LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
May 18, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #31 of 2,040
  I'm not sure. It does have a normal price. Like he said, watch the classifieds, and I would think they'd sell it after it is released for the normal price. The v2+ batches are not full, and it is better IMO, so if you wanna get it, you can either use someone's referral link or just do it on your own. Only difference being you'd help someone out. If so, help me! I'm at 2 refs!

the V2+ is just as powerful as the USB version right? And the referral link would be for the regular price units?

May 18, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #33 of 2,040

the V2+ is just as powerful as the USB version right? And the referral link would be for the regular price units?

Yes, from what I understand, if not better due to its isolation from the power (USB). And the ref link for either is for the special pre-order price.

Edit: V2 - Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): >105 dB unweighted. > 108 A-weighted.
V2+ - 
Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): >108 dB unweighted. > 111 A-weighted.

That's all I saw.

May 18, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #34 of 2,040
  Yes, from what I understand, if not better due to its isolation from the power (USB). And the ref link for either is for the special pre-order price.

One last question if you don't mind me asking, can the V2+ be continually used with my laptop if plugged in via the 2nd micro usb port? With the occasional battery top up if needed? I wont need potable usage a lot but it would be nice to have best of both worlds :wink:

The balanced output would be perfect for my Z5. Am hyped

Edit: I read through the thread, looks like most of the info is there my bad

May 18, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #35 of 2,040
  Sorry for the double post and if its already been asked, what are these upgrades? Like the Infinity upgrade?

All good. It kinda has, but it is on the first page. It details the differences. 
Geek Out V2 Infinity Specs:

Additional 450mW output option
Additional Digital Filter Mode (SSM)
-3dB THD+N Performance Boost
MSRP: $499

Edit: Oh yeah, and 0.1%MELF resistors vs 0.5% in the regular.

May 18, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #36 of 2,040
How do you check how many ref you got?
I think I have 1 or 2, but not sure.

May 18, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #37 of 2,040
May 18, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #38 of 2,040

One last question if you don't mind me asking, can the V2+ be continually used with my laptop if plugged in via the 2nd micro usb port? With the occasional battery top up if needed? I wont need potable usage a lot but it would be nice to have best of both worlds :wink:

The balanced output would be perfect for my Z5. Am hyped

Edit: I read through the thread, looks like most of the info is there my bad

Yes, it can. What is the Z5?
No worries man, it happens, btw, I edited my two last posts with more info as to better answer the question. Check it out.

May 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #39 of 2,040
  Yes, it can. What is the Z5?
No worries man, it happens, btw, I edited my two last posts with more info as to better answer the question. Check it out.

I appreciate it thanks! I was referring to the Sony XBA Z5. It is supposed to sound better thru balanced output and it comes with an extra balanced cable that are 3.5 mm trrs plugs. The V2+ would seem to fit the bill for my case.

Just to clarify, as per my last question about using it as a quasi permanent solution for my laptop and the occasional trip with it outside, that should be feasible right?

May 18, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #40 of 2,040

I appreciate it thanks! I was referring to the Sony XBA Z5. It is supposed to sound better thru balanced output and it comes with an extra balanced cable that are 3.5 mm trrs plugs. The V2+ would seem to fit the bill for my case.

Just to clarify, as per my last question about using it as a quasi permanent solution for my laptop and the occasional trip with it outside, that should be feasible right?

Sure. Gotcha. I'm having a hard time finding TRRS cords. Yes, I don't see why it wouldn't be. 

May 18, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #41 of 2,040
With less than 24hours notice, I got an email about approximately an hour ago stating they want to move the pre-orders to indiegogo and collect the full amount tomorrow by 12pm PST for all the people that have already pre-ordered. That is some of the worst "business" I ever have dealt with. They can kiss my ass, and I'd stay FAR away till they get their act together. Btw, mods, if I can't cuss, go ahead and edit it, as I'm not sure if there is a rule against it from my recollection. 

