Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #226 of 2,322
Dear MikeyFresh,

Thanks for the explanation. For a layman like me, I think I know what you are saying. All I know is that though it is now half an hour to midnight here in Singapore, I am now for the first time seeing the blue DSD light on the GO1000 which I received just two days ago. It switches faultlessly with FLAC songs too.

Once again, my sincere thanks.

George

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #229 of 2,322
That's really great, I'm glad to assist.

I LOVE the global aspect of this forum, on Saturday morning in New York I have helped you enjoy the last half hour of Saturday evening in Singapore.

That's what it's all about, those Koch and Loesch pieces can wait for another time, or maybe never.

Sometimes the inter web (!) is worth it, over and above some of the trolls and people giving their ONE cents worth.

So the two remaining issues with the GO1000 are:
1. Heat - good for people in NY I suppose
2. The way the volume jumps up everytime I use the Audirvana+ volume to turn down then go back up. So I leave the A+ at max and adjust using the very hot GO1000 volume buttons.

Anyway these are minor problems now that I've got the DSD input right thanks to you.

And it is now Sunday morning officially here and I'm rocking to Deep Purple.

Thanks again.

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #230 of 2,322
Weird, I didn't have any sticker on the back of silver geek out 1000 when I received it yesterday.

Does that mean I received another version of geek out instead?

Is your serial number etched onto the case? Also, is it human readable.

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #233 of 2,322
I am in for Wave iPhone. Feature set appears to easily favor the Wave, and based on early Geek Out reports audio quality (and amp power) should out perform micro streamer.

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #235 of 2,322
yeah, i kind of don't wanna wait until november (and that would be at the earliest) for the geek wave. but it seems like a great product and i was thinking of getting an ibasso dx90 for portable purposes and that's $420... and the geek wave seems like such a great idea. battery, 256 gigs of storage, dac/amp. really a killer idea.

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #236 of 2,322
is anyone here gonna back the geek wave over on indiegogo? i'm kinda tempted to just keep my hrt microstreamer and back the geek wave instead... i guess i could swing both possibly.

That thing looks sweet but the fiio e18 is less than half the early bird price...

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #237 of 2,322
That thing looks sweet but the fiio e18 is less than half the early bird price...

you realize they're on completely different levels, right? the fiio e18 isn't an external battery for your phone and it also doesn't have 256 gigs of storage... not to mention the dac/amp section on the wave is clearly going to be better.

EDIT:

my bad, didn't realize you could use the e18 as an external battery as well. but it's still a whole lot better from what i can see.

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #238 of 2,322
you realize they're on completely different levels, right? the fiio e18 isn't an external battery for your phone and it also doesn't have 256 gigs of storage... not to mention the dac/amp section on the wave is clearly going to be better.

EDIT:

my bad, didn't realize you could use the e18 as an external battery as well. but it's still a whole lot better from what i can see.

All I see on the indiegogo page is a lot of marketing talk so its hard for me to tell if its on another level. The e18 is the most obvious competition and its not on the comparison chart, which makes me wary.

Anyhow, not the thread for this discussion. I'm excited to hear more about the GO since that will be a better indication on how the other products will fare.

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #240 of 2,322
anyone get any NON go1000's ?  the 450's or 720's yet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back