LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #271 of 308
So $15 shipping on top of the $39 I spent for the original Verbs that sounded so awful I've never been able to use them? I can ship a pair of IEMs for $3, but not LH labs. How come we don't see any specs for these things? Reads like the same old Gavin Fish hype to me, not biting.

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #272 of 308
Not an exact Piston replica like the Verb was to that other Chinese brand, but I don't trust the entire IEM was more than $15 at their cost. I'll bet that $15 is enough to break-even on their purchased cost and flat-rate domestic shipping. Not biting at $15 either.

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #273 of 308
$26 international shipping. That will be $56 + $26 = $82 for gambling once again.

They try to look surprised in the mail, that the Verb we received were so bad.. But they had beta testers testing them after they received the finished units, and before sending them to us. Why did they even ship them if they knew they were cheated by the factory, or whatever? And why should we pay $26 extra because they were cheated?

I wonder if it's now something Indiegogo can help with, as LH admit they didn't deliver what we paid for in the campaign.

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #274 of 308
I'm about 30 miles from LH Lab and they want $15 to ship? USPS flat rate priority is only $7, cheaper if you go first class at $4, and frankly LHL should pony up the shipping cost and send these out to us for free.

Oh and they want $1.13 tax.  And of course, aligning with their rip off strategy, they put a deadline on the offer... ha ha.. I'll pass.

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #275 of 308
Quoting a reply from Larry in the Indiegogo comments page, now we know a bit more about the Vibrato.

It's single dynamic driver @ 16 Ohm. MSRP @ $99 or above (TBD). Sound signature to my mind is much more balanced and transparent. Also a nice high extension through Titanium driver.

But still, what can / should we expect from Vibrato?  Will it really go nicely with the not-yet-delivered Geek Wave?

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #276 of 308
I don't think their "design" of the Verb was sold to other companies behind their back. It is obvious that the Verb borrowed its design from the Xuma earphone, which has been around since 2010 iirc.

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #278 of 308
For the cost of $26 shipping, I can probably get something better with guaranteed results

Exactly. I'd be better off buying 2 pairs of Xiaomi Piston 3s or just the Hybrid. The Verbs were **** and considering their quite asinine response, I'll pass after being screwed out of $50 the last time around.

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #279 of 308
I wonder who their testers are. Remember that random website that doesn't even review audio gear who said the Verb was wonderful? That guy?

Maybe they deliberately made shipping so expensive to limit their losses as hardly anyone will want to take this risk I think.

I might consider biting if they agree to fully refund me all costs if it turns out to be a POS again.

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #280 of 308
I guess it was just my morbid curiosity taking over, but I decided to go for the new Vibrato. I haven't received them yet. The Verbs were so bad that I was literally too embarrassed to give them away, and they fell apart immediately. I'm hoping these will at least be good enough to give to my sister to replace her lost Apple earbuds. 

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #281 of 308
same here...maybe the balanced will actually be GOOD....????

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #282 of 308
same here...maybe the balanced will actually be GOOD....????

Will let you know. I have a pair of Vibratos and IEM-X's coming this week for review. Cheers

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #283 of 308
Jun 23, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #284 of 308
OK, just got the iem-x
My first, out of the box impression...not bad sounding, clear, open, a bit tizzy on top, not that strong on bottom.
Will need to burn in.
I have a question, though...they're supposed to be balanced. Does that require purchasing a different cable? The one that comes doesn't connect to my adaptor (which I have to use for a balanced cable terminated for the AK style balanced out, allows me to use it for Pono), so I suspect it isn't a balanced cable. That stinks, I have to say, when I went for balanced headphones, I thought they'd be able to use balanced, guess I assumed too much.

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #285 of 308
OK, just got the iem-x
My first, out of the box impression...not bad sounding, clear, open, a bit tizzy on top, not that strong on bottom.
Will need to burn in.
I have a question, though...they're supposed to be balanced. Does that require purchasing a different cable? The one that comes doesn't connect to my adaptor (which I have to use for a balanced cable terminated for the AK style balanced out, allows me to use it for Pono), so I suspect it isn't a balanced cable. That stinks, I have to say, when I went for balanced headphones, I thought they'd be able to use balanced, guess I assumed too much.

I think LH optioned to use 3.5 TRRS wired in the HiFiman balanced configuration, if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back