LG V30
Apr 15, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #3,046 of 6,140
I pulled the trigger on V30. Pair it with ie800s. No regrets! IE800S + Aux mode + UAPP + Tidal MQA is a bliss. And how convenient! Sold my DX200 with amps and happily see myself retired from bulky players. Though V30 can't stand toe to toe with high-grade dedicated players, it has a pleasant tuning that I find quite engaging.

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #3,047 of 6,140
I pulled the trigger on V30. Pair it with ie800s. No regrets! IE800S + Aux mode + UAPP + Tidal MQA is a bliss. And how convenient! Sold my DX200 with amps and happily see myself retired from bulky players. Though V30 can't stand toe to toe with high-grade dedicated players, it has a pleasant tuning that I find quite engaging.
Interesting...

I sold my dx200 too
I'm now using ie800 and Andromeda with the V30. These 2 pair really well with the V30.

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #3,048 of 6,140
In my opinion it can stand toe to toe. The only DAPs I have that it can't best are the Opus#2 and QP2R. It does hang with the Shanling M3s.

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #3,049 of 6,140
^
Couldn't pass up a fairly decent deal on the V30 from my telco this weekend so I ordered one. It was meant to be after reading the Stereophile review. V20 will be relegated to backup duty. I will miss the IR blaster, removable battery, and yes, the secondary display. How is the new floating 2nd display on the V30?

Things I'm looking forward to on the V30: wireless charging again, waterproofing finally, OLED screen, tweaked Quad DAC, slightly smaller form factor.

Only drawback is this phone will be carrier locked so I'll be looking to unlock it asap.

I may be one of the few whonloved the edge screen panels on Samsung and knew i would miss it when moving to v30.

But, the floating dock coupled with an app called Drawers, so basically now to edge features, has allowed me to forget the edge display and enjoy v30.

Although honestly most of my edge flicks before we're to the apps panel in which sat my settings icon for me to have quick access to battery and device boost which I needed to hit 20 times per day to deal with severe battery loss on Samsung. On the v30 I don't even need to think about battery.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #3,050 of 6,140
^
Couldn't pass up a fairly decent deal on the V30 from my telco this weekend so I ordered one. It was meant to be after reading the Stereophile review. V20 will be relegated to backup duty. I will miss the IR blaster, removable battery, and yes, the secondary display. How is the new floating 2nd display on the V30?

Things I'm looking forward to on the V30: wireless charging again, waterproofing finally, OLED screen, tweaked Quad DAC, slightly smaller form factor.

Only drawback is this phone will be carrier locked so I'll be looking to unlock it asap.

I use the floating display with just two panels for audio controls and the app shortcuts to the 5 audio apps I use the most - Tidal, UAPP, FM Radio, Loffee, Google Play Music. Works great.

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #3,051 of 6,140
The V30 arrived today!

Nice looking phone and I prefer the slightly smaller size compared to the V20. I had ordered a screen protector in advance of receiving the phone. I just applied it but it makes the screen look ugly when dark. The slight curvature along the edges of the V30 doesn't help either. Dilemma is go naked or find a good protector?

I bought a clear case and a Spigen ToughArmour case with kickstand. I prefer the Spigen case which I also have on the V20 so it's on now. Haven't bothered turning the V30 on yet and set it up. That's next! Will load on UAPP and some other audio apps for a test run.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #3,053 of 6,140
The V30 arrived today!

Nice looking phone and I prefer the slightly smaller size compared to the V20. I had ordered a screen protector in advance of receiving the phone. I just applied it but it makes the screen look ugly when dark. The slight curvature along the edges of the V30 doesn't help either. Dilemma is go naked or find a good protector?

I bought a clear case and a Spigen ToughArmour case with kickstand. I prefer the Spigen case which I also have on the V20 so it's on now. Haven't bothered turning the V30 on yet and set it up. That's next! Will load on UAPP and some other audio apps for a test run.

I have the Spigen case on my V30 too - and am naked with the screen. I tried a protector but it really made response times too laggy.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #3,054 of 6,140
The Oreo update for the LG V30 arrived in the Netherlands last night.
One of the differences I found was that my offered me an option to automatically start Spotify when I connected my headphones (in this case the Vivo XE800).
I opted for this option and found out the output is much louder now.
Before the update I had my volume floating around 26-28 with the XE800, now I'm at 12-13. Did someone else notice this difference?

Apr 19, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #3,056 of 6,140
One of the differences I found was that my offered me an option to automatically start Spotify when I connected my headphones (in this case the Vivo XE800).
Before the update I had my volume floating around 26-28 with the XE800, now I'm at 12-13. Did someone else notice this difference?

Are you a bat? 12-13???

Apr 19, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #3,057 of 6,140
I have tje same option with android 7.1.2
I use with tidal but no differencies in volume

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #3,058 of 6,140
As mentioned numerous times here, by both application and ear situation, I am not a big fan of IEMs. Is anyone using the Focal Clear conventional headphoneds with the V30? Seems like it would be a perfect match as the 55ohm impedance should just trigger the high-volume output of the V30. Can anyone attest to that--and how they sound with this phone?

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #3,059 of 6,140
As mentioned numerous times here, by both application and ear situation, I am not a big fan of IEMs. Is anyone using the Focal Clear conventional headphoneds with the V30? Seems like it would be a perfect match as the 55ohm impedance should just trigger the high-volume output of the V30. Can anyone attest to that--and how they sound with this phone?

I can't speak for the Clear as I've never heard them, but I have the Focal Elear (at 80 ohms) and I can confirm the V30 drives those superbly in terms of both volume and dynamics/headroom. Imagine the Clear would be similarly well handled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back