LG V40 ThinQ

Switching from V30

• Yes

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 66 58.4%

• Total voters
May 23, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #406 of 973
Good stuff @spinrite :) What do you find most use for with the second screen?

I find the dual screen useful when researching things online or when you want to view different content at the same time, be it apps or anything important to you. It just makes getting things done faster because you can view things at a glance at the same time, that's a big bonus. The attached second screen is a great feature tool.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #408 of 973
Love my V50. Takeaway improvement points.

Much improved screen, love the size. No color shifting or degradation at extreme viewing angles. Colors seem much more accurate. I rate this screen very high quality to my eyes, very pleasing screen i've come across. Lg did an outstanding job tuning and making the right improvements.

Love the dual screen option. I thought it was a bit of a gimmick but there's times it's been useful.

The Meridian tuned is a improvement to my ears compared to the V30. More balanced across the audio frequency spectrum and the options to custom tune/dial in the sound with the added EQ option to your liking is nice. Love the Meridian tuning, sound feels wider, more spacious then on my V30.

Cameras are another area of big improvement both for videos and photos.

Boombox and secondary speaker uptop by the earpiece for more balanced and louder, clearer sound now is fantastic. This phone gets loud for both calls and entertainment enjoyment sound in media.

The fit and finish is very polished. Everything from the dual screen case attachment clip on. Feels like it's a part of the v50 when attached. The quality of the case is made well and feels solid. Screen quality isn't as good on the device but it's good enough to be enjoyable to use.
Is this the European model 6/64 GB model?
How is the battery life compared with the V40.
Is there any place that sells it sik free, and where can the dual screen be bought?
Thank you.

May 23, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #409 of 973
Is this the European model 6/64 GB model?
Is there any place tl this the European model 6/64 GB model?
Is there any place that sells it sik free, and where can the dual screen be bought?
Thank you.

Mines a Korean based version. 6gb/128gb storage.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #410 of 973
Battery life has been pretty decent approx 8 hours of SOT. Dual screen if always activated cuts into it a bit by the looks of it. I'm sure with 5G activated, it'll cut into the battery endurance even more. There's a reason why a 4000 mah battery is inside of this V50, it'll consume 20% more power for sure. But, otherwise very decent.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #411 of 973
Another V40 owner here that will also probably be moving to a V50. I do like the V40 a lot, and I can live with the notch (I agree it's a silly iFruit copy, but nowhere near as egregious as ditching the headphone jack and then pretending the reason was lack of space). The two main issues I have with the V40 are its size (it's too big - V30/V35 are a much better size for one-handed use) and its battery life. It looks like the V50 might fix one of these issues(?).

I just bought the G8. Nice size, same sound I suspect, same screen, bigger battery life and better size. Cheaper than the V50

May 24, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #412 of 973
I just bought the G8. Nice size, same sound I suspect, same screen, bigger battery life and better size. Cheaper than the V50
Maybe smaller size then V50 but that's all.
V50 is the flagship and even if it has a bigger screen the battery is 4000 MHA Vs 3500 MHA
If you know how to adjust the phone properly, and turn off the unecesary 5 g , and other things, then it hould last longer.
That's what I plan to do, when I will get mine.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #415 of 973
In case anyone wanted to know: I got my update to Android 9.0 (Pie) on my V40 today.

USA - Verizon
Is it now possible to turn off the camera sound? Can't find a way with my Korean LG V40, even when the phone is on silent camera still makes sound when taking photos.

Also the battery life has been improved on Android 9.0?

Thank you.

May 26, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #416 of 973
Screenshot_20190526-174536.png Camera app > settings > toggle sound off. (some locations require camera noise by law, though)

Battery life seems fine: from 100% at 7am to 91% at 10 to 6pm. Very light usage today.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #418 of 973

Users who are viewing this thread

Back