LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread
May 17, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #256 of 308
Am I part of the very few that haven't received their Verb pledge? Or did they only ship domestically?

Maybe I will try to sneak around and get a refund 
ph34r.gif

May 17, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #257 of 308
  Am I part of the very few that haven't received their Verb pledge? Or did they only ship domestically?

Maybe I will try to sneak around and get a refund 
ph34r.gif

You can contact them to check, although a refund from LH labs would seem to be impossible.

I'm not in the states and have gotten them for awhile, although TBH it wasn't really worth reminding them to send my verbs out to me. I've let quite afew of the head-fi-ers in singapore try them, and none have had them on for more than 1 minute. It really is that bad, words can't do justice to the feelings I have regarding the verb and thus I have not even tried to compare them with my piston 2 and Momentum in ears. 
frown.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #260 of 308
Did anyone else receive the email from LHL pushing the VERB IEMs toward the end of last year?  I bought 4 pair to give as gifts.  Every pair has fallen apart.  The housing separates into two pieces, and/or the button activates when the cable flexes.

Anyone else have this problem?

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #261 of 308
Anyone check Amazon recently? 
http://www.amazon.com/Verb-Universal-Earbud-Headphones-Extension/dp/B00V5K7U98/

They are now $25. About the same price as the Xumas. The same price we suspected they were worth all along. And take a look at the reviews. 

"Please note that I received this product free of charge for an unbiased review"
A line just about all the positive reviews have in common. 

Dunno about you guys, but this is the first time I've been a victim of a scam. It's clear now more than ever that LH knowingly and deliberately pulled a bait and switch as a quick cash grab. 

The only question that remains is how much damage will this do to crowdsourcing in the audio industry? I'm still waiting on the Geek Pulse and the GO V2+. It's still somewhat early for the GO, but it's been over a year for the Pulse and every time I open the ticket, the answer was "there were delays in the shipping schedule but you can expect yours to ship within weeks". That's been the answer for 4 months now. I should have just gone with a Schiit stack. 

I'm sure as hell never buying something again before it ships and is in stock. 

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #262 of 308
  Did anyone else receive the email from LHL pushing the VERB IEMs toward the end of last year?  I bought 4 pair to give as gifts.  Every pair has fallen apart.  The housing separates into two pieces, and/or the button activates when the cable flexes.

Anyone else have this problem?

Mine fell apart and I promptly and almost happily threw them out in the waste bin. I felt bad doing that while it was still 'in operation' as I hate being wasteful.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #263 of 308
I harvested the drivers out of mine and used them as part of the setup in the custom IEM's I built for myself (used the dynamic drivers with the drivers I pulled from my Westone W4R's). The drivers themselves are actually pretty good when used in conjunction with other drivers and tuned appropriately.

I am throwing around ideas for my next build and would like to use more Verb drivers, so if anyone has a set they want to get rid of (preferably 2 or 3 sets) feel free to pm me.

I have seen some folks posting that they have sets that have fallen apart and such. If the drivers still work I would be happy to take them off your hands if you have not thrown them out.

Thanks.

Apr 6, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #265 of 308
I received the "Apology" email from LH Labs today. It only took them a YEAR to admit to their mistake. 
rolleyes.gif

* Edit - Apparently we have to "buy" the new versions from LH Labs at retail, and then they will refund out money back to us once they confirm our original backer status....
wow... yet even more hoops to jump through...
rolleyes.gif

Email Text is as follows:

"Last year LH Labs designed a completely new in-ear headphone that we thought we’d be proud of: an entirely original design with a wonderful sound we wanted you to experience. Unfortunately, we were NOT proud of the units that arrived from the manufacturer: not only did they sound nothing like our original design, we discovered (through you) the manufacturer took our industrial design and sold it to others.
We have definitely not forgotten about the experience and we’ve been working very hard to make it up to you. We know that apologies alone don’t go very far so we’re doing our best to restore your confidence in LH Labs. Over the last year, we’ve completely redesigned both the single ended and balanced IEM, ran through multiple iterations until both the tuning and the measurements were up to our standards, and sourced a trustworthy manufacturer for our new design. There’s a lot that goes into re-launching a product like this, but here are some of the highlights:
  1. We worked with Peter Duminy, our LH Labs board advisor with decades of headphone and loudspeaker design experience including background with BBC, B&W and Stax, to design and tweak the acoustic performance
  2. We went through multiple driver materials until we landed on 6u titanium
  3. We developed an enhanced chamber design to eke out tight, realistic bass from the driver
  4. We ran a quiet and extensive beta test with some hand-picked listeners, took their input, and did some final tweaking
We’re now ready to release and have decided to give our in-ear headphone line a new name: Vibrato
As an apology to you, we’d like to send you a pair of Vibrato before it’s sold retail for just the cost of shipping. This is only free to the original backers of the VERB IEM Perk on Indiegogo last year (we’ll verify eligibility against our customer database). To accept our offer and apology, please click on the link below. We anticipate that it will take us five weeks to get every unit shipped out. The link will be open and available until Monday, April 18th.

Above all, having you as our customer is what enables us to create the products we love. We hope that our actions will speak louder than words and you’ll love the Vibrato as much as we do.
Take care,
 ​
Larry, Gavin & The LH Labs Team"

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #269 of 308

So shipping is $15/unit alone?! What?

I backed 4 pairs of verbs, so I have to pay $60 for my replacements? They could toss all four in one single USPS small flat rate box for all I care.

That's what I said. I was expecting at most $7-8 max for shipping.

Upon closer inspection, they look like rebranded xiaomi piston v2's which costs $22. Tbh, at $15 I think we're paying for the entire IEM at their cost and shipping.

Apr 6, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #270 of 308

That's what I said. I was expecting at most $7-8 max for shipping.

Upon closer inspection, they look like rebranded xiaomi piston v2's which costs $22. Tbh, at $15 I think we're paying for the entire IEM at their cost and shipping.

Hmm you think so?
http://i.imgur.com/6nCp4E4.png

They both have a metal case, stripes on the side, and a port on the back, but the verbatims have a bigger port, two more stripes which looks less deep, and seem to be longer. Also they seem to have a bit of a slant around the port, which the piston doesn't have. So to me they look similar but don't look like the same headphone.
Also no mention of titanium drivers about the piston v2. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back