LG V30
Dec 7, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #4,516 of 6,140
M0, radsone ear studio or fiio btr3.

@gimpy I would go with The ES100 or the BTR3 BT adapters. They will allow you to connect to any headphones of your choice using the highest available quality LDAC protocol which theoretically can support up to 24/96.

Dec 7, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #4,517 of 6,140
@gimpy I would go with The ES100 or the BTR3 BT adapters. They will allow you to connect to any headphones of your choice using the highest available quality LDAC protocol which theoretically can support up to 24/96.
So does the M0. But the M0 can also function as a stand-alone DAP, USB DAC, etc. For *roughly* the same price, the M0 does a lot more than the ES100 or BTR3.

Dec 7, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #4,518 of 6,140
So does the M0. But the M0 can also function as a stand-alone DAP, USB DAC, etc. For *roughly* the same price, the M0 does a lot more than the ES100 or BTR3.

That is true but I personally prefer the BTR3 type device as it’s a smaller clip on and made for purpose. Just switch on and go.
I can see the value for some in going with M0 as it can double up as a full DAP. If I went this path than I would instead go with the new Hidiz AP80 that also supports two way LDAC and has much better build quality and features.

ap80.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ap80-hidizs-next-portable-hi-res-music-player.878141/

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #4,519 of 6,140
That is true but I personally prefer the BTR3 type device as it’s a smaller clip on and made for purpose. Just switch on and go.
I can see the value for some in going with M0 as it can double up as a full DAP. If I went this path than I would instead go with the new Hidiz AP80 that also supports two way LDAC and has much better build quality and features.

ap80.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ap80-hidizs-next-portable-hi-res-music-player.878141/
How much smaller do you really need to go than the M0? BTW, the M0 isn't vaporware - you can buy it today :wink:
The AP80 will use the exact same DAC and amp as the M0. What features does it have that the M0 lacks?

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #4,520 of 6,140
How much smaller do you really need to go than the M0? BTW, the M0 isn't vaporware - you can buy it today :wink:
The AP80 will use the exact same DAC and amp as the M0. What features does it have that the M0 lacks?

I think we are going far off what was asked by Gimpy. I have no interest in turning this into a p*ssing contest.

@gimpy if you don’t want to spend much and looking for something as budget entry into BT foray you could consider Fiio UBTR that supports aptx and aac for apple devices. It’s size of a AA cell and can be had for around £22.

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #4,522 of 6,140
I think we are going far off what was asked by Gimpy. I have no interest in turning this into a p*ssing contest.
Me neither. Sorry if my reply came across as snarky. I'd genuinely like to learn from those that have experience with the AP80. The problem is most of the Kickstarter backers still haven't received it. Which does make you wonder why Hidizs' website is offering it for sale. If folks are happy simply sending their money and having their money received in a timely fashion, please pm me and I'll send you my PayPal email address and you can just transfer me some cash. In fact, I think I'll start a special service right here on headfi:

How gullible are you? PayPal me $10 for your searching questionnaire :wink:

I know Hidizs promised HiBy-link, which would be cool, if true, and if it worked reliably. Shanling have promised a similar feature to HiBy-link on the M0, but it isn't there yet. The Hidizs link to HiBy (pardon the pun) would be a concern to me, given how HiBy screwed up their last two kickstarter campaigns. The other thing with the AP80 - it's quite a lot larger than the M0 or BTR3, so if the OP were concerned about size, that might be an issue.

@gimpy if you don’t want to spend much and looking for something as budget entry into BT foray you could consider Fiio UBTR that supports aptx and aac for apple devices.

I'm going to guess because of the forum we're on that @gimpy has a better phone than an Apple iPhone and would want to use higher-bandwidth codecs than AAC. AptX has also been lapped a couple of times now. Both the BTR3 and M0 would support LDAC connections from a V30.

Dec 7, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #4,523 of 6,140
I'd genuinely like to learn from those that have experience with the AP80. ... If folks are happy simply sending their money and having their money received in a timely fashion, please pm me and I'll send you my PayPal email address and you can just transfer me some cash. .

Uhm, you're not trying to be snarky? You might want to try harder. Not that I disagree with you on the content - promised and delivered are certainly two different things and trackrecord does matter, but you could certainly convey the same info without being snarky,. BTW, you aren't genuinely interested in finding out -- you clearly think you already know.

Dec 7, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #4,524 of 6,140
Uhm, you're not trying to be snarky? You might want to try harder. Not that I disagree with you on the content - promised and delivered are certainly two different things and trackrecord does matter, but you could certainly convey the same info without being snarky,. BTW, you aren't genuinely interested in finding out -- you clearly think you already know.
No, I don't. I've never seen or heard the AP80.

Dec 7, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #4,526 of 6,140
I picked up an unlocked V30+ off Ebay, however it came completely de-bloated. I do not see the stock LG player to play my DSD files. Anyone know where I can get the stock LG player?

Dec 7, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #4,527 of 6,140
I picked up an unlocked V30+ off Ebay, however it came completely de-bloated. I do not see the stock LG player to play my DSD files. Anyone know where I can get the stock LG player?
If it we're me, I'd go to settings, General, Reset, then Factory data reset. Because if you got it from eBay, well... you just never know.

Probably the seller just disabled the LG Music app (under Settings, General, Apps and Notifications, App info). But after a factory reset, you might want to disable it too, because the LG Music app isn't necessarily the best choice. This link explains why:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-apps-tips-and-tricks-for-the-lg-v30.868978/

Dec 8, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #4,529 of 6,140

ap80.jpg

very interesting

Dec 8, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #4,530 of 6,140
@csglinux & @scottm18 .. you guys were spot on .. they had just disabled the app. The local google search on my phone found it and now I am playing the DSD file through the app. I thought the LG "Music" app might make a difference, but hearing the same DSD files through UAPP is very similar. Thanks for your responses!

BTW .. my Massdrop Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee phone does kick in the High Impedance mode on the LG V30, however the loudness is still not optimum as to when I listen to it through my iFi nano iDSD BL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back