LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Jan 19, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #601 of 1,178
  Hi everyone,

I ordered two of the solid state Vi Dac Infinity (via a series of upgrades during the original Pulse campaign), and paid for shipping in early 2016. Much to my surprise, one of them actually arrived at my door a little over two weeks ago. Like many of you I have been opening tickets and getting wildly inaccurate shipping estimates, and it has been very distressing and frustrating to say the least. So I thought I would just leave this here as a tiny glimmer of hope. You might actually get your dacs, eventually, maybe. 

I think we all very much appreciate posts/updates of this kind, especially since LH Lab's own "updates" provide little or no useful information at all over 1+ years time.

Thank you very much for giving us this small glimmer of hope.

In many ways your post is still troubling, didn't LH Labs claim some months ago to have finished shipments of the solid-state ViDACs, and that production had shifted 100% to the tube version?

That is my recollection, so your recent shipment while both encouraging and a clear win for you (sincere congrats on taking delivery) is also evidence of more deception by LH Labs.

I truly hope you get the 2nd ViDAC you backed soon, and once again congrats on taking delivery, it's proof they are actually shipping something as opposed to nothing. Your communication via this forum is quite valuable given the absolute lack of communication we get from LH Labs.

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #602 of 1,178
So, tell us what you think of it... Not fair to just tease us!
smily_headphones1.gif

For purely financial reasons I decided to sell it (via tmraudio). I've had to sell off a lot of gear because of some health problems, and I never even took it out of the box. (In the next few days I'll be listing a Geek Out 1000 and a Centrance Hifi-Skyn in the for-sale forum, in case anyone is interested.) I am however expecting a 2nd Vi-Dac sometime in the next 3-9 years, and I will be happy to give you my impressions then. :wink:

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #603 of 1,178

I think we all very much appreciate posts/updates of this kind, especially since LH Lab's own "updates" provide little or no useful information at all over 1+ years time.

Thank you very much for giving us this small glimmer of hope.

In many ways your post is still troubling, didn't LH Labs claim some months ago to have finished shipments of the solid-state ViDACs, and that production had shifted 100% to the tube version?

That is my recollection, so your recent shipment while both encouraging and a clear win for you (sincere congrats on taking delivery) is also evidence of more deception by LH Labs.

I truly hope you get the 2nd ViDAC you backed soon, and once again congrats on taking delivery, it's proof they are actually shipping something as opposed to nothing. Your communication via this forum is quite valuable given the absolute lack of communication we get from LH Labs.

Thanks very much for your congrats. I did hear that the solid state units were 95% shipped (or something like that) several months ago. I can only assume that it was just more of the same bull**** we've come to expect from LH Labs when it comes to shipping info. I was one of the original Geek Force 300, and my orders were put in very early in the game. Considering that I have just now received my first of two, it's hard to believe that most of the solid state units have been shipped. Then again, I don't really know how many people ordered the solid state version versus the tube version. But as you say, at least they are shipping something.

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #604 of 1,178

Thanks very much for your congrats. I did hear that the solid state units were 95% shipped (or something like that) several months ago. I can only assume that it was just more of the same bull**** we've come to expect from LH Labs when it comes to shipping info. I was one of the original Geek Force 300, and my orders were put in very early in the game. Considering that I have just now received my first of two, it's hard to believe that most of the solid state units have been shipped. Then again, I don't really know how many people ordered the solid state version versus the tube version. But as you say, at least they are shipping something.

90% at Aug 2016 and expected 100% by Oct 2016, now lhlabs now not even dare to report progress nearly 6 months.

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #605 of 1,178
  new update says vi dacs are still slowly being produced.. and a future firmware update will include mqa support.

here's the update for people who don't want to visit indiegogo

Dear Vi Backers,

Happy New Year to all our backers! We want to extend communication here on the updates, as many of our communication have been emailed directly to backers and it seems some got lost.  From now on we will update both through email and the IGG Updates section. 

Also, we would like to express our sincerely sorry for the people who still waiting for us to finish shipping. Larry already tried few times to work with CNC factory about how to make the machining T6061 aluminum process faster and lower the failure rate. Few good spots has been fixed and improved. But we still have more room to go. 

We didn't stop shipping. And we know we need to increase the speed. 

Our new and more user-friendly order management system is being updated with the remaining Vi Infinity units, Vi Tube SE Units and soon after we will be adding the Vi Tube orders for upgrade and shipping confirmations. You could see ALL your perks/upgrades at the same places. You could update your shipping address anytime until one day before we ship it. And after it is out, you will get email notification too.  

We expect this process to be complete by the end of January and will provide another update here to make sure all everybody got it. 
We want to encourage our backers to reach out to our support system with questions at http://support.lhlabs.com

One common question we got recently is regarding the support of MQA music format.  We already signed the contract with MQA team and will support MQA music format from our Vi DAC via firmware upgrade. This new format is getting momentum especially if more and more streaming providers are working with them. Bottom line is: It would definitely sounds better than standard 16/44.1K file. How far or high this new format could go? We will know it soon.

LH Labs

so will it be hardware or software MQA?

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #607 of 1,178
Well... well... for those of you still awaiting a ViDac SS/-Tube the wait should be over by March 28th.

At least that's my understanding based on the availabilities of the so called "ViDac Pro" (http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/vi-dac-pro/) and "ViDac Tube Pro" (http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/vi-dac-tube-pro/)

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #608 of 1,178
What, what is this. WHAT NOW LHL? Selling more stuff b4 it exists.
Well... well... for those of you still awaiting a ViDac SS/-Tube the wait should be over by March 28th.

At least that's my understanding based on the availabilities of the so called "ViDac Pro" (http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/vi-dac-pro/) and "ViDac Tube Pro" (http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/vi-dac-tube-pro/)

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #610 of 1,178
So, by March 28,Huh?....

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #611 of 1,178
March 28 of 2018, if we're lucky. Fancy marketing is all it is. I think they'd announce on gogo if they had such good news. Besides the vain hope of raising money, I don't know why they'd put this up. Maybe it's a mock up we weren't supposed to see?

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #612 of 1,178
So, by March 28,Huh?....

I'd love to think that might happen, and who knows, maybe it will. After all, it's been 2 solid years of waiting already, it's high time they delivered.

Of course based on all of the previous timelines not having been met, it's easy to be pessimistic, we've seen this movie before haven't we?

While this could just be another attempt at generating pre-order revenue, I'd like to think otherwise. I'd also like to think LH Labs won't repeat the Pulse debacle where they released units to Amazon for retail sales well before fulfilling all of the IGG campaign obligations. That seemed criminal to me, and to date that situation still hasn't been resolved, those unfulfilled Pulse∞ backers have every reason to be the most furious of all.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #614 of 1,178
It could be they need cash to complete orders that are pending...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back