LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Nov 2, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #1,051 of 1,391
Does the V2+ Infinity and GO2A Infinity sound identical?

Yes, to me they sound identical!! .... Just got my Go2A Infinity back yesterday and I absolutely love it .... 

I was using the V2+ Infinity for the last 3 months, but due to charging issues it was not ideal.  It would die on me on the middle of a conference call because the V2+ battery would not charge at the rate it was being discharged. 

The GO2A Infinity sounds absolutely amazing in balanced (sames a the V2+ Infinity).   It did not sound this good before I sent my Geek Out V2 Infinity for the upgrade.  

It looks like LH Labs is finally improving the business to match their sound quality!!!  I've open a ticket to follow-up on my GO2A last Thursday, got a response almost immediately and the device arrived yesterday.

GO2A SOUNDS AMAZING with my TH900  in balanced !!!  I love the new RED case and love the sound quality!!!!   Just don't touch it :)  Super hot ... 

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #1,052 of 1,391

Yes, to me they sound identical!! .... Just got my Go2A Infinity back yesterday and I absolutely love it .... 

I was using the V2+ Infinity for the last 3 months, but due to charging issues it was not ideal.  It would die on me on the middle of a conference call because the V2+ battery would not charge at the rate it was being discharged. 

The GO2A Infinity sounds absolutely amazing in balanced (sames a the V2+ Infinity).   It did not sound this good before I sent my Geek Out V2 Infinity for the upgrade.  

It looks like LH Labs is finally improving the business to match their sound quality!!!  I've open a ticket to follow-up on my GO2A last Thursday, got a response almost immediately and the device arrived yesterday.

GO2A SOUNDS AMAZING with my TH900  in balanced !!!  I love the new RED case and love the sound quality!!!!   Just don't touch it :)  Super hot ... 

Agreed on the balanced. I'm using the 2A Infinity on balanced with my Senn 600s and they sound stunning.

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #1,053 of 1,391

Thanks for the reply. My GO 2A Infinity actually arrived yesterday but I wasn't at home at that time and just found out this morning. Can't wait to listen to it tonight. I unpacked it this morning and totally agree on the red looking fantastic 
gs1000.gif

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #1,056 of 1,391
From my initial listening last night (a couple of hours) I find the V2+ to deliver better quality sound, especially from the SE output. More refined treble, more air between instruments and slightly better clarity are the differences that I noticed. From the balanced output it was much more difficult to hear differences.

These are early impressions so take it with a grain of salt...

Still, performance from the 2A is very impressive and enjoyable for the price.

I'm going to do a full review of the 2A with much more comparisons so we'll see what my final verdict is in a couple of weeks

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #1,057 of 1,391
Here you go guys and gals:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lh-labs-geek-out-2a/reviews/17331

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #1,060 of 1,391
  where'd you hear about that? they'll prolly just use the new generation of ess chips, finally implement ssm, refine the electronic components to whatever is the hottest/newest next year. maybe integrate the revive (if it's not already).

I honestly don't know if I was supposed to say anything about it, but I wasn't told NOT to....all I know is that it's in the R&D phase and almost done. I heard that from Larry. Literally all I know. I'm sure it'll be amazing whenever it comes out.

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,064 of 1,391
Does anybody know if the 3.5mm TRRS pin assignment of the V2+ (pic below is from the V2+ manual) is the same for the GO2A, too?

V2%20pinout%20diagram.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Should be. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back