LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
May 3, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #1,996 of 2,040
Penon Audio definitely ship to the US. Send them a message and I'm sure they'll help you out, they're a very highly regarded seller.

If you prefer eBay they've got a store under the name Bigbargainonline there.

Thanks I'll check it out.

May 3, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #1,997 of 2,040
Honestly if you can do it yourself or find someone to do it for you it will be much cheaper. The materials are 2$ at best and the process is relatively simple. I got mine done by one guy in my country for 7$ with silver cable and whatnot. If you are around the SEA region I can probably ship to you.

4kdiM7T.jpg

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #1,999 of 2,040
I have been experiencing cut-outs in the balanced jack of my GO2PRO SE for a while now because of a certain looseness in the jack. My sense is that the jack might require some soldering work. I have reported this matter to L H Labs since September of last year, but I have had no response from L H Labs, in spite of incessant retrials, ticketing, and messaging on their forums. I would try doing the soldering myself if I had any experience, but I don't. What I have done is retire my unit prematurely, while waiting for L H Labs to respond. I have not used my GO2PRO SE for more than 6 months now or fear of making the problem worse. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue using a DIY option?

Again it plays alright when I hold the plug of my balanced TRRS adapter with my hand to keep it engaged in a certain way, but I soon as let go, I start experiencing the cutouts because of the looseness of the jack, which does not seem to enable it to hold the pin of the TRRS adapter in the right way for it to function without the cutouts.

May 5, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #2,000 of 2,040
I have been experiencing cut-outs in the balanced jack of my GO2PRO SE for a while now because of a certain looseness in the jack. My sense is that the jack might require some soldering work. I have reported this matter to L H Labs since September of last year, but I have had no response from L H Labs, in spite of incessant retrials, ticketing, and messaging on their forums. I would try doing the soldering myself if I had any experience, but I don't. What I have done is retire my unit prematurely, while waiting for L H Labs to respond. I have not used my GO2PRO SE for more than 6 months now or fear of making the problem worse. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue using a DIY option?

Again it plays alright when I hold the plug of my balanced TRRS adapter with my hand to keep it engaged in a certain way, but I soon as let go, I start experiencing the cutouts because of the looseness of the jack, which does not seem to enable it to hold the pin of the TRRS adapter in the right way for it to function without the cutouts.
This exact issue happened to my SE input.

May 5, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #2,001 of 2,040
May 5, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #2,002 of 2,040

How does/did your S. E. sound compared to anything else you've heard?

May 5, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #2,003 of 2,040
How does/did your S. E. sound compared to anything else you've heard?
The SE sounds normal and works fine... I just prefer to go balanced by default, because I use 4-pin XLR cables with most of my cans, which is why I use the XLR female to 3.5 TRRS adapter with the GO2PRO SE.

PS. As compared to SE jack, the balanced connection sounds better for me, as one would expect. To be fair, I have only tried the SE Jack only a few times, and have never really formed a habit of using it that much, although it sounds passably good, and not defective.

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #2,005 of 2,040
Larry and crew must be awfully busy. They're not answering any of the emails I've sent, which is highly unlike them! I sent my V2+Infinity in for upgrade to a GoPro SE in late March and haven't heard one word. I really miss my portable unit and check the mail daily just hoping it will magically appear! I can see how those who haven't received their products feel, emotionally waiting is a hard thing to do... The bitter is REAL, though I'm not! I just miss it badly!!!!

May 31, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #2,006 of 2,040
is it just me who can hear noise using IEM with my GO2Pro Infinity? Plugging my IEMs into my phone/Shanling M1 produces almost no noise at all. I tried both my Alclair Reference and ATH-CK10, same result.

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #2,008 of 2,040
is it just me who can hear noise using IEM with my GO2Pro Infinity? Plugging my IEMs into my phone/Shanling M1 produces almost no noise at all. I tried both my Alclair Reference and ATH-CK10, same result.

Tried different sources and cables (particularly cable with a ferrite choke which can sometimes help)? I only have v2+ which isn't normally noisy but have had some issues related to these (for instance will pick up phone interference).

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #2,009 of 2,040
Hey guys, I got a GOv2+ from a friend. It had power button issue so he had broked the chassis to use the internal switch. I have been using it for a month now and suddenly it stopped working. It doesn't charge, the green led doesn't glow when connected to charger. Even after an hour of charging the device doesn't switch on. Any help please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back