License test on wednesday
Sep 28, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #31 of 34
Wear comfie shoes. Dont try and look nice or anything and wear shoes that you cant feel the pedals with, or that you're not used to.

dont get too nervous. it's really not a big deal

whenever you're turning or entering an intersection or anything like that, make obvious looks in both directions. i personally keep my head mostly still and just move my eyes, and thus they assume i'm not looking. turn your head.

They're looking for SAFE driving, not good driving. They dont care how sweetly you can do a gear change, they just want you to be safe on the road, so do everything you can to be safe.

Be polite and smile and laugh with your instructor. no one wants their driving test to be a funeral.

both hands on the wheel, etc. i dunno how you drive when you're in your own time, but for the test, keep it professional.

Sep 28, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
practice parallel parking, as it is something fairly common, and probably the most difficult thing in driving. I know if I had been asked to parallel park I would have failed my test.
plainface.gif

Other then that, don't overthink/stress out too much. The guy who was taking the test with me forgot to put his car in drive after reversing during a 3 point turn.
confused.gif

dam straight brother if they asked me to parallel park i would be taking the bus, aslo learn where everything is in the car as they make you point it out most of the time. and come to complete stops, then if you need to inch it, thats the only thing i did wrong .
EDIT
learn your bike signs they asked me, so be on the safe side.

Sep 28, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #33 of 34
I just took mine a month ago. As people have said, be sure to make a complete stop at a stop sign. Stop, look right, look left, then look forward, and go (about 2 seconds after you come to a complete stop). Be sure to look left and right at every single intersection. Here in cali, they deduct 1 point for every intersection you fail to look left and right on. Don't go above the speed limit, and don't go too much under the limit either (I got a point off for driving 25 in a 30 zone). They will most likely ask you to parallel park and then back up along the curb. I got another point taken off for not looking over my shoulder enough when backing up and instead looking too long at my side view mirror to check I was backing straight. Be sure to remember all the hand signals and components of your car (high beam, low beam, emergency blinkers, defroster.... etc). And one last thing, if you are unlucky, the lights might turn yellow before you go through, be sure to stop if you have time. Only drive through the yellow light if you are like 50-100 feet from the light when it turns yellow and you absolutely can't stop in time. When making a right turn and the light is green, don't stop unless there is someone or something in your way, just slow down. When making a right turn and the light is red, be sure to treat it as a stop sign; stop before the line, look right and left, roll forward if you can't see, and go when it's clear.

Good luck on your test and don't be too nervous like I was. Hope this helps

Enzo

Sep 28, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor
Also, watch out that you don't spill your beer all over the instructor.

Advise the instructor that there's a few cold ones waiting for him in the trunk after you finish. If it's a woman, present her with some chocolat truffles and force her to eat them before the test. If you can't tell, offer them some hostess twinkies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back