LG V30
Feb 5, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #4,936 of 6,140
1. Yes.
2. Excellent.
3. Comparable. Didn't really see a difference.
4. Not at all. People root it for extra audio options that are either unnecessary or available via other (cheap) options. But, IMO, it's not needed at all.
5. Yes. I think Max is 2TB?

Agreed.

It seems people are only rooting their phones because they're bored, are running poorly matched headphones or don't understand how the LG's headphone output actually works.

Feb 5, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #4,937 of 6,140
It seems people are only rooting their phones because they're bored, are running poorly matched headphones or don't understand how the LG's headphone output actually works.

Sorry, but this is nonsense, and a generalization - even if it is partially true for a few.

Everybody has different reasons to root. I personally have not rooted my V30 yet, as I don't need to. But I will once LG stops sending updates, thus keeping the phone relevant and useful much longer. If I had a pair of planar magnetics that required hoops and adapters to get into HIM, that would be another reason. And then there's a thousand other reasons different people might have, that are nothing to do with audio.

Just let it go and let people root if they want to.

Edit: @VI001101106 had it perfectly right in answering the original question: Root is by no means needed to enjoy the V30's sound quality. That was to the point.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #4,939 of 6,140
15494741773642354879167529654141.jpg
Ultrasone edition 5 limited+lgv30 high imp mode. Happiness

Feb 7, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #4,941 of 6,140
How much does the V30+ go for & best & cheapest place to buy one in the US?

Thanks!

Why not take a minute to check on ebay or amazon ?
If budget is an issue you could just get V30, save some money and still have same great sound.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #4,942 of 6,140
How much does the V30+ go for & best & cheapest place to buy one in the US
Why not take a minute to check on ebay or amazon ?
If budget is an issue you could just get V30, save some money and still have same great sound.

As Archy said, just check eBay or Amazon. eBay has been a popular place for middlemen to sell used or refurbished V30s, particular since it was discovered last spring that all carrier locked models (except T-Mobile) can be easily converted into Open Market models (i.e. carrier unlocked). No root required. At that time many people would buy V30/V30+ for $300-350, depending on condition. Sprint models (LS998) became attractive: Nobody had wanted them before since they are the most locked down from the carrier. Now you will find that many Open Market models sold on eBay (US998 in the case of US) are actually carrier models converted by the seller. I would ask this of the seller, since there are still a few differences between an original US998 and a converted carrier model.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #4,944 of 6,140
I have just bought v30+ from ebay.
Brand new sealed sim free from
No problems.

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #4,945 of 6,140
Thanks, I've checked Amazon but not eBay, I rarely buy anything from eBay due to those horror stories. I'll check it out in a bit.

That’s a myth. Those days are long gone. People only run into trouble when they choose to be ignorant.

Just buy from a seller that has all Positive feedback in 100’s plus, has been a memeber for couple of years and lastly only pay using PayPal. Things will go fine and worst case your money is fully protected by PayPal. Oh and choose unlocked.

Feb 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #4,946 of 6,140
Thanks a lot, I have a question. I've came across a YouTube comment saying certain 3rd party App doesn't use the Built-In ESS DAC. is it True? I was planning on buying the PowerAmp App because it looks Nice but if thats the case what Music App would you guys recommend? I've never bought an App before.

Feb 7, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #4,947 of 6,140
Thanks a lot, I have a question. I've came across a YouTube comment saying certain 3rd party App doesn't use the Built-In ESS DAC. is it True? I was planning on buying the PowerAmp App because it looks Nice but if thats the case what Music App would you guys recommend? I've never bought an App before.

That’s easy one. USB Audio Player Pro - audiophile grade that utilises the DAC.

http://extreamsd.com/index.php/products/usb-audio-player-pro

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #4,948 of 6,140
I have an old Huawei P7 and was thinking, do I get a V30 or should I just get a Fiio M9. I would like to have just one device, but I’m more concerned about the sound. So if “push came to shove” I would still carry too. So the real question is how good is the V30, what is close too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back