LG V30
Apr 19, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #3,061 of 6,140
anyone using a separate power amp other than the mojo with their V30 and how to get a line out feed to it?

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #3,062 of 6,140
Got my unit a week ago after lurking here for many months.

Pleased overall but I'm starting to believe the claims that in normal impedance mode hifi dac and amp don't do crap, granted that I own only budget iems and those might not be to reavealing.

If forced to aux or high impedance there's a noticeable difference at least in power but also in tonality.

I think I'll have to buy an extension cable to force aux and peace my mind on the matter.

Apr 20, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #3,063 of 6,140
I have tje same option with android 7.1.2
I use with tidal but no differencies in volume

I honestly do get a huge difference on Android 8.0. Do other members have this experience?

The Oreo update for the LG V30 arrived in the Netherlands last night.
One of the differences I found was that my offered me an option to automatically start Spotify when I connected my headphones (in this case the Vivo XE800).
I opted for this option and found out the output is much louder now.
Before the update I had my volume floating around 26-28 with the XE800, now I'm at 12-13. Did someone else notice this difference?

Apr 20, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #3,067 of 6,140
someone knows the impedance output with quad-dac? thank you

It has been posted before, around 1 ohm (1.3 if I remember correctly). It's the ouput impedance of the entire source (phone) actually with or without quad-dac enabled (afaik it doesn't change if you enable or disable the hifi dac).

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #3,070 of 6,140
My unlocked V30 hasn't got a chance to upgrade to Oreo. But I am quite curious about Ldac. If I connect my V30 to Ldac supported device, playing Tidal MQA songs, is it still playing bit perfect (completely unfolding MQA), or music will be resampled by Android and at what sample rate can it be? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #3,071 of 6,140
I received my DUNU Impedance Adapter today.
I'm not sure what my issue is, but when it is attached to my Fospower Audio Extension Cable my LG V30 triggers as high impedance mode, but once I remove it to attach my 1More Quad Drivers headphones it converts back to AUX mode.
I even tried it with another extension adapter...same results.

Can anyone explain to me...why?

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #3,075 of 6,140
It is the extension. I have no idea why once you disconnect the the Dunu, it reverts to Aux Mode.
The only extension cable that worked for me was an ugly cheap Y type....

Looks like I'm going to need to make another purchase...lucky that they aren't expensive, but it does add up and I can feel the lint at the bottom of my pockets already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back