LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Aug 12, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #184 of 2,040
Could someone recommend a OTG cable to use from my Samsung Galaxy S5 to the Geek Out V2+?  I have been looking all over for a OTG cable terminated with micro USB on both ends for the phone and the V2+.

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #185 of 2,040
http://www.ttvjaudio.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=aat0000200&404;http://www.ttvjaudio.com:80/TTVJ_Micro_USB_to_Micro_USB_Portable_Cable_p/aat0000200.htm=

I was looking to get the V2+ but the immediate payment and no consideration for older backers put me off. I was happy to pay $279 but never got the opportunity since they all got snapped up.

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #186 of 2,040
  Could someone recommend a OTG cable to use from my Samsung Galaxy S5 to the Geek Out V2+?  I have been looking all over for a OTG cable terminated with micro USB on both ends for the phone and the V2+.

I have a simple cable coming from eBay (china seller). I didn't like how the TTVJ USB OTG cable's 90° connectors face opposite directions. So for $6 and a little wait time I'll eventually receive a USB OTG cable like this.

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #188 of 2,040
Looks identical to mine. I never signed up for the Beta testing either, they just sent it to me.

Sonically it's great, but the build is awful. Literally any other case would be preferable to me, Google cardboard VR style would be an upgrade tbh. It has a sticky-ish feel in the hand, like a cheap spray paint that always feels slightly tacky, especially when it heats up.

Sounds great though.

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #189 of 2,040
Looks identical to mine. I never signed up for the Beta testing either, they just sent it to me.

Sonically it's great, but the build is awful. Literally any other case would be preferable to me, Google cardboard VR style would be an upgrade tbh. It has a sticky-ish feel in the hand, like a cheap spray paint that always feels slightly tacky, especially when it heats up.

Sounds great though.

What man?!? What was LH Labs thinking when they released this thing? Are they trying to keep their customer base or what? I wish they just put out a better casing.

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #192 of 2,040
Did anyone else's have the card in it explaining this is not final and will need to be shipped back when the final is ready?

Mine didn't. Was that for the V2 or V2+ Infinity?

As it is now, it looks ugly and cheap, and feels the same. I've had $40 amps (like the Topping NX1) with better build quality. Heat or not, they should have easily known that this design would not go over well. I'm guessing they had no other plan aside from the 3D printed Resin and decided to ship anyway.

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #193 of 2,040
Did anyone else's have the card in it explaining this is not final and will need to be shipped back when the final is ready?

If you have the v2+ with the red plug on top, you definitely don't have the final production version.  That is where the balance headphone out goes.

iB160wZmq5HqQBVPzhgOE3pqPVEPzmDiCU5bs0VzgcI=w1144-h643-no

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #194 of 2,040
I thought the red plug was just so people know not to use the balanced out since hardly anyone has balanced stuff?  anyway.. I wish I could enter cryo-sleep until my gov2 gets here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back