License test on wednesday
Sep 26, 2005 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

mmmmcheese

500+ Head-Fier
I will be taking my driver's license test wednesday after school. You guys got any tips for me?
icon10.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmmcheese
I will be taking my diver's license test wednesday after school. You guys got any tips for me?
icon10.gif

do whatever they tell you to do, and you can even throw in a "yes sir" or "yes ma'am" to help lower the animosity and tension hehe.

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

I will be taking my diver's license test wednesday after school. You guys got any tips for me?
icon10.gif

Sorry; is that diving as in SCUBA, or driving?

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 34
Follow the speed limit (D'uh) and make sure that if you ata stop sign to make a true complete stop and not a pause, check your mirrors, etc...

EDIT: Yeah is that a divers test or a drivers test?

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #7 of 34
Just checking, as I know a few people who actually are taking a diver's test
biggrin.gif

But yeah... make sure you follow all laws. Don't speed, even if everyone else is. As my instructor told me, "1/2 the laws you'll only follow for the duration of this test. It's best to follow traffic in every other case."

Oh, watch out for tailgating. That's something I still do, without even thinking about it. They'll ding you for it.

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #8 of 34
practice parallel parking, as it is something fairly common, and probably the most difficult thing in driving. I know if I had been asked to parallel park I would have failed my test.
plainface.gif

Other then that, don't overthink/stress out too much. The guy who was taking the test with me forgot to put his car in drive after reversing during a 3 point turn.
confused.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
practice parallel parking, as it is something fairly common, and probably the most difficult thing in driving. I know if I had been asked to parallel park I would have failed my test.
plainface.gif

Oh yeah, forgot that. I had to parallel park between some cones for my test, but I didn't really get good at it until we moved to NC. Parking in downtown Asheville requires you to be very quick about it, and very good. Unfortunately, the only way to really get good at it is to practice. Just don't hit anyone's car while doing so. Tends to make them angry.

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #11 of 34
Tear it up !

ok ok ...... j/k

just go smooth on the accelerator and no sudden moves on the wheel -

Good luck !

Quote:

I will be taking my driver's license test wednesday after school. You guys got any tips for me?
icon10.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #12 of 34
I have recently helped three teens get their license - the one thing that they most failed was the unmarked residential intersection - follow your state's laws - here it is stop and look before proceeding..

oh yeah, signal a lot...

yep you will parallel and angle park for sure...

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

icon10.gif

Move to Dallas, I took my USA drivers test there, it consisted of a short written test, 4 stop signs and 4 right turns, no left turns and a total of 7 or 8 minutes on the road
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back