LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Dec 3, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #586 of 1,178
Herc,

We both know LHL has been lying and we've talked about this for years now. YEARS! Everybody that still thinks their CNC partner doesn't know how to produce the chassis and has been delaying things is just pure BS.

CNC shops of that size don't keep screwing up for so long. LHL is playing everyone.

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #587 of 1,178
Since Gavin was dissing Larry/LHL in his final "bye-bye IGG" update and Larry/LHL is blaming the board-/CNC manufacturers for being the ones who don't deliver as expected I would be very interested to know their (the manufacturers) view about the accusations they face from LHL.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #588 of 1,178
Since Gavin was dissing Larry/LHL in his final "bye-bye IGG" update and Larry/LHL is blaming the board-/CNC manufacturers for being the ones who don't deliver as expected I would be very interested to know their (the manufacturers) view about the accusations they face from
Sure, it would be interesting to hear perspectives from manufacturers but all that really matters is delivering products that are somewhere in the ballpark of what was "promised" in early and later marketing and messages. Delivery continues to be the huge "FAIL" no matter what the internal and external problems/drama/manufacturing/personal issues/etc. were/are/will be.

Dec 30, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #589 of 1,178
I've opened plenty of tickets with them in the past and have been told either 4 weeks or 2 months every time I have spoken with them back in February, so it has been about 10 months. I checked my current ticket status and it has been open for 68 days and 8 hours(I have only gotten an automated response), I'm at a point where I don't even want it anymore I just need my hard earned money back, I'm also planning to sell my LCD-XC. I was planning to use them together but that time has passed, anyone have any ideas on what I can do besides hope and pray? I'm still kind of new to Head-Fi, and do not know how to sell my LCD-XC. With the money I can get for both it can help me with a down payment for a used car. If LH Labs can't give me my money back, the least they can do is to try to find a way and help.

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #590 of 1,178
I've opened plenty of tickets with them in the past and have been told either 4 weeks or 2 months every time I have spoken with them back in February, so it has been about 10 months. I checked my current ticket status and it has been open for 68 days and 8 hours(I have only gotten an automated response), I'm at a point where I don't even want it anymore I just need my hard earned money back, I'm also planning to sell my LCD-XC. I was planning to use them together but that time has passed, anyone have any ideas on what I can do besides hope and pray? I'm still kind of new to Head-Fi, and do not know how to sell my LCD-XC. With the money I can get for both it can help me with a down payment for a used car. If LH Labs can't give me my money back, the least they can do is to try to find a way and help.

There is a for sale forum on Head Fi, also Audiogon and Audiomart are places to sell.
I don't know what to suggest as far as LH Labs stuff goes...(waiting on it myself)

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #591 of 1,178
new update says vi dacs are still slowly being produced.. and a future firmware update will include mqa support.

here's the update for people who don't want to visit indiegogo

Dear Vi Backers,

Happy New Year to all our backers! We want to extend communication here on the updates, as many of our communication have been emailed directly to backers and it seems some got lost.  From now on we will update both through email and the IGG Updates section. 

Also, we would like to express our sincerely sorry for the people who still waiting for us to finish shipping. Larry already tried few times to work with CNC factory about how to make the machining T6061 aluminum process faster and lower the failure rate. Few good spots has been fixed and improved. But we still have more room to go. 

We didn't stop shipping. And we know we need to increase the speed. 

Our new and more user-friendly order management system is being updated with the remaining Vi Infinity units, Vi Tube SE Units and soon after we will be adding the Vi Tube orders for upgrade and shipping confirmations. You could see ALL your perks/upgrades at the same places. You could update your shipping address anytime until one day before we ship it. And after it is out, you will get email notification too.  

We expect this process to be complete by the end of January and will provide another update here to make sure all everybody got it. 
We want to encourage our backers to reach out to our support system with questions at http://support.lhlabs.com

One common question we got recently is regarding the support of MQA music format.  We already signed the contract with MQA team and will support MQA music format from our Vi DAC via firmware upgrade. This new format is getting momentum especially if more and more streaming providers are working with them. Bottom line is: It would definitely sounds better than standard 16/44.1K file. How far or high this new format could go? We will know it soon.

LH Labs

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #592 of 1,178
new update says vi dacs are still slowly being produced.. and a future firmware update will include mqa support.

here's the update for people who don't want to visit indiegogo

Dear Vi Backers,

Happy New Year to all our backers! We want to extend communication here on the updates, as many of our communication have been emailed directly to backers and it seems some got lost.  From now on we will update both through email and the IGG Updates section. 

Also, we would like to express our sincerely sorry for the people who still waiting for us to finish shipping. Larry already tried few times to work with CNC factory about how to make the machining T6061 aluminum process faster and lower the failure rate. Few good spots has been fixed and improved. But we still have more room to go. 

We didn't stop shipping. And we know we need to increase the speed. 

