LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Mar 26, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #422 of 1,178
I haven't heard that the Vi Tube DAC is shipping yet ...

Someone on the campaign page reported receiving their Vi Tube weeks ago, and I believe campaign updates did mention they're slowly ramping up.

Good to hear...eventually it will all be over (still waiting on a Wave and a Source, just got the "poll" on the Source).

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #424 of 1,178
$4999 for Solid State and $6999 for Tubes

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #425 of 1,178
Those are the list prices? Campaign prices?

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #427 of 1,178
I do not have the different tier prices. As with the Pulse campaign, it was hard to keep track of the various options.

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #428 of 1,178
True dat, with all the different perks, it is hard enough to figure out what I paid for the Vi Tube...:rolleyes:

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #429 of 1,178
The SS is pretty spectacular. It would be interesting to have an M1 or DAVE to compare it to.

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #430 of 1,178
I'll eventually have the Vi tube dac special Edition, would be interesting to get some comparisons as well at that point.

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #431 of 1,178
Just as it was with the Pulse SFi last May, I'm now sadly at the point of reaching ZERO enthusiasm levels for the Vi DAC Tube.

GF said last fall these units would start shipping "sometime around Christmas (2015)".

That was after the original ship dates of April/May 2015, and July/August 2015 didn't happen, and were then amended to state only the solid-state units would ship by then. Turned out that wouldn't happen either (surprise surprise).

Fast forward to calendar year 2016, and I was told in January my estimated ship date was in February.

​In February I was told the 1st or 2nd week of March.

In March I was told mid-April.

In mid-April I'm now being told mid-May.

​I've seen other backers have now been told June, and I doubt thats got anything to do with their supposed "spot in the queue".

​Shame on LH Labs for stating these units had begun shipping, when in fact only a handful of beta test units had been sent out. This model is not yet in production, I'd bet they don't even have either the chassis or the boards in-house yet. 

​If they did, more people would have received shipping notices and/or the actual unit.

Until they have the chassis and boards on hand, there is no such thing as a shipping estimate, despite what they might say.

I never thought this current fiasco would take on Pulse campaign-like qualities, but it has. History repeats itself.

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #432 of 1,178
If there's one thing worse than waiting for much too long, it's getting excited that the wait might be over, only to THEN find out it's the same as usual. I think the Vi DAC Solid State raised some expectations with the tube purchasers (at least, it did for me). It's a bit of a letdown to be hearing June dates now (which, of course, doesn't mean we get it June, just not BEFORE June, likely much later. I'm sure it'll be great when it finally comes, but, boy, am I sorry I got into all this...

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #433 of 1,178
Forget June unless you're early soul backer. My communication with LH labs pretty much the same with MikeyFresh promise after promise. 2 weeks ago I was told I asked again and was told I will get shipping notification W4 May. I then reply to that and just ask them to give me the straight truth. Last week I managed to get straight answer from LH Labs. The reply basically says they are still waiting for feedback from beta tester. At the moment there are 200 people ahead of me. What weird is they say they are producing 3 VI Tube per day.

With that calculation IF I am lucky and there is NO bad feedback from their beta tester I would get mine in 4 months time. And that is a big IF. I backed VI pretty late around January last year. But even with that it's 15 months later. At this stage I just call my self lucky if I ever get a VI before the year end considering I have a friend that still haven't got his Pulse X infinity yet

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #434 of 1,178
I was a Soul backer, but then I went in for the Signature version, so I don't know where that puts me on the waiting list.

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #435 of 1,178
If there's one thing worse than waiting for much too long, it's getting excited that the wait might be over, only to THEN find out it's the same as usual. I think the Vi DAC Solid State raised some expectations with the tube purchasers (at least, it did for me). It's a bit of a letdown to be hearing June dates now (which, of course, doesn't mean we get it June, just not BEFORE June, likely much later. I'm sure it'll be great when it finally comes, but, boy, am I sorry I got into all this...

Yes.

OTOH, I'm hoping this means at least better QC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back