LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Feb 1, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #1,711 of 2,040
For example: soundstage, resolution and clarity, do not always relate to any measurements.

I concur in that no one can predict necessarily in certain terms how great objective performance in one area or another will translate to great subjective performance. Generally speaking, however, an excellent measuring DAC will sound clear, dynamic and resolving compared to lesser offerings. Furthermore, I disagree that the Surface Pro 4's headphone jack is vastly inferior, but actually is vastly superior to many DACs. I cannot begin to count the myriad family members and colleagues who have noted without hesitation how poorer performing DACs (in particular, the DragonFly 1.2 and many of the FiiOs) have sounded muffled and boring compared to my Surface's built-in headphone jack. The issue is many engineers simply drop and place expensive exotic chips on a PCB without seriously taking into account component topology, which is tremendously important. As a parallel example, you might have the most powerful land-based telescope on the planet but unless you have a clear night sky and you have it pointed with just the right azimuth and heading you are wasting all that incredible potential. For all you know, you could be peering at a vast metropolis of city lights when you were really wanting to see the constellation of Cyngus (the Northern Cross).

Feb 2, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #1,712 of 2,040
Oh man...I think it's safe to say that regardless of the way how lh labs handle business and support, the v2+ inf. just sounds phenomenal. It is truly capable of supporting the andromeda. Although I must say that tip rolling should be the first thing to do to slightly match the sound in your favor, the v2+ inf. never sounded lacking despite what tips I used. Going from flc8s and andromeda made a significant difference, but even with the flc8s, I never felt anything lacking. Dead silent and not a single sign of typical sabre glare. The TCM filter to me sounds pretty bad. It sounds a bit artificial presented in a dull and cold manner. I found lack of coherence to be the problem. The SSM filter is pretty bad too, too much distortion across the board, haven't really spent much time with it. The FRM filter is what really brings out performance of v2+ inf. and should be the default filter. It just sounds natural. No sign of any muddiness or bass slouch while providing the mid-bass warmth. Clarity, resolution, coherence is excellent. Device doesn't get too warm unlike the mojo which got hot even in a cold room. Mojo definitely had some issue with usb implementation and the slightly airy sound can have a negative effect which the v2+ inf. does not possess. However, the unit just turns off during playback without any warning when the battery runs out because of the battery indicator is static. Also, no physical volume adjustment which is not a problem for me personally.

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,714 of 2,040

It's in the mail !

Well my GO 2Pro SE is on it's way home exactly 7 days after it was received - I mean down to the last hour, 7 days from my FedEx delivery receipt. 
beerchug.gif

Looks like what they've done is extracted the guts from my GO v2+∞, added the mods and repacked in a new case. That's why the price was the same regardless of your hardware config. When I compare this to some of the 3rd party upgrades, for say a Sonos Connect - $380 isn't so bad, IMO.

I'll prolly take a black felt marker to that case tho - I don't like unnecessary attention.
atsmile.gif
 Kidding !

I've been leaning heavy on the Pulse X ∞ in the last week. Never really did many comparisons between the 2 before - I was pretty much tethered to the GO since I got it. I can hardly wait for the GO 2Pro SE to compare both. Should be here Monday or Tuesday....

Just got my first real IEM's about a month ago, Empire Ears Spartan's with ADEL MAMs - listening to The End in SACD is a whole new experience for these old ears !

Feb 5, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #1,715 of 2,040

It's in the mail !

Well my GO 2Pro SE is on it's way home exactly 7 days after it was received - I mean down to the last hour, 7 days from my FedEx delivery receipt. 
:beerchug:

Looks like what they've done is extracted the guts from my GO v2+∞, added the mods and repacked in a new case. That's why the price was the same regardless of your hardware config. When I compare this to some of the 3rd party upgrades, for say a Sonos Connect - $380 isn't so bad, IMO.

I'll prolly take a black felt marker to that case tho - I don't like unnecessary attention.
:atsmile:  Kidding !

I've been leaning heavy on the Pulse X ∞ in the last week. Never really did many comparisons between the 2 before - I was pretty much tethered to the GO since I got it. I can hardly wait for the GO 2Pro SE to compare both. Should be here Monday or Tuesday....

Just got my first real IEM's about a month ago, Empire Ears Spartan's with ADEL MAMs - listening to The End in SACD is a whole new experience for these old ears !
I truly believe you will love your GO2PRO when it arrives, it (should) BE a night and day difference! Let it break in for a while, but should sound superb right out of the box ! Congratulations on your upgrade and primo iems, sounds like they matched quite nicely together!!!!

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #1,716 of 2,040
Hi,
Sorry if this was already asked before :wink:

So V2+ is better to work with my android phone rather than 2A?
My android smartphone is using android 5.01 but it sucks when using Usb Audio Player Pro APP (already emailed the guys at extream and they told me it was my phone's kernel issue and they cannot fix it)

Thank you for your answer :wink:

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #1,717 of 2,040
Hi,
Sorry if this was already asked before
wink.gif

So V2+ is better to work with my android phone rather than 2A?
My android smartphone is using android 5.01 but it sucks when using Usb Audio Player Pro APP (already emailed the guys at extream and they told me it was my phone's kernel issue and they cannot fix it)

Thank you for your answer
wink.gif

I don't think the go2a was meant for use with mobile phones. The gov2+ would be a much better choice. If you plan to use them with IEMs, they last pretty long. Passed 8 hours easily with my andromeda with continuous use.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #1,721 of 2,040
looks great! Please tell us how it sounds right out of the box !! I know it will get better as it hits its sweet spot, but now, now !!

Sounds great out of the box..... but have a small problem with the data Micro B seems to be loose and dropping the connection unless consistent pressure is exerted. I remember it having a much better connection before it went out.

Will play around more and compare with Pulse X Inf tonight. May have to get a new Micro B connector tho. Could interfere with mobility.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #1,722 of 2,040
Sounds great out of the box..... but have a small problem with the data Micro B seems to be loose and dropping the connection unless consistent pressure is exerted. I remember it having a much better connection before it went out.

Will play around more and compare with Pulse X Inf tonight. May have to get a new Micro B connector tho. Could interfere with mobility.
I have that same mobility issue and partially solved it by using a rubber band, I know it's hood, but it's helped greatly..

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #1,723 of 2,040
I have that same mobility issue and partially solved it by using a rubber band, I know it's hood, but it's helped greatly..

Hmmm, that's no good. My Fiio E18 has rock solid Micro B connectors supported by the metal housing and it's had waaaaay more hours on it. The GO's should be better!

I think if I stack it with my phone or Shanling M1 it will hold the cable stable. I'll take more pics and post tonight.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #1,724 of 2,040

It's in the mail !

beerchug.gif

usps tracking says they received mine on January 31, so hopefully I'll have mine this week.  in balanced mode, the v2+ inf was fabulous.  i listened to it the entire trip from NY to Washington on amtrak and never tired of the music.

as they say (or should) "too much of a good thing is wonderful"

can't wait.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #1,725 of 2,040

That's a serious defect you got there. Hope it gets resolved quickly. The device looks beautiful though, only if I had the money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back