LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #76 of 1,178
  New update out
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vi-high-performance-crowd-designed-audio-system#activity

Pop filter on line out and physical volume control confirmed!  woo

Yes, great news on both counts.
Now if only they could get the tube side amped for headphones

Sadly, I don't think that has ever been on the table...

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #78 of 1,178
Huge update today from Larry, especially if you plan to use the vi dac as a headphone amp..  Analog volume control for the headphone amp!  And removed gain array for less stuff in the signal path just like the signature edition geek pulse etc!  I plan to sit the vi dac on my desk so this is the best news I could ever hear :D  also check out the pic, looks like 4pin xlr and 1/4" headphone outs will be on the front right area of the vi dac.. that's my preferred side since I'm right handed.. exciting!

Dear Backers,

As I wrote in last update, here is the most updated internal structure of Vi DAC now. (both Tube and SS version) 

You could see a colorful CCX module working with tube board in the middle perfectly. And you could see the back panel connectors arrangement too. There are some fine tunes need to be done. Also, CCX will have aluminum cover around connectors too. 

Also, the other news I would like to share with you. We decided to put "Analog Volume Control" on Headphone output. So every line-out voltage level could stay constant, and you could turn the volume knob in the front panel to control the headphone output voltage. :wink:

We believe that is the best arrangement. And we could get rid of gain control array too. 

This analog volume control is not the normal single ended one. This is full balanced 4 ways precision analog volume control. So we could maintain the full balanced architecture from the top to the end.

Cheers,

Larry

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #80 of 1,178
The 1/4" plug on this Dharma D1000 headphone matches the grey vi dac pretty closely :)

*cough*old friends deal*cough cough*

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #81 of 1,178
That does look pretty cool on there Uncola and i do like the Old Friends reference,
Remember the Vi Dac will use CCX (Capacitor & Connector Exchange) and the PTP will use the ACX (Amplifier Component Exchange). 

Apr 27, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #82 of 1,178
LH Labs posted a new video detailing the vi dac pcb layout and features
tldr:  vi dac pcb is 30% bigger than geek pulse and lps pcbs combined so he was able to leave more space between the different sections, i.e. the analog amp, the dac, digital input, analog line out etc

May 5, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #83 of 1,178
Slow news week.  Here's a video from 2013 of Larry showing off the Da Vinci dac system with his wilson sasha speakers.. it sounds slightly bright to me but that could be the room/microphone

older video of the da vinci dac showing off a clear chassis

May 5, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #84 of 1,178
  Slow news week.  Here's a video from 2013 of Larry showing off the Da Vinci dac system with his wilson sasha speakers.. it sounds slightly bright to me but that could be the room/microphone

older video of the da vinci dac showing off a clear chassis

So what happened to the DaVinci Streamer and DaVinci Source? Never hit the market, or? Would be interesting to know the reason for this.

btw ....Larry´s remark that the "DaVinci streamer is designed for a lot of young people" made me smile. Guess he didn´t mean the average young people :wink:

May 22, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #87 of 1,178
LH Labs posted a pic of their EP2 chassis with surface finishing completed, this is a mirror reflective gold finish.  They also have a sample of their dark grey finish they will display at the Newport Audio show next week.  The pictures look like a full size real deal chassis to me!  Man I love the mirror reflective look.  It's so gaudy.  
"EP2 Chassis in house. Looks perfect. T6061 Aluminum with sweet cut. "

May 23, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #88 of 1,178
With the way things have gone, I'm pretty sure the gold is for the signature edition.

May 31, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #89 of 1,178
I noticed Larry gave details on their vi dac demo setup at T.H.E. Show.. he says digital volume control is enabled.. that sounds like it will work as a digital preamp for a speaker amp.. woot

"Larry Ho 2 hours ago

Hi, lsh12

Thanks! Our show configuration is like this…

Vi DAC SS with Balanced Output, LightSpeed 10G USB input, Cardas Clear interconnects and speaker cable. Digital volume control enabled, play at FTM mode.

One quesion: Did you hear my vinyl rip in 352.8K or DSD128? :wink:

Cheers,
Larry"

Jun 16, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #90 of 1,178
New update on indiegogo, they said the only issues left to work on are mechanical nothing electronic.  Sounds like it's on schedule.  At this point the only thing that could delay shipping.. is a Cheez-it shortage
Nice pic of the vi dac with the cover removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back