Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 24, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #3,076 of 5,933
  I still don't have my lighspeed 2G which was supposed to come free with the Infinity.

Got the Infinity v1.0 though ...

Also does anyone know if the new DSD256 firmware works with the Infinity v1.0?

DSD256 works with Infinity Pulse. 

2G cables are ready for quite a while. We should send you a 2G cable. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #3,077 of 5,933
@Larry Ho can we hear directly from you when is the realistic shipping date for the first batch of Geek Waves? I appreciate all the in depth explanations and all but we've already had plenty of that in the past which suggested that the repeated promised date was a possibility, only to be proven wrong on each occasion.

So skipping all of that can we have a decently accurate estimate? Most of us are likely desensitized to the wait time so we'd just appreciate some measure of certainty.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #3,079 of 5,933
Sounds to me like a mid to late summer initial roll out, providing no more set backs.

Clearly you're an optimist. I doubt it will be ready before Q4. Plus, they have to send out those beta units that they sold to backers.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #3,081 of 5,933
Not really an optimist. Just taking the update at face value. The initial roll out is the beta units in my mind. So yeah, maybe in yours and my hands by fall.
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope that's the case, but they've haven't even provided a new timetable yet, quite possibly because they themselves don't know. I still think it will be '17.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #3,082 of 5,933
They have barely acknowledged their own shortcomings, which suggests they are in denial about how they do business from the customer's perspective - they have no inkling about the frustration we feel. And how about that case? Gavin blathered on and on about it, talking big about using that undisciplined purchase of a 3D printer (an absolutely foolish post-campaign bankroll purchase) and others subsequent to it, but it was all BS as far as I'm concerned. There is still no case to speak of. Audioengine best keep his yap on a short leash lest he sully their rep due to his penchant for overpromising. I won't buy anything from them, even used, out of principle as long as he's drawing a paycheck from them.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #3,083 of 5,933
  They have barely acknowledged their own shortcomings, which suggests they are in denial about how they do business from the customer's perspective - they have no inkling about the frustration we feel. And how about that case? Gavin blathered on and on about it, talking big about using that undisciplined purchase of a 3D printer (an absolutely foolish post-campaign bankroll purchase) and others subsequent to it, but it was all BS as far as I'm concerned. There is still no case to speak of. Audioengine best keep his yap on a short leash lest he sully their rep due to his penchant for overpromising. I won't buy anything from them, even used, out of principle as long as he's drawing a paycheck from them.

Yeah I have to say that I've lost respect for Audioengine (though I've never purchased any of their products) for bringing Gavin onboard after this debacle of an LHL campaign he left us backers in. I hope their customers fair better than us.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #3,084 of 5,933
To add to the complaints, remember the surveys? I lost track of the "surveys" that I have completed in the last year or two for various products that I have yet to receive. I've seen other campaigns send surveys apparently so they can deny refunds because the survey marks the moment they are "ready to ship"  which is just a loophole that actually means "ready to (finally) ship the first prototype some day soon - hopefully, tentatively, unless we forgot to design something or lost our manufacturer or have to wait for another Chinese New Year to pass". 

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #3,085 of 5,933
To add to the complaints, remember the surveys? I lost track of the "surveys" that I have completed in the last year or two for various products that I have yet to receive. I've seen other campaigns send surveys apparently so they can deny refunds because the survey marks the moment they are "ready to ship"  which is just a loophole that actually means "ready to (finally) ship the first prototype some day soon - hopefully, tentatively, unless we forgot to design something or lost our manufacturer or have to wait for another Chinese New Year to pass". 

Yeah, I remember well. The "deadline" that forced me into upgrading for fear of never getting a wave 32. Then two weeks later they offer that same upgrade cheaper than what I paid.

They just keep taking and taking. That is the incident that made me forget the wave and put on the mindset of a simple $450 investment loss. It's been easier to reconcile in my mind. Had I not read an email the other day with an update, I would have continued forgetting that this thing even exists.

I'll try to keep forgetting until it shows up at my door in 2018.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #3,087 of 5,933
Well, while we are counting up reneged offers...

During the Wave campaign Gavin put up a perk for a Geek Out plus invite to a fancy "Super Secret Release Party" in SF.  I didn't really need the GO, but pledged because the price was about the same as a night out in the city with good food and drinks.

As the date comes up....nothing, no communication of any kind.  Just a few nights before I asked about it in the IGG comment,  Gavin simply replies something like, "oh yeah, we postponed that...."  And of course nothing happened after that.

So, now that I think about it....this is a pretty clear case of IGG non-delivery/fraud.  Maybe I can use that as a springboard to get my Wave refunded too.  In his campaign fever, Gavin was clearly willing to make up anything that sounded good to bring more money into the campaign.  At least in the instance cited above, there is no doubt an ethics line was crossed. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #3,088 of 5,933
I've been following this for quite sometime. I'm just curious, how can any of you get a refund from indie gogo or LH? Indie must have released the money to LH, I'd assume very close to the end of the pledge period. They don't guarantee anything do they? If not, how do you guys get refunds? If LH shuts it's doors, goes bankrupt, transfers or sells assets to another entity or person, where does that leave the investors?

I've never done one of these campaigns but these seem like headaches from what little I know.

I feel terrible for all of you waiting for so damn long, it's obscene. I really hope it works out.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #3,089 of 5,933
I've also been watching for a long, long time. Without breaking hopeful bubbles I honestly feel nothing is ever coming, never.

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #3,090 of 5,933
From my limited understanding as a backer of this campaign, it's pretty much impossible to get a refund. It was ruled out by LH Labs and I only saw and heard of limited cases where the money was given back. Maybe too many people would want their money back if they would have the option now, which would be bad for LH Lab's existence. Not sure if any legal option is available (I'm not a lawyer). So, all we can do is wait and hope that we get a decent product in the end.

Just to add: I participated in many nice campaigns and received great products, including a very nice headphone amp. LH Labs is an example of a horrible campaign but there are still decent ones out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back