LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Jan 22, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #620 of 1,178
I don't think so, click the link I posted above, it suggests otherwise.

Since the page I linked includes a long description of the Tube Vi (IGG Only model) specs and says nothing of CXX, who knows which page to trust? Of course, I hope you are right. I wonder why there aren't photos of CXX modules yet. Especially with the implied intent to ship all IGG Vi's in March. LOL. I can't imagine how many hours/days Larry will need to spend to build each Signature Vi alone. And that's IF he has the milled aluminum cases on hand which there is no evidence of. And that's on top of all the other projects...etc. Fingers crossed but admittedly haven't found much hope this past year.

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #621 of 1,178
Well... well... for those of you still awaiting a ViDac SS/-Tube the wait should be over by March 28th.

At least that's my understanding based on the availabilities of the so called "ViDac Pro" (http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/vi-dac-pro/) and "ViDac Tube Pro" (http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/vi-dac-tube-pro/)

And with all that state of the art technology

Dual 2015 ESS SABRE9018AQ2M DAC Chips

Vi's DAC's design has always been to utilize ESS' Sabre 9018 DAC microchip for its digital to analog conversion. New for 2015, ESS has released the 9018AQ2M, which boasts even better harmonic distortion characteristics than its predecessor, as well as a lower noise floor and greater dynamic range. You have the option to utilize this new chip if you so choose

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #622 of 1,178

Since the page I linked includes a long description of the Tube Vi (IGG Only model) specs and says nothing of CXX, who knows which page to trust? Of course, I hope you are right. I wonder why there aren't photos of CXX modules yet. Especially with the implied intent to ship all IGG Vi's in March. LOL. I can't imagine how many hours/days Larry will need to spend to build each Signature Vi alone. And that's IF he has the milled aluminum cases on hand which there is no evidence of. And that's on top of all the other projects...etc. Fingers crossed but admittedly haven't found much hope this past year.

Yes definitely still not entirely clear, but the existence of the CCX modules on their new web shop and the fact they were both promised to and paid for by the IGG backers, makes it difficult to believe the CCXs wouldn't be included.

I could also see where maybe they would ship the Vi DACs with the standard output module, and then ship the upgrade CCXs later. At one time I wouldn't have liked that, but by now I'd take whatever they have ready to ship and worry about the rest later.

March 28th is probably going to be very optimistic, just like all of the other dates LH Labs have ever provided, unless of course they did receive a big shipment of milled chassis recently but for whatever reason are keeping that information under wraps for now.

But if that March 28th date ends up being pure fiction, then we'll know the whole thing was an attempted cash grab via preorder.

Meanwhile January is just about over, as is the NFL season, and pitchers and catchers report to MLB spring training in 3 weeks.

Roll up your sleeves LH Labs, March 28th is right around the corner.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #623 of 1,178

And with all that state of the art technology

Dual 2015 ESS SABRE9018AQ2M DAC Chips

Vi's DAC's design has always been to utilize ESS' Sabre 9018 DAC microchip for its digital to analog conversion. [COLOR=FF0000]New for 2015, ESS has released the 9018AQ2M, which boasts even better harmonic distortion characteristics than its predecessor, as well as a lower noise floor and greater dynamic range. You have the option to utilize this new chip if you so choose[/color]

LOL... sometimes "copy & paste" is definitely not the best option :wink:
Even here we have a QA issue.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #624 of 1,178
Yes definitely still not entirely clear, but the existence of the CCX modules on their new web shop and the fact they were both promised to and paid for by the IGG backers, makes it difficult to believe the CCXs wouldn't be included.

Indeed very irritating everything. Why are even "IGG" thingies mentioned (not only the CCX modules but also the DACs)?
Will they be sold (at a reduced price?) although the new "Pro" series is mentioned?

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #625 of 1,178
Indeed very irritating everything. Why are even "IGG" thingies mentioned (not only the CCX modules but also the DACs)?
Will they be sold (at a reduced price?) although the new "Pro" series is mentioned?

I'm guessing they will use the new web shop as yet another means of confirming everyone's IGG orders, just like the "surveys" had done with the Pulse campaign debacle. Yes the DACs are listed too.

So the IGG specific items are probably listed not because they will be for sale to new buyers through the web shop, but because that's how they will confirm the details and account for those IGG backer shipments (hence their $0 pricing).

Jan 23, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #626 of 1,178
Speaking of the new web commerce/shop, they have the Geek Source listed for sale. The listing does NOT specify "pre order" like it does for the Vi Pro. That implies the Source is available for sale to be shipped. But AFAIK nobody has received one from the campaign yet. I'm confused as usual with all things LHL.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #627 of 1,178
I'm waiting on a Source...for a while, it seemed like it was to be shipped imminently, but haven't heard anything in a while.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #628 of 1,178
midnight update:

Hello All Vi Backers,
We are happy to inform you that all outstanding orders have been entered into our order management system and the order for production has been placed. Please go into your account and verify/update your shipping information and let us know if you have any corrections or concerns on the imputed order. Thank you again for your patience and we will keep you updated bi-weekly on the status of production.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #629 of 1,178
midnight update:

[COLOR=000001]Hello All Vi Backers,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000001]We are happy to inform you that all outstanding orders have been entered into our order management system and the order for production has been placed. Please go into your account and verify/update your shipping information and let us know if you have any corrections or concerns on the imputed order. Thank you again for your patience and we will keep you updated bi-weekly on the status of production.[/COLOR]

Just like the Source it took months to enter into the new system and my order is incorrect but since they rely on us to open tickets to fix their errors we can spend more months on what's been done already, over and over .... an accounting of orders. The utter madness is maddening.

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #630 of 1,178
  midnight update:

Hello All Vi Backers,
We are happy to inform you that all outstanding orders have been entered into our order management system and the order for production has been placed. Please go into your account and verify/update your shipping information and let us know if you have any corrections or concerns on the imputed order. Thank you again for your patience and we will keep you updated bi-weekly on the status of production.

Well, that's interesting....I went up to the LH Labs Order Management System and clicked on "View Order Status" and it says that I have no orders pending.

So, I am happy to inform you in return that not all outstanding orders have been entered into your order management system. Must be one of those "alternative facts" I've been hearing about lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back