.

So what DAP are you referring to?  Please tell us...

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #2,965 of 5,933
I hope the perks we purchased like dual dacs and femto clocks really up the ante on the Sabre sound. V2+ was just ok for me. I guess I'm not much of a Sabre fan. I slightly prefer the herus by memory. Don't get me wrong, V2+ was good, but like I said, just not a Sabre fan.

I got the Geek Out Special Edition, which is a souped up GO 1K, with better components and the femto clock. It was quite an improvement over the stock 1k-haven't used the 1k since, has been my main source (into an external amp) for my PC system. I do believe the femto clock will make a big difference.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #2,966 of 5,933
The Luxury and Precision L3 which is currently on Indiegogo. There is a head fi thread on this as well.

This is the DAP I thought you were probably referring to.  Someone mentioned this DAP on the Geek Wave Indiegogo comments page several days ago, but that post now seems to be gone.  In any event, Larry did reply indirectly to that posted comment, and he appears to imply that the L3 will not be able to match the eventual Geek Wave; I know you must be surprised by this fact...  But here is Larry's comment:  "This L3 core DAC support 192K/24 bit only. And many other specs are kind of not catching. But anyway, we always love to see more people join the space."  Looks like the eventual MSRP for the L3 will be US $399, but there are still some available for US $299 on the Indiegogo site.... and their anticipated delivery date is April 2016 (if all goes to plan)...

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #2,967 of 5,933
for $250 (on sale) I'd go Pono (I did, in fact...)

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #2,968 of 5,933
If the rate the are shipping the Pulse is any indicator I've lost all faith in getting my Wave this year. Maybe my disappointment is clouding my thinking but I wouldn't be surprised if i'm still not waiting by this time next year. 
frown.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #2,969 of 5,933
  This is the DAP I thought you were probably referring to.  Someone mentioned this DAP on the Geek Wave Indiegogo comments page several days ago, but that post now seems to be gone.  In any event, Larry did reply indirectly to that posted comment, and he appears to imply that the L3 will not be able to match the eventual Geek Wave; I know you must be surprised by this fact...  But here is Larry's comment:  "This L3 core DAC support 192K/24 bit only. And many other specs are kind of not catching. But anyway, we always love to see more people join the space."  Looks like the eventual MSRP for the L3 will be US $399, but there are still some available for US $299 on the Indiegogo site.... and their anticipated delivery date is April 2016 (if all goes to plan)...

I think the one advantage the L3 will have is reliability. I don't like what I'm reading in the Pulse thread - very finicky/buggy/lots of returns.

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,970 of 5,933
This is the DAP I thought you were probably referring to.  Someone mentioned this DAP on the Geek Wave Indiegogo comments page several days ago, but that post now seems to be gone.  In any event, Larry did reply indirectly to that posted comment, and he appears to imply that the L3 will not be able to match the eventual Geek Wave; I know you must be surprised by this fact...  But here is Larry's comment:  "[COLOR=2A2A2A]This L3 core DAC support 192K/24 bit only. And many other specs are kind of not catching. But anyway, we always love to see more people join the space."  Looks like the eventual MSRP for the L3 will be US $399, but there are still some available for US $299 on the Indiegogo site.... and their anticipated delivery date is April 2016 (if all goes to plan)...[/COLOR]

Yes, I said delivery date of April and mentioned the name of the DAP a few posts further up in the original post that Axel was replying to.

Given both are supposed to deliver in April, I said I was back the L3 and let the L3 and the Wave race each other.

Based on Larry's post I think the L3 will win handily.

Larry can say whatever he wants about the DAP, but nothing beats having actual product in hand and implementation is key. I dont believe i own a single thing over 192khz by the way, which IMO is already way overkill, and even then only 1 or 2 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back