Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jul 31, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #2,341 of 5,933
I'm a believer in the Femto clock, Larry does great with gear built around this from what I gather. Just a question of figuring out the details of implementing in this environment (for the versions that have it, of course).

Exactly. The recent note about incorporating a clock "heater" is very interesting. I leave my Infinity on 24/7 for that reason but that wouldn't work too well for a portable. Cheers

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #2,342 of 5,933
After reading about Femto clocks I want the XF version. Definitely out of my budget though :/

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #2,343 of 5,933
Yeah, the Femto Time Mode digital filter sounds awesome on the Pulse X Infinity. I don't think I need that kind of sound quality if I'm going to use this out and about in the city/bus/airplane though, hence why I just opted for Wave 64+stand alone DAC+dual DACs+AQ2M DAC chip+IEM upgrade+free WiFi and Bluetooth upgrades.

My ears tend to pick up background hiss of many amplifiers, so I got the IEM upgrade for that.

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,344 of 5,933
Sure, depends how you use it. I use my Pono more at home in bed than I do anywhere else (I do use it outdoors as well), SQ definitely an issue for me in those situations. Be an interesting engineering fix, as they need to be powered all the time, as Larry noted in his update.

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #2,345 of 5,933
Sure, depends how you use it. I use my Pono more at home in bed than I do anywhere else (I do use it outdoors as well), SQ definitely an issue for me in those situations. Be an interesting engineering fix, as they need to be powered all the time, as Larry noted in his update.

I use my DX50 in bed most of the time as well. That's why I'm interested in something with better sound quality.

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #2,346 of 5,933
  I use my DX50 in bed most of the time as well. That's why I'm interested in something with better sound quality.

Try the Pono, after I got mine I sold the DX50.

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #2,347 of 5,933
1+, I have a DX90, which I never use since I got the Pono. Of course, ymmv (some do like the DX90, and it does digital out with a cable included, but which I lost)

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #2,348 of 5,933
I would like to say Light Harmonics & Geek Wave is the biggest scam I have ever seen.
I payed $130 a year & a half to two years ago, and have never received anything except a stream of complex and grandiose emails pleading for more money.

ie:

Greetings!

The Customer Happiness Team at LH Labs knows you have been anxiously awaiting delivery of the Wave unit. You know what? That time is approaching very fast. We have gotten word from our flash NVRAM vendor that they will not deliver the 8GB modules we need to make a Wave 32 model. The fact of the matter is we are trying to compete against major players like Apple and Samsung for these parts and it has put us in a tight spot. On the bright side, we are glad we found this out sooner rather than later so we can begin to prepare and make the needed changes. Our vendor simply cannot offer us these parts in such a small quantity.

What this means for you is an upgrade to a Wave 64! Now how much is this gonna cost me, you ask? Well, nothing but the extra cost in hardware which is $99. Larry has given us the green light to offer all Wave 32 backers an upgrade to the Wave 64 at no mark up. This means, we make no money off of your upgrade, this is solely what additional it would cost us to make your unit. It’s a sweet deal for you. :)

As a bonus, since we do need you to upgrade to a Wave 64 and I’m sure you weren’t expecting this news, the Customer Happiness Team is offering the “Jitter-Free WiFi” and “Bluetooth” option for FREE! As a show of our appreciation for your continued support. We do know that many of you have also purchased other upgrades to your Wave 32 units, and we would like to let you know that it is all being transferred to your new Wave 64 units. Again, we would like to thank you for taking part in this crowd-designed/funded product through all our ups and downs. We look forward to delivering your upgraded Wave 64!

Please go to our LH Labs Support site at: http://support.lhlabs.com/ so that we can process this upgrade for you and confirm your order.

support@lhlabs.freshdesk.com

Jul 29 (5 days ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

I posted many times at their forum. I would receive reassurance, but never any product. Sometimes my posts would be removed.
AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!
DON'T BE DUPED INTO THROWING GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD!..

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #2,349 of 5,933
  I would like to say Light Harmonics & Geek Wave is the biggest scam I have ever seen.
I payed $130 a year & a half to two years ago, and have never received anything except a stream of complex and grandiose emails pleading for more money.

ie:

Greetings!

The Customer Happiness Team at LH Labs knows you have been anxiously awaiting delivery of the Wave unit. You know what? That time is approaching very fast. We have gotten word from our flash NVRAM vendor that they will not deliver the 8GB modules we need to make a Wave 32 model. The fact of the matter is we are trying to compete against major players like Apple and Samsung for these parts and it has put us in a tight spot. On the bright side, we are glad we found this out sooner rather than later so we can begin to prepare and make the needed changes. Our vendor simply cannot offer us these parts in such a small quantity.

