LG V30
Nov 10, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #5,521 of 6,140
That's certainly an important advantage, since with the G7 LG moved to the 'secure' unlock system that many OEMs are implementing now. Since @usuario74 mentioned prices in GBP I assume he/she is in the UK, and the G7s that were sold in the EU (model G710EM) can all be unlocked officially (you just need to do some fiddling with filling in the serial numbers on an online form). But beware of people selling imported US models (I saw quite a few offers for these on eBay), since those can't be unlocked through the official method. There is a thread on xda detailing how to get most other models unlocked by cross-flashing to a firmware for Google Fi, but this requires a bit more work.

Oh yes, good point. For those in Europe, bootloader unlock and root is much easier. That was true with V30 as well (and, I assume, all LG models).

I merely meant to point out that there are definite advantages to the V30, both in hardware and (some) in software, and it is a matter of priorities whether one prefers it or the G7.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #5,522 of 6,140
I was wondering whether someone could point me in the right direction. I've started to listen to Tidal music via UAPP on my LG V30+ through my beyerdynamic T51i on-ear headphones. The sound quite beautiful. However, the sound is a little distant compared to my beyerdynamic iDX 160 iE in-ears (which I use for travel). I'm using the T51i on-ears for bedtime listening as they are very comfortable. The impedance is supposed to be 32 Ohms. I have to have the volume up quite a bit (50+ level) to get a decent amount of immersive volume. Sensitivity is 111dB.

Is the V30 not switching to a mode for higher impedance headphones? I could do with a more powerful sound from the T51i on-ears. The in-ears have a higher impedance (47 Ohms) and I'm wondering whether the V30 drives them better.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #5,523 of 6,140
That's the issue right there...the ON ears are only 32ohms which is not enough to trigger hi-impedance mode, while the IN ears @ 47ohm are enough to trigger it as it is very close to 50ohm limit--so the IN ears are going to be supplied more amp power. There's a reason LG has not offered that option manually in (now) six phone revisions. Although there are numerous well-documented in here (clunky) ways to trick the phone into high-impedance mode, most headphones/IEMs sound best in the state they were designed for (high or regular impedance naturally selected)--you just may have to kick up the volume a bit for regular mode.

Try these for dirt cheap at massdrop. Not the greatest build quality but they sound quite nice. They are also 60 ohm so they clear the high impedance threshold.
https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-koss-porta-pro-x-headphones

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #5,524 of 6,140
I was wondering whether someone could point me in the right direction. I've started to listen to Tidal music via UAPP on my LG V30+ through my beyerdynamic T51i on-ear headphones. The sound quite beautiful. However, the sound is a little distant compared to my beyerdynamic iDX 160 iE in-ears (which I use for travel). I'm using the T51i on-ears for bedtime listening as they are very comfortable. The impedance is supposed to be 32 Ohms. I have to have the volume up quite a bit (50+ level) to get a decent amount of immersive volume. Sensitivity is 111dB.

Is the V30 not switching to a mode for higher impedance headphones? I could do with a more powerful sound from the T51i on-ears. The in-ears have a higher impedance (47 Ohms) and I'm wondering whether the V30 drives them better.

You could buy 20 ohm impedance adapter and that combined with your headphones should trigger high imp mode. Maybe like this one

US $8.99 | 3.5mm 20ohm/75ohm/100ohm/175ohm Impedance Adapter Plug for HiFi Player/Earphone
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/0BJjX6gpz

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #5,525 of 6,140
You could buy 20 ohm impedance adapter and that combined with your headphones should trigger high imp mode. Maybe like this one

US $8.99 | 3.5mm 20ohm/75ohm/100ohm/175ohm Impedance Adapter Plug for HiFi Player/Earphone
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/0BJjX6gpz
This has been covered before in this thread. If you keep the high-impedance adapter plugged in serial with your earphones then half the power output will just be going into warming up the adapter. You also need an extension cord (a short one will do). Plug the adapter into the cord and then plug the cord in the phone. Then remove the adapter from the cord and plug in your phones.

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #5,528 of 6,140
Hi guys I am looking at updating my source and thinking of replacing my v30 with the ibasso dx160. I found the sound of the v30 exceptional but looking for a little bit more.
Has anyone listened to the dx160, do you think the upgrade would be worth the cost?
I listen to FLAC files and use fiio fh7 item.

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #5,531 of 6,140
Yes I'm sure the DX160 improves on the V30. I have iBasso DX80 and DX200 and music is much better on those
I have had the Hiby R6 which has the same dac chips. I am much happier with the V30 with my Cayin C5 headphone amplifier. One thing I can say is that phone manufacturers have perfected the user experience and battery life. The DX160 may be a better screen than the R6 but I doubt it will compare to the V30 in terms of resolution and speed. I experience very little battery loss when using the device for music, even with wifi and data enabled. The dac in the v30 is really good and the Catin amp really pushes it over the top.

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #5,533 of 6,140
I have had the Hiby R6 which has the same dac chips. I am much happier with the V30 with my Cayin C5 headphone amplifier. One thing I can say is that phone manufacturers have perfected the user experience and battery life. The DX160 may be a better screen than the R6 but I doubt it will compare to the V30 in terms of resolution and speed. I experience very little battery loss when using the device for music, even with wifi and data enabled. The dac in the v30 is really good and the Catin amp really pushes it over the top.

Agree, V30+ purely as a music player with No SIM has amazing battery life for its size. Only reason I don't still use mine is I bought a Sony A105* which has truly awesome SQ with low powered IEM's such as my SE846's. Still do have my V30+ in storage.

Not had the R6 but had the R5 which was also a great DAP IMO.

* Japanese import

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #5,534 of 6,140
Can anyone reccomend a cable for lg30 to mojo? Usb C to mini or coaxial will be better sounding?

is it worth to mojo the lg30?

What kind of headphone do you want to drive with?
For standard iems, no.

It depends on your use case, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back