May 18, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #43 of 2,040
Hello guys, I just got an email from backer@lhlabs.com of LH Labs saying:

... "
If you've already made a reservation for your Geek Out V2 or V2+, we're asking you to confirm your pre-order by making your final payment on Indiegogo on Tuesday, May 19th at 12:00PMPacific time using a special perk called "Confirm Your Pre-order."  By utilizing the Indiegogo platform, you'll also now have the added ability to upgrade your pre-order Geek Out V2 to Geek Out V2+ and/or either of the V2 or V2+ Infinity editions.

By doing it this way, we'll make a splash on the first day of the campaign. This is important because we need to get into the Trending Now section of Indiegogo if we want new eyes to be opened to the awesomeness of high-end audio." ...

However, I recall with absolute certainty that When I originally pre-ordered the G.O. v2, it said that I will be only charged the $1 now, and the remaining balance before my item's scheduled ship date (batch 23 for me, November 25th according to their shipping date). I then checked my original confirmation email from LH Labs and it didn't say anything about the payment date, then I went to their website and it appears they have removed the section under this product's shipping dates that says when the charge will be made.

To me it seems this company is trying to scam us (again) with their fraudulent business practices by charging us much, much earlier than they said they will. So I responded to this email asking if my pre-order will still be valid if I don't pay tomorrow. (I wasn't expecting to pay until late November and I can't afford it yet.) I also noticed on their website the "contact us" button is not even working! 

So I recommend anybody who's pre-ordered to check their email (and junk folder) to see if they got this message, and if so and if this is really true then you should give them a piece of your mind, demanding that they honor their original agreement. 

I would like to mention that however bad this company's service is, their G.O. v2 products themselves are phenomenal and it's still worth getting your hands on these one way or another! 
beyersmile.png

May 18, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #44 of 2,040
  Hello guys, I just got an email from backer@lhlabs.com of LH Labs saying:

... "
If you've already made a reservation for your Geek Out V2 or V2+, we're asking you to confirm your pre-order by making your final payment on Indiegogo on Tuesday, May 19th at 12:00PMPacific time using a special perk called "Confirm Your Pre-order."  By utilizing the Indiegogo platform, you'll also now have the added ability to upgrade your pre-order Geek Out V2 to Geek Out V2+ and/or either of the V2 or V2+ Infinity editions.

By doing it this way, we'll make a splash on the first day of the campaign. This is important because we need to get into the Trending Now section of Indiegogo if we want new eyes to be opened to the awesomeness of high-end audio." ...

However, I recall with absolute certainty that When I originally pre-ordered the G.O. v2, it said that I will be only charged the $1 now, and the remaining balance before my item's scheduled ship date (batch 23 for me, November 25th according to their shipping date). I then checked my original confirmation email from LH Labs and it didn't say anything about the payment date, then I went to their website and it appears they have removed the section under this product's shipping dates that says when the charge will be made.

To me it seems this company is trying to scam us (again) with their fraudulent business practices by charging us much, much earlier than they said they will. So I responded to this email asking if my pre-order will still be valid if I don't pay tomorrow. (I wasn't expecting to pay until late November and I can't afford it yet.) I also noticed on their website the "contact us" button is not even working! 

So I recommend anybody who's pre-ordered to check their email (and junk folder) to see if they got this message, and if so and if this is really true then you should give them a piece of your mind, demanding that they honor their original agreement. 

I would like to mention that however bad this company's service is, their G.O. v2 products themselves are phenomenal and it's still worth getting your hands on these one way or another! 
beyersmile.png

Didn't back the product, but I received the same email.

May 18, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #45 of 2,040

beyersmile.png

Yup, got it as well. I replied to that email saying, "how about you go screw yourself". So. I don't care whether it is honored or not at this point. It isn't that important. Can't fault the engineers or whoever made the product, but definitely the people behind making this move. I smell a class action lawsuit, what do you all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back