LG V30
Dec 7, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #5,554 of 6,140
Right. So you holding back on the BTR5 until the others are also available ?

I couldn’t control myself especially after having ordered a custom upgrade 2.5mm Balanced cable for use with the DM6 earphones.
It’s a beautiful cable both in build and audio quality. Soft and supple as a silk weave.
I’m having to use the a ddHiFi 2.5-3.5mm adapter with the V30 for now. And this adapter is also a thing of beauty you will agree.

US $82.00 | UP-OCC COPPER litz structure 4Core Upgraded Copper Cable litz 3.5/2.5/4mm Earphone Cable MMCX 2PIN
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/SXUIPKHH

Nice!

I’m not so much holding back as waiting for the BTR5 to be more readily available in the EU, from a place where I could send them back if I’m disappointed. Also I am always reluctant to get on board with Fiio gear that has a software counterpart, they’re not making much progress on that front and can’t seem to shake off the Chi-fi vibe. But the BTR5 may well be worth it, especially if I get their UTWS1 unit to round things up.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #5,555 of 6,140
hellooo.. might anyone here give me some tips on buying a V30 from either Ali or eBay? As in refurbished, where the sellers invariably have not tested the DAC for perfect function (they say they "don't have time" for that), only the "major functions", and where in the accompanying blurb the DAC is usually not even mentioned? (Previously I bought a V10 from Shenzhen seller, whose rear camera did not work, and which lasted about six months at most before completely self-destructing). The prices here (currently around 240NZD) are the only way I can presently afford such an item!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #5,556 of 6,140
hellooo.. might anyone here give me some tips on buying a V30 from either Ali or eBay? As in refurbished, where the sellers invariably have not tested the DAC for perfect function (they say they "don't have time" for that), only the "major functions", and where in the accompanying blurb the DAC is usually not even mentioned? (Previously I bought a V10 from Shenzhen seller, whose rear camera did not work, and which lasted about six months at most before completely self-destructing). The prices here (currently around 240NZD) are the only way I can presently afford such an item!
I bought from Amazon (Renewed). Virtually like new with a good return policy. Paid $154 US at the time.
https://www.amazon.com/LG-Camera-Si...&qid=1576067196&sprefix=v30+re,aps,162&sr=8-1

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #5,557 of 6,140
From an audio standpoint the most likely point of failure is the headphone jack. The DAC chip itself is tightly integrated into the motherboard and unlikely to fail on its own. You just need to get a guarantee that you can plug in headphones and they work in both channels.

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #5,558 of 6,140
Thank-you very much for this. The Amazon sellers do indeed seem far more of a sure thing with this item! Not only that but I found another, cheaper one, available in a few days, with exactly the same back-up and eeeven plenty of reference in the description to the 32-bit DAC. Yay!
Thanks again

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #5,559 of 6,140
Thank-you very much for this. The Amazon sellers do indeed seem far more of a sure thing with this item! Not only that but I found another, cheaper one, available in a few days, with exactly the same back-up and eeeven plenty of reference in the description to the 32-bit DAC. Yay!
Thanks again
You're welcome hope you have the same good experience I had. It will come with a 90 day warranty.

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #5,560 of 6,140
From an audio standpoint the most likely point of failure is the headphone jack. The DAC chip itself is tightly integrated into the motherboard and unlikely to fail on its own. You just need to get a guarantee that you can plug in headphones and they work in both channels.

Do you mean by this I should ask seller to plug some 'phones n and test, then supply guarantee (no less) of stereo performance??

Dec 12, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #5,562 of 6,140
You're welcome hope you have the same good experience I had. It will come with a 90 day warranty.
Hmmm. Seems this might not be straightforward after all, for those of us outside the US... Enquiry as to network connectivity beyond T-Mobile system for these phones have not (yet) been responded to,. and in one instance the item simply removed itself from my cart after whoever, I guess, changed the shipping status following my question...also several complaints on this regard found in comments..

Dec 12, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #5,563 of 6,140
Hmmm. Seems this might not be straightforward after all, for those of us outside the US... Enquiry as to network connectivity beyond T-Mobile system for these phones have not (yet) been responded to,. and in one instance the item simply removed itself from my cart after whoever, I guess, changed the shipping status following my question...also several complaints in this very regard are found in comments..

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #5,564 of 6,140
Hmmm. Seems this might not be straightforward after all, for those of us outside the US... Enquiry as to network connectivity beyond T-Mobile system for these phones have not (yet) been responded to,. and in one instance the item simply removed itself from my cart after whoever, I guess, changed the shipping status following my question...also several complaints on this regard found in comments..
As far as NZ goes, the biggest problems with that model will be no 3G 2100MHz and no LTE band 28. If you want something that will work across all the NZ cell bands you’d need the H930 model (this one is H932).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back