LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Mar 28, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #901 of 2,040
Yes, I had backed a V2+ Special Edition from the Stream campaign. Back on 1/16 I was told they are waiting on new chassis because the ones received were scratched. Then it was delayed until March due to Chinese NY. Well March is almost over and the latest excuse is that it takes extra time to put together the SE version. Well what were you doing in the 3 months waiting for the chassis?

I contacted LH last week and they said that my V2+ infinity should ship the third week of April.  This doesn't surprise me.  

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #902 of 2,040

How many of these are actually out in the wild? I'm not finding a ton of pictures of this thing actually paired up with any phones/headphones.

They said they were shipping mine last week. I've heard nothing but crickets, so far...
confused_face_2.gif

their website says still out of stock for GO V2+. Couldn't wait more, and decided to go for the Chord Mojo last week, with NO regrets!!!

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #903 of 2,040
  their website says still out of stock for GO V2+. Couldn't wait more, and decided to go for the Chord Mojo last week, with NO regrets!!!

Nobody ever says this sentence "with regrets". You can never let on that you wished you could find out how choice #1 would have turned out... Enjoy the Mojo though. I demoed one a month ago and it was a good rig. Too tick for me, but built like a tank and well worth the money.

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #904 of 2,040

Nobody ever says this sentence "with regrets". You can never let on that you wished you could find out how choice #1 would have turned out... Enjoy the Mojo though. I demoed one a month ago and it was a good rig. Too tick for me, but built like a tank and well worth the money.

Yep!, that said, i'd still love have a v2+, only hope it gets more and more available

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #905 of 2,040

Too expensive for me and lack of balance output turn me off that. I'm sure it's a great unit though. I just think the V2+ has a sleeker sexier design with better functionality.

No way I'd crowd fund them though, even though my 450 and V2 are top ace. Too many delays and broken design factors.

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #906 of 2,040
Too expensive for me and lack of balance output turn me off that. I'm sure it's a great unit though. I just think the V2+ has a sleeker sexier design with better functionality.

That's the kicker right there, "has". Because it's not really in production yet and no one can buy one, so it can't really "have" anything yet :p  And well, I suppose you can buy them and LH will take your money, but you can't have yet. Haha. 

I'm also waiting for one of the Infinity versions to crop up on the for sale forums, at a discounted price, and then I'll have a look. I'll be waiting it out for a while though, as I'll let the bugs get stamped out. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #907 of 2,040
Stupid question but the v2+ should sound identical to the regular version, correct? You'd think with all the delays they could tweak the sound a bit just in case it could use it. (Don't know if it actually would be worth it, I'm very happy with how the regular version sounds now)

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #908 of 2,040
Stupid question but the v2+ should sound identical to the regular version, correct? You'd think with all the delays they could tweak the sound a bit just in case it could use it.

It's only the chassis which is delayed. The hardware was built some time ago so physical tweaks would be impractical.
That being said the V2+ may have improved sound over the V2 due to a cleaner power supply.

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #909 of 2,040
Random question out of the blue: does anyone know how volume control works between the GOv2+, JRiver Media Center for OS X, and DSD?

I have bit-streaming enabled, no DSP effects and I have absolutely zero control for the volume level with media keys (volume slider in JMC is also greyed out). I can barely hear some of my DSD music with high gain and balanced output.

Balanced output with the K701 and classic rock sounds fantastic though!

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #910 of 2,040
miceblue no idea if this helps, but in windows I only have control over volume with dsd streaming when I have this checked.. it's required for dsd volume control.  I did notice some dsd is much quieter than pcm 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4nak4pmcj59nkn/Screenshot%202016-04-07%2000.19.49.png?dl=0

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #911 of 2,040
This is on  Windows

Tool>Option>Volume>Volume Mode

Volume Modes

1. System Volume
System Volume controls the master volume of the entire system. It is equivalent to clicking the volume system icon and adjusting the slider.

1. Application Volume (Windows versions only)
Application Volume controls the volume of only Media Center. This requires Windows Vista and newer. It is not recommended for the best sound quality because it adds another volume layer.

1. Disabled Volume
Disabled Volume disables any volume controls. This mode is useful if you send audio to an external device with a hardware volume, and you want to avoid the complexity of two volumes.

1. Internal Volume
Internal Volume applies volume inside the 64bit JRiver audio engine. This is the highest quality possible software volume. More on 64bit processing here Audio Bitdepth.

Internal Volume is useful in cases when hardware does not offer a volume, which is common with high-end sound cards and DACs.

As with any audio processing, Internal Volume does not work when bitstreaming. It also does not work with web browser based playback like Netflix.

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #914 of 2,040
miceblue no idea if this helps, but in windows I only have control over volume with dsd streaming when I have this checked.. it's required for dsd volume control.  I did notice some dsd is much quieter than pcm 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4nak4pmcj59nkn/Screenshot%202016-04-07%2000.19.49.png?dl=0

Oh nice, that did the trick. Thank you for that!

Track 2 of this album is going to be one of my test tracks for soundstage and instrument separation.
https://fonerecords.nativedsd.com/albums/natural-jazz-recordings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back