LG V40 ThinQ

Switching from V30

• Yes

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 66 58.4%

• Total voters
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #185 of 973
Want to buy the beat sounding mobile phone when headphones connected? You buy LG V40.
Want to buy the mobile phone with the best network reception at all times? You buy LG V40.
https://uk.pcmag.com/samsung-galaxy...-has-the-best-cellular-reception-of-any-phone
I'm not sure I follow what you are attempting to relay in your message, but if you are saying the V40 sounds "beat", or it's sound is only as good as Beats headphones, you couldn't be more wrong. I believe I have it about as burned in as it's going to get, and it sounds damn good. I don't miss my V30 one bit, plus the V40 is just a better phone all together. The sound the V40 produces is better layered, more coherent, more detailed, better balanced, and has better imaging. I'm not talking night and day difference, it's more subtle, but to my ears distinguishable. The only thing the V30 has in it's favor is more power / volume, and a greater sense of attack. YMMV

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #186 of 973
I'm not sure I follow what you are attempting to relay in your message, but if you are saying the V40 sounds "beat", or it's sound is only as good as Beats headphones, you couldn't be more wrong. I believe I have it about as burned in as it's going to get, and it sounds damn good. I don't miss my V30 one bit, plus the V40 is just a better phone all together. The sound the V40 produces is better layered, more coherent, more detailed, better balanced, and has better imaging. I'm not talking night and day difference, it's more subtle, but to my ears distinguishable. The only thing the V30 has in it's favor is more power / volume, and a greater sense of attack. YMMV
It's a typo.

Nov 9, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #195 of 973

Awesome... thanks!

edit... that app is very helpful. I can plug a cable in to the phone w/ nothing attached and it goes to 'Auxiliary' mode, but not 50Ω+ high-gain mode. I've ordered a 1/4" adapter for my HD650s and an 80Ω in-line adapter that should trigger the high-gain mode.

Aux mode does seem to be louder than the 'Normal audio device' mode, at least with my Oppo PM-3s. I haven't had a chance to try Aux mode w/ the HE4xx cans yet.

And the v40 sounds amazing with my SE535 IEMs, way better than the standard headphone jack on any of my previous smart phones. I can't wait to receive the Andromedas next week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back