LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Sep 17, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #1,381 of 2,040
Could a cable issue. Is it a balanced cable? Just wanted to make sure. Cheers

Sep 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #1,382 of 2,040
Ok.  I'm going to bring this up again because I am SO damn pissed and other people can potentially get hurt.  The f'ing gov2+ ONCE AGAIN loaded up on 100% and blew my ears and my headphones.  I've NEVER been exposed to that kind of volume and I'm a freaking DJ.  Now my ears actually hurt.  This is irresponsibly dangerous.

Be careful out there.

Sep 17, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #1,384 of 2,040
  Ok.  I'm going to bring this up again because I am SO damn pissed and other people can potentially get hurt.  The f'ing gov2+ ONCE AGAIN loaded up on 100% and blew my ears and my headphones.  I've NEVER been exposed to that kind of volume and I'm a freaking DJ.  Now my ears actually hurt.  This is irresponsibly dangerous.

Be careful out there.

What device is this with? It maybe due to your device since the GOV2 volume is controlled by the host (for instance Windows always remembers the volume I leave it at).

Sep 17, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #1,385 of 2,040

What device is this with? It maybe due to your device since the GOV2 volume is controlled by the host (for instance Windows always remembers the volume I leave it at).

GOV2+ w/ Windows.  no enhancements.  It USUALLY remembers the volume.  But this last time (and a few others), it started up at 100%.  I'm surprised my ears aren't actually bleeding right now...

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #1,386 of 2,040
  GOV2+ w/ Windows.  no enhancements.  It USUALLY remembers the volume.  But this last time (and a few others), it started up at 100%.  I'm surprised my ears aren't actually bleeding right no

Yikes that might be worse than if it never did that because at least it would never be a surprise.

I guess I learned this lesson a long time ago with other gear so I have the habit of not putting my headphones on until they are plugged in and music is playing... still have mishaps every now and again though.

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #1,387 of 2,040
  GOV2+ w/ Windows.  no enhancements.  It USUALLY remembers the volume.  But this last time (and a few others), it started up at 100%.  I'm surprised my ears aren't actually bleeding right now...

Did you plug it into a different USB port than the last port (which had the volume turned down) ?

Sep 18, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #1,390 of 2,040
Most likely yes.  I have a surface pro 4 and I needed to have access to more than one port so I used a hub.  I OFTEN use a hub with the gov2+.  Same hub as always.

the thing is ... when in doubt ... do NOT put the thing up at 100%!!!!  That seems like a negligence lawsuit waiting to happen.

edit:  I just plugged in again.  Different port, same hub.  This time it remembered the previous volume.

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #1,391 of 2,040
  Most likely yes.  I have a surface pro 4 and I needed to have access to more than one port so I used a hub.  I OFTEN use a hub with the gov2+.  Same hub as always.

the thing is ... when in doubt ... do NOT put the thing up at 100%!!!!  That seems like a negligence lawsuit waiting to happen.

edit:  I just plugged in again.  Different port, same hub.  This time it remembered the previous volume.

As a precaution, always plug in the DAC before u plug in your earphones/headphones.

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #1,392 of 2,040
Sep 23, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #1,393 of 2,040
So what differentiates the V2+ from the V2+ signature edition, apart from color?  Are there any noticeable SQ differences between the two?

Sep 23, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #1,394 of 2,040
  So what differentiates the V2+ from the V2+ signature edition, apart from color?  Are there any noticeable SQ differences between the two?

Good question ... Was wondering the same thing :)  And how much are they asking for those units? 

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #1,395 of 2,040
Still waiting for my V2+ Infinity. 
confused_face(1).gif
  My pledge was for the Audeze EL-8 bundle.  The headphones were only shipped once I logged a ticket........ I saw on the comments that someone from Dubai had already received his months earlier, so I contacted support.  I hope they don't forget about me (again).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back