What this means for you is an upgrade to a Wave 64! Now how much is this gonna cost me, you ask? Well, nothing but the extra cost in hardware which is $99. Larry has given us the green light to offer all Wave 32 backers an upgrade to the Wave 64 at no mark up. This means, we make no money off of your upgrade, this is solely what additional it would cost us to make your unit. It’s a sweet deal for you. :)

As a bonus, since we do need you to upgrade to a Wave 64 and I’m sure you weren’t expecting this news, the Customer Happiness Team is offering the “Jitter-Free WiFi” and “Bluetooth” option for FREE! As a show of our appreciation for your continued support. We do know that many of you have also purchased other upgrades to your Wave 32 units, and we would like to let you know that it is all being transferred to your new Wave 64 units. Again, we would like to thank you for taking part in this crowd-designed/funded product through all our ups and downs. We look forward to delivering your upgraded Wave 64!

Please go to our LH Labs Support site at: http://support.lhlabs.com/ so that we can process this upgrade for you and confirm your order.

support@lhlabs.freshdesk.com

Jul 29 (5 days ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

I posted many times at their forum. I would receive reassurance, but never any product. Sometimes my posts would be removed.
AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!
DON'T BE DUPED INTO THROWING GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD!..

Hi rus1234,

I invite you to open a ticket with our Customer Support team for more information on the status of Wave and your options available with it, by visiting https://support.lhlabs.com/support/tickets/new

Best regards,

Casey

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #2,350 of 5,933
Whatever...

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, the Geek Wave (from the campaign that started about 16 months ago - not even a year and a half) has not shipped yet.

Have you completed the backer survey that they had back in April? Have you submitted a support ticket to find out what is happening with whatever version you backed? Do you just prefer making lots of noise?

J.P.

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #2,351 of 5,933
As I've said a number of times, you go for crowd funding, you pays yer money (hopefully a bargain), you takes yer chances. Many of us got caught up in the frenzy (my/our own fault), now just staying patient, hoping for great sounding gear (and, with limited exceptions, seems most DO think the stuff they have gotten from LH Labs is great sounding).

Aug 4, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #2,353 of 5,933
  Behind the scenes I think that LH is going to use these criticisms as motivation to release an upper level DAP to the masses in Q4 of this year that will shut everybody up
wink.gif
 (Yes, I'm another hopeful backer). 

That'd be nice.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #2,354 of 5,933
For all you backers, good luck!!

For myself, I asked for refund of my Wave 32.  Gina was very nice responding.  After a couple of hurdles, I got the money back in my paypal.

Hope to see a nice review of the Wave in the future.

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #2,355 of 5,933
New Update!!!

"Hi backers!

Today was a day chock full of meetings specifically surrounding Wave. Diana has been overseas meeting with some of our vendors, including a few of the machine shops that we work with. She's extremely jet-lagged, but still came in to the office to brain-dump all of the information she gathered and deals she landed.

She brought back with her some of the prototype pieces that make up Wave's chassis. Because there's been some confusion as to whether or not we're going to make Wave's chassis on the 3D printer, I thought it would be a good idea to show you the direction we're going.

Before I show it to you, though, I think I should emphasize that at LH Labs, form follows function. So Larry's team has been working on the circuit without worry much about what the chassis shape will be. It's only now that it's time to marry both the EE and ME sides of things.

y2snavxdixa5cw9qqqaa.jpg

A metal ring makes up the outside of Wave's shell. We haven't decided on which color we're going to go with, and will likely leave that up to our design team. I should also note that this shape is in no way final. It's still a prototype.

The black pieces you see are molded from a high strength plastic polymer. These aren't all the internal pieces that make up Wave, just some of them. These plastic pieces hold PCB's, are buttons, or are brackets for other components such as the battery or screen. The two assembled chassis in the background are examples of finishes that we're considering for Wave's back plate. One has a beautiful textured rubber finish, the other has a supple leather treatment. We have LOTS of other options, too-- we remember you Signature Edition backers! :)

Anyway, hopefully that gives you a good idea about our direction for Wave's chassis. Please use the community on our website or the comments section to continue the conversation.

Take care,

Gavin"

This is another good one imo - I think the chassis design is heading in the right direction. Thank goodness they will not be 3D printing the case! I feel like high-fiving someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back