LG V30
Aug 15, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #5,377 of 6,140
That's not good.
I works perfectly well with the Audioquest Dragonfly Red...works like a dream. By the way I mentioned Hugo in my first post ...I meant Mojo :)
Sorry but i don't understand. With dragonfly works and with mojo and hugo you have problems?

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #5,381 of 6,140
Just received the FAAEL 80 and 220ohm adapters. It turns out that it won't trigger the HIM. I have connected the adapter alone to the phone and I have connected it to a extension cable (TRS) and then to the phone. In both cases, only AUX mode was triggered. I have also ordered this jack but it hasn't arrived yet. Does this mean that the FAAEL high impedance connectors will simply not work, and only the Dunu adapter works (that would be really strange), or do I need to wait for the Kenable TRS jack? @rayliam80 I'm tagging you since you also have the FAAEL connector, maybe you have an answer.

EDIT: it turns out that plugging my IEM into a high impedance adapter and then plugging both of them into the phone, will trigger the high impedance mode. But should I leave the IEM into the high impedance adapter like this? I have read elsewhere that it's not advisable.

EDIT#2: Plugging the IEM, high impedance adapter and extension cable all together and then into the V30 will also trigger the HIM. After that, I simply unplug the IEM and high impedance adapter and replug the IEM into the extension cable, that also triggers HIM. So 2 methods work for me at the moment:

1. IEM + high impedance adapter --> V30
2. Extension cable + high impedance adapter + IEM --> V30 --> unplug high impedance adapter and IEM --> insert IEM into extension cable that's still attached to V30.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #5,384 of 6,140
@cenix

I have the HIM notification app on my V30. I do it in this order:

Headphones/IEMS -> Faael Impedance Adapter -> AUX Cable

Do not plug in the AUX cable into the V30 while connecting everything else. Connect everything first. Then plug the AUX cable into the V30 with everything attached. Wait for the 50ohm notification to pop up. Once you see that, while leaving the aux cabled plugged, unplug the Faael Impedance adapter. Be careful not to disconnect the AUX cable or you'll need to start over. Once the adapter is removed, plug in any headphones or IEMs you want. The V30 will stay in HIM as long as the AUX cable is not disconnected.

**Edit - The Faael Impedance adapter degrades the sound so it's advisable not to leave it connected in the chain while listening. You'll have better results by removing it.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #5,385 of 6,140
Just received the FAAEL 80 and 220ohm adapters. It turns out that it won't trigger the HIM. I have connected the adapter alone to the phone and I have connected it to a extension cable (TRS) and then to the phone. In both cases, only AUX mode was triggered. I have also ordered this jack but it hasn't arrived yet. Does this mean that the FAAEL high impedance connectors will simply not work, and only the Dunu adapter works (that would be really strange), or do I need to wait for the Kenable TRS jack? @rayliam80 I'm tagging you since you also have the FAAEL connector, maybe you have an answer.

EDIT: it turns out that plugging my IEM into a high impedance adapter and then plugging both of them into the phone, will trigger the high impedance mode. But should I leave the IEM into the high impedance adapter like this? I have read elsewhere that it's not advisable.

EDIT#2: Plugging the IEM, high impedance adapter and extension cable all together and then into the V30 will also trigger the HIM. After that, I simply unplug the IEM and high impedance adapter and replug the IEM into the extension cable, that also triggers HIM. So 2 methods work for me at the moment:

1. IEM + high impedance adapter --> V30
2. Extension cable + high impedance adapter + IEM --> V30 --> unplug high impedance adapter and IEM --> insert IEM into extension cable that's still attached to V30.

Okay, I just noticed your edits. Yeah, that's basically it - edit#2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back