Our new and more user-friendly order management system is being updated with the remaining Vi Infinity units, Vi Tube SE Units and soon after we will be adding the Vi Tube orders for upgrade and shipping confirmations. You could see ALL your perks/upgrades at the same places. You could update your shipping address anytime until one day before we ship it. And after it is out, you will get email notification too.  

We expect this process to be complete by the end of January and will provide another update here to make sure all everybody got it. 

We want to encourage our backers to reach out to our support system with questions at [COLOR=EB1478]http://support.lhlabs.com
[/color]

One common question we got recently is regarding the support of MQA music format.  We already signed the contract with MQA team and will support MQA music format from our Vi DAC via firmware upgrade. This new format is getting momentum especially if more and more streaming providers are working with them. Bottom line is: It would definitely sounds better than standard 16/44.1K file. How far or high this new format could go? We will know it soon.

LH Labs

Thanks for posting the update-I get the emails, but don't always notice them. I guess getting MQA support is a good thing, been curious about it, supposed to sound nice. Hey, the longer we wait, the more new stuff they can add to the units! (I actually thought I was getting it about a year ago, when those surveys were released. We'll see what happens, hope they can finally get it together).

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #593 of 1,178
My responce/ticket: So what about shipping? This whole update is useless without giving a time line. Are we to wait months or years - realistically. Can you narrow that answer down a bit based on model paid for?
No update for more than 6 months and then this. This apology without any useful information or timeline is not helpful.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #594 of 1,178
I backed the stereo speaker amp so I'm back to waiting for an lh labs product again although the estimate seems to indicate it might start shipping this month.  The amplifier design seems to be lm3886 chipamp based which is not what I expected so I'm a little worried
edit:  I do 
love the case design though.  Sharp angles remind me of a mini pass labs amp and red is awesome

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #595 of 1,178
The update is very cryptic.  What exactly will be accomplished by the end of this month?  The new ordering system will be in place by the end of January, or something else?

They seem to be saying that Vi DAC's have been shipping but which versions?  I know of only 2 Vi Dac Tube models out in the wild and not sure if these are the SE versions or something else.  

I am happy about the MQA report, but I don't have any better idea of when I will receive my Vi Tube than I did before this latest update.

Frustrating....

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #596 of 1,178
My responce/ticket: So what about shipping? This whole update is useless without giving a time line. Are we to wait months or years - realistically. Can you narrow that answer down a bit based on model paid for?
No update for more than 6 months and then this. This apology without any useful information or timeline is not helpful.

Exactly, another completely useless update, with a blatant attempt at distraction from the real issues at hand by latching onto the MQA buzzword of CES2017.

Earth to LH Labs - So nice of you to commit to your backers (like they committed to you with money upfront in exchange for exactly nothing over literally years (plural) time). You completely mislead everyone with the original IGG "estimated ship-dates", and now can't so much as produce any meaningful progress update over the course of 1+ year?

No useful or truthful IGG "update" now in over a year, just a bunch of BS and no actual stated timeline, despite the calendar saying 2017, an absolute total disgrace.

At this time last year I was told in a ticket my ViDAC would ship by late February (2015). Then it was late March, then late April, then late May or early June, followed by my no longer asking for any more status updates via tickets.

Hard to believe we have regressed since this time last year, now there aren't even any more timeline estimates at all, just a regurgitation of the same old BS, accompanied by an MQA head-fake for good measure.

Bravo LH Labs, what a performance. Just what we've been so patiently waiting for.

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #597 of 1,178
What a pathetic of an update. One year since I paid my shipping invoice and still nothing.

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #598 of 1,178
Did you guys noticed the latest update wasn't written by Larry? He couldn't bother to give a fake update anymore.

6 months ago update was as good as no update, same for 7 months before that.

Maybe some backers could contact Jude. Hopefully he is in the position to help get some real info. This is getting pretty bad.

I still recommend contacting a TV station and ask them to do some investigative reporting.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #599 of 1,178
Hi everyone,

I ordered two of the solid state Vi Dac Infinity (via a series of upgrades during the original Pulse campaign), and paid for shipping in early 2016. Much to my surprise, one of them actually arrived at my door a little over two weeks ago. Like many of you I have been opening tickets and getting wildly inaccurate shipping estimates, and it has been very distressing and frustrating to say the least. So I thought I would just leave this here as a tiny glimmer of hope. You might actually get your dacs, eventually, maybe. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #600 of 1,178
Hi everyone,

I ordered two of the solid state Vi Dac Infinity (via a series of upgrades during the original Pulse campaign), and paid for shipping in early 2016. Much to my surprise, one of them actually arrived at my door a little over two weeks ago. Like many of you I have been opening tickets and getting wildly inaccurate shipping estimates, and it has been very distressing and frustrating to say the least. So I thought I would just leave this here as a tiny glimmer of hope. You might actually get your dacs, eventually, maybe. 

So, tell us what you think of it... Not fair to just tease us! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back