Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #1,486 of 2,322

Me!  That is a great headphone.

Hi Larry,

I was considering getting the Alpha Prime with balanced connection for my Geek Pulse XFi as an end-game setup. What are your thoughts on this combo? I was considering the Hifiman HE560 but I am expecting the Primes to sound better. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #1,487 of 2,322

Hi Larry,

I was considering getting the Alpha Prime with balanced connection for my Geek Pulse XFi as an end-game setup. What are your thoughts on this combo? I was considering the Hifiman HE560 but I am expecting the Primes to sound better. 

how about a balanced output GeekOut100 for iem ????

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,488 of 2,322
An RSA Kobiconn type connector on a Go1000 balanced option would be great.

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #1,489 of 2,322

how about a balanced output GeekOut100 for iem ????

I already have my Neutrik 4 pin XLR to Kobiconn ALO/RSA converter at home waiting for the Geek Pulse X Fi.  :)  

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #1,490 of 2,322
I
I was checking this thread, to see if anyone has received any version of the Pulse yet, and if there are any impressions if someone did. Here's my issue (if it sounds confused, that's about right smily_headphones1.gif )
I was in for the Pulse when it first was offered, and went for all the upgrades, Xfi, LPS4. Then the Tube was offered, and I jumped again (someone once said "look before you leap", but the offers were for such small #s of units initially, and went so quickly, seemed appealing, and I went for it). Now, it really is more of a rack/stereo unit. What I started out looking for was something for my harder to drive headphones (specifically, the Hifiman 560 and the Senn 650), to use with my computer in my guest room, so after the upgrade, I was back to not having such a unit. Now, the same Geek gear is more expensive (about $2000 to buy the same system I had ordered initially). (to make matters more complicated, I have the GO 1K and the GO Special Edition; when I balked on buying another Pulse Xfi/LPS4, I got a Massdrop Centrance M8 XL4. which has gotten some stellar reviews (Massdrop can take a while, like Light Harmonic, until you actually get a unit). (I also have the Ray Samuels HR-2 amp hanging around)
So, being the lunatic that I am, I'm still lusting after the Pulse. After all, until the amp, there wasn't an offer they made I didn't go for, all sounded great.
So, what does this have to do with the price of tubes? Well, I didn't know if anyone actually has heard the Pulse, and had impressions. I was also curious about if anyone had comparison listening to the Pulse, Pulse X, and Pulse XFi (maybe, though it goes against my nature, the basic Pulse might be enough for my needs). I'm guessing no one knows about the higher Pulses yet, but if anyone did, I was interested in the comparison.
To make life even more interesting (or confuslng), there is now the option, if one wishes, to cancel the Soul, and get the Pulse Xfi, LPS4, and the Tube buffer instead, another crazy making option.
So, there's my tale of woe (talk about 1st world problems...), it is so convoluted, I wouldn't be surprised if no one has anything to say about it, but I'd be interested in feedback/opinions (aside from see a good therapist) anyone has on the matter.
Thanks

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #1,491 of 2,322
I
I was checking this thread, to see if anyone has received any version of the Pulse yet, and if there are any impressions if someone did. Here's my issue (if it sounds confused, that's about right smily_headphones1.gif )
I was in for the Pulse when it first was offered, and went for all the upgrades, Xfi, LPS4. Then the Tube was offered, and I jumped again (someone once said "look before you leap", but the offers were for such small #s of units initially, and went so quickly, seemed appealing, and I went for it). Now, it really is more of a rack/stereo unit. What I started out looking for was something for my harder to drive headphones (specifically, the Hifiman 560 and the Senn 650), to use with my computer in my guest room, so after the upgrade, I was back to not having such a unit. Now, the same Geek gear is more expensive (about $2000 to buy the same system I had ordered initially). (to make matters more complicated, I have the GO 1K and the GO Special Edition; when I balked on buying another Pulse Xfi/LPS4, I got a Massdrop Centrance M8 XL4. which has gotten some stellar reviews (Massdrop can take a while, like Light Harmonic, until you actually get a unit). (I also have the Ray Samuels HR-2 amp hanging around)
So, being the lunatic that I am, I'm still lusting after the Pulse. After all, until the amp, there wasn't an offer they made I didn't go for, all sounded great.
So, what does this have to do with the price of tubes? Well, I didn't know if anyone actually has heard the Pulse, and had impressions. I was also curious about if anyone had comparison listening to the Pulse, Pulse X, and Pulse XFi (maybe, though it goes against my nature, the basic Pulse might be enough for my needs). I'm guessing no one knows about the higher Pulses yet, but if anyone did, I was interested in the comparison.
To make life even more interesting (or confuslng), there is now the option, if one wishes, to cancel the Soul, and get the Pulse Xfi, LPS4, and the Tube buffer instead, another crazy making option.
So, there's my tale of woe (talk about 1st world problems...), it is so convoluted, I wouldn't be surprised if no one has anything to say about it, but I'd be interested in feedback/opinions (aside from see a good therapist) anyone has on the matter.
Thanks

Perhaps you could give us a brief comparison between the GO1K and GO SE.  :)

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #1,492 of 2,322
Ok. Really late here, though, should have been asleep a long time ago. I'll pull them out and compare next say or 2.

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #1,493 of 2,322
Looking forward to it! :)

Dec 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #1,494 of 2,322
I
Thanks

http://headphone.guru/geek-pulse/

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #1,495 of 2,322

Read that the day it came out. It's like the only review of the Geek Pulse in existence it seems. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #1,496 of 2,322
Just got the first of mine and a stack of lightspeed cables. I will be taking pics tonight and putting it through it's paces with the LPS.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #1,497 of 2,322

Read that the day it came out. It's like the only review of the Geek Pulse in existence it seems. 

That's because I was the only one with a unit in the wild until now. The Pulse and the Pulse X are just being shipped. The Xfi that I had was serial number 2 and came straight from RMAF. They had #001 and #002 there for listening.

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #1,498 of 2,322
Same here, read that one when it was posted on the Indiegogo page, but those of us who might be on the fence on how high to go in the chain (Pulse, Pulse X, Pulse XFi, the various souls), there just isn't any information/comparison on them.

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #1,499 of 2,322
Same here, read that one when it was posted on the Indiegogo page, but those of us who might be on the fence on how high to go in the chain (Pulse, Pulse X, Pulse XFi, the various souls), there just isn't any information/comparison on them.

I doubt there'll be any comparisons since only the regular Pulse is being shipped. The X and X fi is after the campaign ends, so it's a leap of faith :p

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #1,500 of 2,322
Dear All,

I'm looking for a simple USB powered amp to power my UE10Pros, main purpose is just to eliminate the hiss heard on my laptops audio jack.

Could you advise which model is most appropriate for IEMs? I will look out for the recommended model in the for sale threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back