LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Dec 4, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #1,606 of 2,040
Check out the CEntrance Dacport HD. Volume pot. Sounds greats.

I like the portable one better - more oomph, plus a battery so you are not tethered to your computer. 
smile_phones.gif
  Yeah, the lack of volume control on the GO is a downside. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #1,607 of 2,040
I like the portable one better - more oomph, plus a battery so you are not tethered to your computer.  :smile_phones:   Yeah, the lack of volume control on the GO is a downside. 

Yep, the battery will be worth the extra cost for many. You can't go wrong with any CEntrance product. From a customer service standpoint, they are also top notch. A great alternative.

Dec 30, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #1,609 of 2,040
Hi guys,

I saw that the GO2A was just released, so i was wondering if anyone could comment on the single ended output on the 2A. Is it improved at all? 

Thanks

Since I sent my GOV2 in for an exchange, I can't compare them except from memory. I feel that the GO2A is an improvement in detail, soundstage and clarity. The metal case is more robust than the rubbery original, but it gets hotter.

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #1,610 of 2,040
  Hi guys,

I saw that the GO2A was just released, so i was wondering if anyone could comment on the single ended output on the 2A. Is it improved at all? 

Thanks

Well the internals are now the same v2+ inf. and I've heard that GO2A SE output is definitely an improvement over the old GOV2. However, I also heard problems of the GO2A overheating, random disconnections, excess power draw from usb port etc. In the end, I chose to buy the v2+ inf.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #1,611 of 2,040
  Well the internals are now the same v2+ inf. and I've heard that GO2A SE output is definitely an improvement over the old GOV2. However, I also heard problems of the GO2A overheating, random disconnections, excess power draw from usb port etc. In the end, I chose to buy the v2+ inf.

The GO2A overheating in the new chassis? Haven't heard about that. Where did you read about those issues? Just curious. Cheers 

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #1,612 of 2,040
  The GO2A overheating in the new chassis? Haven't heard about that. Where did you read about those issues? Just curious. Cheers 

I asked a person who owns both mojo and GO2A on a local forum. He personally PMed me about the build quality and he went through 2 GOV2s to get a working one and then applied for the GO2A upgrade. After he finally got the GO2A, it kept disconnecting randomly throughout playback. He sent it back, waiting for replacement. He did say that the build quality is much better than GOV2, but it gets really hot. I should have clarified on the overdraw issue. That should only happen when two headphones are connected to both SE and balanced, drawing too much power than the USB port provides. The computer will shut down the USB port if that happens and then your GO2A will turn off.

And then there is a whole other problem of people preordering their GO2A and not receiving any news about them for months. I heard LHL was waiting on chassis for some time and they finally arrived. It's a possibility a lot of orders are delayed and even if you order one right now, there is no guarantee that you will get them soon. I would highly suggest going the used route.

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #1,613 of 2,040
  Hi guys,

Thanks

Since I sent my GOV2 in for an exchange, I can't compare them except from memory. I feel that the GO2A is an improvement in detail, soundstage and clarity. The metal case is more robust than the rubbery original, but it gets hotter.

All this ^^^^. Get the 2A over the V2. If you loved the V2 (I did) you'll cream over the 2A. (I did)

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #1,614 of 2,040
Does anyone know where I can get a 3.5mm TRRS female (tip to ground: Left+,Right+,Left-,Right-) the one that v2+ inf. uses to 3.5mm TRS male adapter? Thinking of getting balanced termination for my new flc8s cable, but I also need to use it with SE sources.

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #1,615 of 2,040
Does anyone know where I can get a 3.5mm TRRS female (tip to ground: Left+,Right+,Left-,Right-) the one that v2+ inf. uses to 3.5mm TRS male adapter? Thinking of getting balanced termination for my new flc8s cable, but I also need to use it with SE sources.

I use the one from VE, excellent and cheap :wink:

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,617 of 2,040
I'm not really worried since I'm going bal-->se, but do cable adapters or any adapters affect SQ in anyway? Especially if you have aftermarket cables. Also, got a reply from VE in literally less than a minute if they carry ones without cable, but they don't. Fastest reply I got from customer support.

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #1,618 of 2,040
I'm not really worried since I'm going bal-->se, but do cable adapters or any adapters affect SQ in anyway? Especially if you have aftermarket cables. Also, got a reply from VE in literally less than a minute if they carry ones without cable, but they don't. Fastest reply I got from customer support.

In my experience no but I typically don't hear any differences between cables either so ymmv I'd guess.

VE's great!

Jan 2, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #1,619 of 2,040
I use the one from VE, excellent and cheap
wink.gif

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4

+1  Consider picking up the balanced Monk+ while you are at it (since paying shipping anyway).  They used to be $5, but I believe Lee said on their FB page that he will be selling them now in a $15 that includes the adapter you need plus the expansion pack.

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,620 of 2,040
+1  Consider picking up the balanced Monk+ while you are at it (since paying shipping anyway).  They used to be $5, but I believe Lee said on their FB page that he will be selling them now in a $15 that includes the adapter you need plus the expansion pack.

Yeah, it was only $5 when I bought mine but even at $15 (including a lot of accessories) it's a cheap way to try out the balanced output on your gear if you've got one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back