LG V40 ThinQ

Switching from V30

• Yes

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 66 58.4%

• Total voters
Oct 31, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #151 of 973
He's saying he heard the 40 won't be available in Europe, and is asking if it's accurate

I read in a number of places that was supposed to have been launched in Europe a couple of weeks ago. LG are often bad with their distribution of phones though. Hopefully it'll arrive soon.

Where I live, the G6 is their current premium device.

Oct 31, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #152 of 973
I read in a number of places that was supposed to have been launched in Europe a couple of weeks ago. LG are often bad with their distribution of phones though. Hopefully it'll arrive soon.

Where I live, the G6 is their current premium device.

The Hungarian LG representative said that the V40 will not be available. This does not mean that it will not be elsewhere in the EU. The same was true of LG V20. (it never even appeared in the EU)

Oct 31, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #153 of 973
Alrighty then. I'm gonna flip the script.

I'm not quite there yet...but it is improving I have to agree at about 20hrs burn in time so far. I actually took my hi-res Pioneer SE1 headphones over to a friend's house last night with the V30 and V40 to A-B them, as I only have a few days left to decide. One interesting thing i noted as these 45ohm headphones (right on the verge of the trigger needed) ALWAYS default to high-impedance mode on the V40, while it takes a few plug-ins to trigger them on the V30--and what a difference in this mode...and man do these headphones bring out every single nuance of the music.

I will say one thing...the battery life on the V40 is quite impressive. Sure I haven't even activated the phone or run anything but audio apps on it--but battery is still at 70% after 3 days from full charge.

I still do hate the bottom jack though as it's very cumbersome with the 3.5mm adapter when holding...

Oct 31, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #155 of 973
If that's the case, we will buy the Korean version V409N.
I hope is still has a FM radio, and there is no blootware, or other applications in Korean that cannot be removed. I am hoping at least android 9.0 as firmware update for the future.
I had the LG V20 Korean model. It worked, it had nothing to do with it, but ... if it had to be repaired it would have been worth it because it did not have a European service. And no guarantee.

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #158 of 973
I always ran my quad dac filter on enhanced with my 30

I definitely always ran it in 'natural' mode, but there's something else I just noticed the V40 has the V30 didn't...an equalizer screen right on the Quad DAC page. And not only that, surprise, suprise but it actually includes a MANUAL SET option instead of only rediculous automatic presets with +8db of bass coupled with -5db of treble (thank you LG!!). That means it should override apps like UAPP in bitperfect mode and you can give just a hint of a 'California Curve' if needed for your cans. I'm liking the V40 a bit more each day--and still burning it in too.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #160 of 973
I'm not quite there yet...but it is improving I have to agree at about 20hrs burn in time so far. I actually took my hi-res Pioneer SE1 headphones over to a friend's house last night with the V30 and V40 to A-B them, as I only have a few days left to decide. One interesting thing i noted as these 45ohm headphones (right on the verge of the trigger needed) ALWAYS default to high-impedance mode on the V40, while it takes a few plug-ins to trigger them on the V30--and what a difference in this mode...and man do these headphones bring out every single nuance of the music.

I will say one thing...the battery life on the V40 is quite impressive. Sure I haven't even activated the phone or run anything but audio apps on it--but battery is still at 70% after 3 days from full charge.

I still do hate the bottom jack though as it's very cumbersome with the 3.5mm adapter when holding...
That's interesting, because neither phone should default to high impedance with anything below 50 ohms. So I thought

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #161 of 973
I definitely always ran it in 'natural' mode, but there's something else I just noticed the V40 has the V30 didn't...an equalizer screen right on the Quad DAC page. And not only that, surprise, suprise but it actually includes a MANUAL SET option instead of only rediculous automatic presets with +8db of bass coupled with -5db of treble (thank you LG!!). That means it should override apps like UAPP in bitperfect mode and you can give just a hint of a 'California Curve' if needed for your cans. I'm liking the V40 a bit more each day--and still burning it in too.
I haven't played with the EQ yet because I'm not using the stock player. If I do, it's going to take some time to adjust to the new look. Besides, Neutron sounds really good right now

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #162 of 973
Been cruising for a few hours now, listening to some Ted Nugent via the stock LG player. Here's another win I see over the 30. In the car the music sounds so much more wide, natural, clear and real than what I recall from my 30. I thought the DTS feature was pretty much just good for media, movies, etc. It makes a huge difference in side to side mode. This is a really nice benefit for me, as I spend 5 to 6 hours a day, 4 days a week while at work, inside a vehicle. This phone is seriously growing on me.

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #163 of 973
Been cruising for a few hours now, listening to some Ted Nugent via the stock LG player. Here's another win I see over the 30. In the car the music sounds so much more wide, natural, clear and real than what I recall from my 30. I thought the DTS feature was pretty much just good for media, movies, etc. It makes a huge difference in side to side mode. This is a really nice benefit for me, as I spend 5 to 6 hours a day, 4 days a week while at work, inside a vehicle. This phone is seriously growing on me.
I will however say the DTS is useless with headphones and music imo

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #164 of 973
Yeah...i thought about that too...it will think headphones are hooked in when you connect it in the car so you can choose DTS-X there and I bet it does make a bit of a difference.

The (manual) EQ is not in the stock player settings...it's in the DAC settings so it should be able to be applied anywhere.

My phone's stock player once again frustratingly clips the start of DSF tracks as it did on the V30. It can't be just me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back